“Beautiful Grounds/Property/Stay”

Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa
Melbourne, Florida
“Beautiful Grounds/Property/Stay”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed at this beautiful resort for four nights on the Travelzoo deal which is going on through the end of June. Two nights for $248 with tons of extras - no parking fees, free wifi, free appetizers/drinks, etc. They put us in a golf villa which was off the hotel property which had a kitchen, living room, bedroom,humungous bathroom and a very large balcony. The property is absolutely gorgeous. They were getting ready for The Players Tournament so it was immaculate. Great service from all that worked there. The pub downstairs had great housemade chips with pulled pork, sour cream and cheese. Surprisingly good.

Room Tip: Stay in a golf villa very roomy and comfy.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
MarriottSawgrass, General Manager at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time your share your impressions of Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa. I am glad you enjoyed the beauty of our resort and appreciated the many amenities and comforts you found while here. Alice & Pete’s Pub is the perfect place to relax over great local cuisine and our Player Sandwich featuring pulled pork is always a favorite with our guests. I hope you will visit again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
north potomac
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We recently stayed for over a week at the newly renovated Sawgrass Resort and Spa. As a Marriott platinum member, I requested to see if we could get an upgrade to a one bedroom villa and the Manager on site was so accomodating. He assigned us to a beautiful corner villa unit on the second floor (room 1119) building 1100- highly recommend this unit! The unit had a private balcony with gorgeous views of the Lagoon. We woke up each morning to go out on the balcony to see the big fish in the lagoon, 2-3 adorable turtles, and the local wildlife and birds. The room featured 2 double beds on one side and a separate entry to a spacious living area, couch, chairs, dining table, etc. on the other side. It also featured a refrigerator and microwave and kitchen counter area. The property is very well maintained, beautiful grounds, and everyone was friendly. Patty and I belive the other person I spoke to was named Shirley were also very nice, along with the Manager. The highlight of the trip was taking the quick shuttle ride to the Cabana Club. We had colder weather then expected in Florida, some days 65-70 and we were concerned about the pool. However, we were pleasantly suprised at how warm the Cabana Club pool was. We loved it and spending time on the beach.

My only recommendation to management, is to provide some utensils, plates, etc. to use at the Villas. I believe they are working on this. I think they will let you use some of their supplies if you request, but just would have been nice to have in the unit.

Overall, though would recommend this property to friends. We had a lovely stay, lovely room, and everyone on staff was pleasant to interact with from housekeeping to the shuttle bus drivers to the beach! Our favorite 2 restaurants were North Beach Fish Camp, and Palm Valley Fish Camp, and for great pizza (Mellow Mushroom). We also enjoyed visits to the Jacksonville Zoo and JAX science center with our daughter. We enjoyed Marineland as well as we did the full dolphin experience - only recommend Marineland if you do one of the more pricy packages, otherwise, you can just see dolphins next time at Seaworld. St. Augustine, is just an hour a way and fun place to explore downtown area too!

Room Tip: Room 1119 - great - its the furtherest villa unit from hotel - but still a very close walk to main p...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Your comprehensive review is of great value to us, thank you! I am so happy you enjoyed so much of your stay at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa. Our renovation project brought even more value and beauty to our 63 acre resort, including our Villa accommodations, and it is wonderful to know you appreciated the homelike atmosphere and amenities. The natural Florida landscape surrounding our property welcomes all manner of wildlife and is truly wonderful to see. What really stood out in your review is your fondness for our private Cabana Beach Club as well as our service. We hope each and every guest who stays has the opportunity to experience it all, just as you and your family did. It would be our pleasure to welcome you again.
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I stayed for two nights business. I'm so glad that I decided to stay in this part of town, particularly since I was on business for Mayo.....very close. The property is lovely, and overall well maintained. There is a pool on site that was ample size for swimming laps, and large enough for several people to be swimming at once. I did make it over to the beach club one morning for a swim.....would have loved to spend more time there....beautiful beach! Staff helpful and friendly. I got a great deal on hotwire, and it included two welcome drinks. I had dinner there one evening at the more casual restaurant and the food was great. There were little issues....internet down for a while, super expensive printing in their business room, long lines trying to get coffee at Starbucks in the morning, pool maintenance wasn't done until later in the morning, and lawns were mowed mid-day making it hard to have any type of conversation outside.....but these were minor considerations. Room was gorgeous. Very happy.

Room Tip: Choose a room looking over the water fall
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your many words of praise for your experience with us. Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa is located along Florida’s Northeast Coast in beautiful Ponte Vedra Beach. We all feel very fortunate to be able to look out upon the beauty of our resort each day and to share it all with with our guests. I am so glad you enjoyed your business trip to the area and found not only convenience and value but comfort while here. We feature many services and amenities to enhance our guests’ experiences, including our spacious outdoor pools and access to our private Cabana Beach Club. I do apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered during your stay, however, and am glad to know that it was not too much of a disruption. We’re thrilled that you had an amazing time with us and we all hope that we can welcome you back again soon.
Maryland
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This is a lovely resort. We stayed in the tower because everything is right there (restaurant, pub, lobby lounge, pools, great exercise room and a water lagoon with waterfalls that change colors at night. Even though we are not golfers we thoroughly enjoyed it. Food was great; coffee maker in room but we used the starbucks in the lobby, lovely walking trails, public area decor was beautiful and rooms were updated, clean and had those great Marriott beds. My Main reason for this review is to explain the resort fee because Ive read so many reviews complaining that all it includes is water or reviews complaining about paying to park. When you check in ask and they give you a card that says the daily resort fee includes: Guestroom Internet access; complimentary faxes; complimentary self-parking (do not drive up and have the valet take your car if you want to get this amenity. Self parking is not that far away and you can access it by walking inside the convention portion of the hotel or down a path outside); Two bottles of water on day of arrival only; Access to the Cabana Beach Club including free beach shuttle over to it (the beach club is beautiful, right on the ocean); Spa and Fitness classes in the AM and late PM); complimentary 2 hr biking rental; 10% off Spa and Resort store purchases; Golf bag storage and a $50 credit toward a private golf lesson) and 2 cocktails or 1 appentizer!!!!!!!! That is way more than most resort fees cover but you should call ahead or ask about what it includes at checkin. (I will say that Marriott is probably losing business by not explaining on the hotel web site that the resort fee includes self-parking and all the other great things listed above). If I had not called I may have not booked thinking I had to pay both but you shouldn't have to call) We will definitely go back to this resort to stay longer and enjoy the beautiful area including the beach club with its beach, pool and several eateries.

