“Yum!”

Palm Valley Fish Camp
Reserve with OpenTable
Palm Valley Fish Camp is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Part of a small chain that includes Marker 32 and North Beach Fish Camp
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Six of us dined at Palm Valley Fish Camp last night and everything was great. I had Rick's All Day Soup, a tomato based chowder like soup with a creole type flavor - delicious. For my entree, I had Cast Iron Flounder, which was served over dirty rice mixed with collard greens. Mmmm. Other items folks at our table had were broiled seafood samplers, fried seafood samplers, a special beet salad. We split a white chocolate/raspberry bread pudding, which was plenty for 6 people to split after a great meal. The dining room was loud, but fun.

1  Thank Bonnie L

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife and I visited PVFC for dinner and we both enjoyed everything about the place. The location is out of the way if you're coming from town, but it is well worth the drive. I highly recommend making reservations to avoid a long wait - a good sign for any restaurant. The beer was very cold and the raw oysters were great. The food and the service were both excellent. The shrimp and grits were creamy and full of flavor. We will definitely return to try out other menu selections!

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Rather small and can be loud. The food is excellent. Fish is outstanding, but crab ales were too "filled". We've been often and always have a good meal. There is usually a wait due to the size of the place.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

My husband and I arrived at the Palm Valley Fish Camp around 5:45pm on a Thursday evening in January. We got the last spot in the parking lot. The place was already packed, with no tables available unless we had a reservation - which we didn't. However, there were six seats open at the bar, so we grabbed two of them. The other four were filled within minutes. Bottom line: go early or call ahead. This is a very popular place. We noted a number of people at the bar were regulars.

We shared a fried green tomato appetizer which was just okay to me, but I don't love fried food. (My husband didn't think it was anything special, either.) We also shared the beet salad and it was to die for. If you enjoy beets, you must order this salad when it's on the menu: an explosion of flavors from various types of beets, pesto sauce and blue cheese. My mouth is watering as I write this. I had the crab cakes. The crab was more "shredded" as opposed to lumps, but delicious just the same. My husband enjoyed the broiled seafood platter.

Our wait person checked in with us about every dish to ensure all was to our liking. Others who were behind the bar checked in with us as well. We chatted with a guy sitting next to us who owns a (part-time) condo in Ponte Vedra and he told us the Palm Valley Fish Camp is one of his "go-to" places when he's in town. I can see why.

Our meal with 2 first courses, 2 main courses and 2 glasses of wine came to around $65 before tip.

Note: we were sitting at the bar which is close to the entrance. We didn't walk over to the area with the tables, but it did seem a little loud. We'll definitely go back on our next visit to Ponte Vedra.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

If you are looking for a "down by the river" fishy looking dive to eat good fish - don't come here. If however, you are looking for really good seafood in a slightly upscale neighborhood, this one fills the bill. Good food, good bar service and good servers make this a very enjoyable spot!

1  Thank Ray S