“Great dessert but just ok food.”
Review of Restaurant Medure

Restaurant Medure
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurant Medure is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: In Shoppes of Ponte Vedra plaza
Transit: There are no stops in Ponte Vedra Beach
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Went here with my wife on a Saturday and the atmosphere was great. Very beautifully designed and setup restaurant. Service was very good but food was just ok. We had an underwhelming cheese plate for appetizer. I ordered the fish special which was good but not great while my wife ordered chicken with pasta that was also just ok. However the desserts were outstanding. I had the peach brulee and my wife had the chocolate soufflé. I cannot even explain how wonderful the desserts were.

1  Thank AnthonyBurg
There are newer reviews for Restaurant Medure

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I think what makes this place one of the preferred restaurants in this area is the wait staff. Logan was awesome! Very friendly, professional, and knowledgeable of the menu items. However, the food was good but not great. I agree with a previous reviewer who stated, "Nothing to die for." I'm sure that my view had something to do with my perception as well. While everyone else looked at soft white curtains and high back benches as a backdrop, unfortunately, my husband and I were stuck at a table in the back corner located at the exit door. My view was of traffic entering and exiting the shopping area with bright lights glaring as they drove by. I am not sure why this restaurant didn't think to put some type of curtain or something over the door. Hind sight 20/20, I probably should have asked to move to another table and maybe I would have enjoyed the ambience that others mentioned. However, that still would not have made the food "great"! Sorry Restaurant Medure, I really had high hopes, and I just can not give a five.

1  Thank tbtravel68
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I still save Madure's as a special treat as it always manages to be better than wherever else we would have chosen for the night. The atmosphere is always just right because most patrons know it is upscale and treat it accordingly. The food is always perfect with service to match. From specialties to the forever popular meatloaf, the kitchen never misses.
If you are just visiting the area, you need to make this a special stop. If you already live in the area, you already know.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I had not been back at this restaurant since they reopened at the end of February 2013, and we wanted to reconnect.
Complementary valet parking.
Premises are roughly the same as before, with open kitchen.
First of all, what we liked on a Friday evening is that most patrons were nicely dressed, some with jacket, most business casual. We were a party of three.
We started with:
- fish tartare.($14) It was fresh, moderately spicy, very good.
- clams ($9), in a tasty sauce, also very good

Our entrées were:
- Duck breast ($29). Very well cooked, medium as it had been asked. Crispy on the surface, with very soft meat. Really excellent. The only minus I would give, if any, is for the 2 layers of potatoes, small sliced potatoes on top of mashed potatoes. Maybe one too much.
- Carribean snapper franchaise ($28). Perfect cooking for the fish, very soft and tasty. Again on top of mashed potatoes, but this time with broccoli and carrots.

Dessert: we all had the banana bread soufflé ($8). Medure was already famous for soufflé dessert, and I have to say they are still worth their reputation. It's a light dessert, served with an excellent crème anglaise.

The wine list has a good choice, maybe too much focused on California for my taste, and slightly overpriced but it is still possible to find decent European wines for a reasonable price.

1  Thank JP M
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Excellent food and service! We had pistachio encrusted salmon with creamed leeks and Brussels sprouts, meatloaf with onion rings and blue cheese potatoes. Dinner was fabulous, a real treat!

1  Thank PJM10S