Recently, we had the pleasure of staying at the Sawgrass Marriott Golf and Spa.
Firstly, the hotel is beautiful and we are enjoying ourselves.
I had a problem that I needed to bring to management's attention. I had called the "At Your Service" line on the telephone the afternoon of the prior day (Friday) to inform them that I had a shirt that I needed dry cleaned for Saturday, late evening. The gentleman (and I don't recall his name), informed me that I should put the shirt in the dry cleaning bag, fill out the slip, and he would send a bellman up to retrieve it. After a half hour, I called back, informed him that no one had come to pick up the dry cleaning, he apologized and said that he would send someone up right away. It is now going on 1:45 pm, a new day, and the dry cleaning still sits in the bag waiting on someone to pick it up.
Admittedly, I am very detail oriented and have high expectations, but this is just simply a lack of communication. Now, I have a shirt that I have to wear twice because no one came to pick up the dry cleaning. If this service is offered, it should be administered, not just advertised.
Lastly, our sheets under the sheet/duvet cover is a stain. This is absolutely disgusting and unacceptable in my opinion. I called and asked for the Manager on Duty, was told they were busy and would call me back, but yet again, I have heard nothing.
This hotel is great at "looking the part," but poor at execution. As a Platinum Elite member, I expect more in a Marriott property, and I am sure that you do too.
The response that I received was horrendous. Marriott Corporate needs to examine this level of service recovery. The GM responded timely and expressed his concern that this was the worst experience I have ever had, given my frequent travels. He advised that he would be in the office in the morning, should I wish to discuss the matter further. The statement that I still can't believe was mentioned to me that was should I return to the Jacksonville area, he hopes that I will find other Marriott properties. There were no efforts to get me to return to his hotel!!
So, in summation, they are satisfied with the status quo, lack of follow through, and poor housekeeping--I can find another Marriott location in Jacksonville next time I'm there. Unbelieveable. No attempt at service recovery. I am appalled, will not be returning, and encourage others that if details and cleanliness are important to you, there are better options in the Jacksonville, according to this GM. Never have I had a GM respond is such a nonchalant way. Disappointed beyond belief. Marriott can and has done better. Believe me.
Given all that had happened, I did finally speak with the Assistant Front Desk manager when I called to complain that it was 5:00 pm and my room hadn't been cleaned. He got on it and saw to it that the room was cleaned, but I shouldn't have to wait until 5:00 to have my room cleaned, especially traveling with small children. Additionally, due to the inconvenience, he provided me with some bonus Rewards points, but I had to jump through what seemed like so much red tape just to speak with a manager.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the newly renovated Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, we provide guests all the elements for a winning stay. Accommodations range from newly refreshed guest rooms, to Premium Service Wing rooms and suites and spacious Villas with kitchenettes and patios, located in two-story buildings clustered around scenic lagoons. A spa, four pools and a variety of indoor and outdoor dining options offer choices for relaxing, indulging and mingling. Privileged access to iconic golf at the adjacent TPC® Sawgrass and to our recently renovated private Cabana Beach Club with dining overlooking the Atlantic ocean are each a quick, complimentary shuttle ride. Groups appreciate the convenience of over 61,000 sq. ft. of flexible indoor and outdoor event space, including an exhibit area, 2,500-person capacity ballroom, private beach venue and over 36 meeting rooms. Genuinely warm hospitality, a casual ambience and pleasant weather year-round await at our beautiful 65-acre resort, just 30 minutes from Jacksonville airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Marriott, Hotels.com, Jetsetter, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sawgrass Marriott Golf Hotel Ponte Vedra Beach
- Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort And Spa
- Marriott Ponte Vedra Beach
- Marriott Hotel Sawgrass