“WOW the view & food”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Corona
Description: Thank You for inquiring about 619 OceanView. Due to complications from Hurricane Irma we are currently closed. Please continue to check back with us for updates.
Reviewed July 16, 2014

This is a lovely restaurant - very bright, airy - with view of beach & Atlantic from almost every table. The food is outstanding, particularly the watermelon gespacho, crispy snapper and their salads. We enjoyed the entire experience with friendly and informative staff.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

The view is great from almost anywhere you sit, inside or outside! Outside seating is wonderful! My friend & I had the Wahoo. It was very good, but could have used a little more sauce as it was a tad dry. The bread and scallops were very good. My husband had the filet and he loved it. The prices were reasonable! I'd definitely try this restaurant again.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Good food with a great view from the deck of the Atlantic, but a very long wait for the entree. Finally, just as I anticipated finishing with an expresso creme brulee, another guest decided to light a cigar in direct violation of the Florida Clean Air Act.. You guessed it; we were a few tables downwind.

That paragon of diplomacy, my husband, offered to put the cigar out on his face. However, I thought it best to retreat to an inside table, report to management who were oblivious, enjoy dessert, and convince my husband that he has no diplomatic immunity.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The food is good, as is the service and the view. But if you are handicapped you have to go up numerous wooden steps to the front door and then numerous steep steps to the restaurant entrance ( I should have counted the stairs, but there are many!). The restaurant recently underwent a major renovation. When I asked the hostess about handicap accessibility she said they were "grandfathered" but if it was a problem we could eat in the pub which is on the ground floor, no view. I was shocked that a major resort complex would not have decent accessibility for the handicapped at their gourmet restaurant, even though they are "grandfathered". This community has many retired people who would definitely be unable to climb the mountain to the top! I will never go back!

1  Thank pvbeach
Reviewed May 18, 2014

It was a special occasion so my wife and I decided to dine in 619 Restaurant at the Cabana Beach Club. I had recently found out the restaurant was open to the public. We arrived and I asked the Hostess if we could have an ocean view. We were seated along the window and I realized that almost everyone had an ocean view. The waiter reviewed the wine list with us and help us select a nice bottle of wine with our entrees. My wife had the seared scallops and I had the swordfish. Both entrees and sides were fantastic. I was very surprised that the menu prices were as reasonable as they were because it is a club. The service was great. The waiter knowing it was a special occasion brought us a complementary dessert. Another nice surprise. I was told that the restaurant had just received all new furniture. We especially liked the comfortable chairs. We will be back and we will be bringing our friends.

1  Thank Phil L