“Unless You Are a "Regular"....” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Palm Valley Fish Camp

Palm Valley Fish Camp
Reserve with OpenTable
Palm Valley Fish Camp is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Part of a small chain that includes Marker 32 and North Beach Fish Camp
Jacksonville, Florida
“Unless You Are a "Regular"....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

We have visited this establishment at least 6 times over the last 24 months or so and while the food has always been good, getting to it has been a hassle most of the time. I took my husband there for a surprise on a Sunday afternoon and got there at 5:30 (based on past experience we know to try to get there early to get seated at all).We prefer to sit at the bar but indicated we would take a table if that option manifested itself first. We were told we were put on "the list" for the 1st two bar seats available. While we waited (for 30 minutes) another party of two came in, opting for the same thing and waiting for the next 2 bar seats available after us. As I watched 2 gentleman come in after the four of us had been sitting there for some time, waiting for bar seats, they helped themselves to 2 bar seats that had just opened up even as the hostess approached us about going to a table. When I questioned/reminded her we had been waiting for the first 2 available bar seats, her response was "Oh well then I can tell those 2 they can't sit there because you were waiting for those seats" SERIOUSLY?!

Our experience here, each time, has been poor seating management and have often felt that unless you are a "regular" or "local", this is the likely outcome. To add insult to injury, once seated I asked about wines not on the list we were handed yet were clearly on display (multiple bottles) in the area where we waited for 30 minutes and the server could not give me a viable answer as to why we could not select from them. Additionally, the server offered the entree specials to us verbally but I had to ask if there were other specials as well (i.e. appetizers) and then got my answer.

This last, highly annoying (yet recurring) experience finally made my mind up that I will not return.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MrsH0dges

Jacksonville, FL
“Who knew?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

We have been sailing past this delightful spot for years and never knew it existed? Who knew...
It honestly looks like someone's home from the Intercoastal waterway. Once inside, however, it's obviously a great little gem of a restaurant. The menu was unusual, the food was great and even the wine list had some surprises. Don't hesitate...find this place and enjoy!

Ocean Ridge, FL
“oh my goodness! We are definitely going back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were in Ponte Vedra Beach for a long weekend, and we ate here twice! That should tell you something! If you like Southern cooking, you will love Palm Valley Fish Camp. Best collards ever! Smoked butter beans. Fried green tomatoes. Bread pudding. But the main courses are where this restaurant shines. The fish is fresh and creatively prepared. The beef and chicken dishes are delightful! The Low Country boil is incredible!

Can you tell we loved this place? Yes, it is a bit noisy, so it may not be the best place for a first date, but if you are a foodie, this is a must-try. I believe you will be glad you did!

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“LOUD LOUD LOUD”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

My friend and I are both foodies and were very excited about trying this restaurant. We went on a Tuesday evening and the restaurant was so loud we couldn't hear a word our waitress was saying and she was standing right in front of us. The meals were OK, but it was so loud we couldn't wait to get out of there. We went to the Lodge and enjoyed a quiet, peaceful dinner on the ocean.

• Visited November 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cg1972
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
“Good food, friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Really good fish tacos, get them blackened. The bead pudding is worth the 10 minute wait! Very relaxed atmosphere and beautiful view.