Room Tip: When you book online at Marriott.com you have a choice of a tower room resort view or tower room la...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kokindaboat
MarriottSawgrass, General Manager at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed impressions of Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa. From the beauty of our public areas all the way to the comfort of your room and fresh Starbucks coffee available in our Lobby, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We truly offer so much to our guests and I am glad you have made mention of all the amazing amenities and activities available. Our resort offerings are detailed during the booking process as well as on our website, but I appreciate you pointing them out here. We look forward to your next stay with us and hope it is soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We are a family of seven staying here to visit family who live in town and get some Florida weather. Because my parents are with us, we got a 2 BR villa and a third bedroom at the senior citizens rate. However, if I were paying full price, I might be bummed. I will admit that I had expected something nicer for the PGA signature golf course hotel.

We love how understated and modest the place is -- it gives us a relaxed feeling. They grounds are very nice with lovely trees and water features -- very natural environment. The villas all have lovely outside porches with nice chairs overlooking ponds and trees.

The villa room walls are paper thin. I hear every tiny sound from the guests in the next room as if they were in the same room. I am sure they don't enjoy our sounds either.

I appreciate they fact then sprinkler systems are environmentally friendly with non-potable water even though it stinks. However, I hate seeing the sprinklers running on schedule in the rain! It's rained here not stop and the sprinklers just keep coming on.

The spa is lovely with a nice relaxing room and a nice outdoor pool area. My massage was wonderful. However, even though they don't close till 8pm, they start shutting things down at 7:30. Even worse, they don't tell you. About 7:35pm went to get in the steam room and it didn't seem to be on. I asked the attendant who told me it comes on automatically. I waited in and out of the steam room while looking for her for about 5-7 minutes only to find her gathering up my robe and such as if I were gone. At that point she told me that it shuts off early. Might she have mentioned that the first time I asked her?

The place isn't on a beach but it boasts of a beach club that is complementary to all guests and includes a free shuttle from the hotel (it's about 1.5 miles away). They don't tell you that you can't park at the beach club yourself on the weekend. And they don't tell you that the beach chairs aren't complimentary but actually cost $15 each for the day. Shouldn't that be included in our $22 per room resort fee?

They have bicycles for rent ( two hours free per guest). I inquired in advance if they have bike seats for toddlers or the seats you tow behind and they said yes. But when we went to get our bikes we found out they don't. Our four year old was disappointed.

So, for the price we paid with the senior discount, it was fine. But I would have been very disappointed at full price.

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank AnneSchmitt
Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay. Our guests’ complete satisfaction is truly our ultimate goal. I am pleased to know you enjoyed some aspects of your time with us, including our relaxed and natural landscape as well as our pools and spa. It is, however, regrettable to learn of that your accommodations were not all that you had hoped for or if you encountered any disruption to your peace due to the sounds of other guests. Additionally, we must apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced regarding the hours of our Spa services. Our complimentary bike rental is very popular and we can understand how disappointing it can be if some items you had hoped for were not available. We are updating our bicycle equipment monthly and value your feedback. We will be certain to share your suggestions with our Management team so that we can offer the very best in all ways. It is our hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back.
Gharghur, Malta
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The spa and private pool are excellent, relaxing and full-service. A room-with-a-view was outstanding. Love the outdoor patio and fireplaces with a great glass of red. Very comfortable yet stylishly elegant. My go-to for R & R on Florida's northeast coast.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Thank you so much for sharing your review and appreciation for Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa. I am glad you enjoyed your relaxing getaway here with us. A pampering spa treatment and a dip in our pool sounds like the perfect way to unwind from the hustle and bustle of day to day life. We all look forward to your next escape to our resort.
Panora, Iowa
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I had booked a suite and we checked in. Very nice large suite that had it all plus some. As I sat relaxing form the day I could hear a tap tap tap noise above me. This went on for a while so I called the desk, Yes they are remodeling the suite above you. OK well this is a Saturday at 5 pm will it stop soon I ask. O yes they will be done soon. That didn't happen so I went up too see what was going on. I walked in and there was a room full of contractors working away. I get it they have too get the suite fixed but what I also get is that I don't want to pay too live in a construction site. No rooms too move me too I guess. Next morning same noise so we packed up and left. Front desk was pleasant and such but that's side point. They did credit me some of the cost of the room without asking and we moved on.

Room Tip: Unless you golf no reason too stay here. Nice hotel for a night
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions. I am thoroughly disappointed to read of your experience as this is certainly not something we would hope for any of our guests. I must apologize if outside of your guest room were of any disruption to your peace. Please know that our associates are always happy to help in any way they can and I regret that we were not given the opportunity to offer you accommodations that would have made you more comfortable. If you would like to discuss your stay in greater detail, we encourage you to reach out directly. Your comments are of value to us and we hope you will consider another stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ponte Vedra Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville /...
#2 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedr...
#3 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!