“This is the "only" hotel to consider”

Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa
Reviewed March 17, 2014

If you stay anywhere else you made a mistake. From their oceanfront bar and grill to the Aqua Grill across the street, you won't find a better Marriott with as many options anywhere in the area. The new in hotel Starbucks and in-house restaurant are amazing.

Room Tip: Book early if you are staying in May around the PGA Tournament.
1  Thank Jonathan W
MarriottSawgrass, General Manager at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

We value your high compliments, thank you. It is always such a pleasure to read a review such as yours and to know that through our efforts, we have provided such a positive encounter for a valued guest. Fresh Starbucks and delicious dining are always such a welcome treat while traveling. I will be sure to share your glowing feedback with everyone here. It would be our pleasure to welcome you again to Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa.

There are newer reviews for Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Attended a business meeting at this hotel. Beautiful room in the hotel that faced the poolside. My initial room was in 1740 in one of the villas and when I checked in the room I realized that I shared a balcony with a larger room next to me and a smaller one on the other side of that one. The rooms had adjoining doors and I could hear the family, the kids and the tv coming thru walls and the door. I called the front desk and they hooked me up with a room in the hotel. Nice pool area, beautiful grounds. Go the golf course clubhouse and have lunch or grab a drink on the veranda. Definitely worth a look over the 18th fairway.

Room Tip: Villas would be great for families and groups.
1  Thank Dave Y

Thank you for sharing your impressions of Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa. Enjoying a comfortable place to rest while traveling is always so important. It is our staff's ultimate goal to provide impeccable service and they will appreciate your acknowledging their efforts, particularly as they were able to provide you with the guest accommodations that made you most comfortable. I am so glad you found our public areas and pool to be so nice. Whether your next trip is business or pleasure, we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

great facelift and new additions.....good golf, beach club and still friendly.....complimentary golf cart shuttle to club house is great addition....complimentary in room wi-fi and self parking make stay enjoyable....

Room Tip: main building, over looking lagoon....
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
MarriottSawgrass, General Manager at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa. I am so glad to know you appreciated all of the exciting changes and upgrades we have recently made to our entire property. Our TPC Connection Cart Path service to the Club is always so welcome. I do hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

From the moment we arrived till we left it was absolutely perfect cant fault it & would stay there again in a heartbeat location was exactly where we wanted it to be great restaurants in walking distance or a short taxi ride

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your perfect review! I am so glad your time with us at the Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa was so exceptional and that our location was just right for your visit to the area. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again.

Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

The staff were more than hospitable and gracious. Helped me out with a loaner charger for my phone and coupons for free drinks at the pub. The room was well accommodated with very comfortable beds. The only reason I'm giving four stars is the constant gurgling coming from the plumbing. They must have a vent pipe blocked as it was venting back into our room. No smell just noise all night.

Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for letting us know about your stay at the Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa. Knowing that you found our resort to be so elegant is a huge compliment. I am truly pleased by the comments you have shared about our associates as they genuinely do all they can to ensure that each guests’ encounter is personal. We can understand how easy it is to leave things behind when leaving home and it is great to know you appreciated the use of a spare phone charger. I must apologize, however, for any sounds that may have disrupted your peace and will be certain that our maintenance associates are made aware of what you have shared here. I hope you will join us again for another great stay soon.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I stayed here for a conference and only for one night. Upon arrival, it was evident that the staff was very professional, pleasant and well trained. We found the facilities to be very good and effective in running our meeting. The guest rooms are clean and while they may be somewhat dated, it was still a pleasant stay.

1  Thank Dave46439

Thank you for sharing your review of the time you have spent with us at the Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa. I am happy that you enjoyed such a memorable encounter overall and that our associates played such an important role in your positive conference experience. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Having recently retired with 38 years in the hotel business, I tend to be a bit critical when staying at hotels and eating in restaurants. My wife and I had a comfortable and relaxing three night stay. The check in experience was quick and the clerk, Nicole, was detailed and courteous with a genuine smile welcoming us!! The hotel had gone through a recent renovation so everything was current, new, and clean!! The lobby, lobby bar, Alice and Pete's Pub were all designed to give a comfortable almost home feeling. The community seating areas to the outside sofas and fire pits were comfy and inviting. Our room was spotless and clean as we needed it. The new TV's had not arrived to our floor. As we had difficulties with the channels, an engineer arrived immediately and corrected the issue. He was professional and very courteous!!! We used the workout room and pool areas were both were clean, well maintained...the workout equipment was all working!! We had dinner in Alice and Pete's...sat at the bar and had great appetizers and sandwiches. Hot food was served Hot and cold food was served Cold!!! We told the bartender we wanted to split a cheesehamburger. He said great... it was served cut on two warm plates with two full baskets of hot waffle french fries...yummy and a sweet gherkin pickle...Perfect!!! The servers in Starbucks were all very expedient and courteous all weekend....very well trained!!! We had express checkout...the bill was on our door knob...correct and as we whisked by the front desk I just dropped off the keys and we were gone. If I traveled to Jacksonville on business I'd stay there as the outlets cater to business traveler's...pool table and community seating in the bar and lobby areas. Even if I lived in the area, I'd frequent the bars and restaurants, as the prices are reasonable and the menus current. Vernon's restaurant looked inviting as well...it was very busy at breakfast and in the evenings. We'll be back for sure!!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms over looking the lake and pools...there great. We kept the glass door open at nit...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for providing such a comprehensive review of the Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa. It is a pleasure to know that we exceeded your expectations and provided you with such a memorable getaway. I believe it is the culmination of all of the individual experiences that makes for such a wonderful overall encounter and I am so happy you found so many positives to your stay. From our comfortable public areas to the delicious dining you and your wife enjoyed at Alice & Pete’s. Your review is greatly appreciated and we hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ponte Vedra Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville /...
#2 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedr...
#3 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!