We stayed in one of the villas in building 1200 overlooking a small body of water, the Villas as with the hotel are newly remodeled. The villas themselves had nice décor and nice TVs. The kitchenette could probably be put to better use as you only have a small mini fridge and a microwave oven, no plates or utensils were in the unit.
The villas are a small walk to the hotel, if you are traveling with someone who doesn’t get around well, then this walk will be a bit too much IMO. The good thing about it is the hotel provides free shuttle to/from the villas, golf courses, hotel as well as to the beach club that they are affiliated with. The people at the hotel are extremely polite and helpful. They have a Starbucks right on site near the lobby, as well as a Pub called Alice & Pete’s where you can get things like burgers and salads and of course beer/cocktails, they have another restaurant called Vernon’s where they serve both breakfast and dinner, I didn’t eat dinner there as it was valentines weekend but I heard it was a little pricey but good, I did however eat the breakfast which was buffet in nature with an omelet station. The omelet chef was very nice and professional! If you venture out try the Aqua Grill it is a must for great seafood and steaks, the Marriott will shuttle you there and back upon request. If you have kids like I do who are always Hungary Al’s pizza delivers right to your door and I found them to be good.
Last, I am Marriott Vacation Club member so if you are accustomed to those villas this will not quite be up to that standard(smaller, less amenities) but for me for a quick getaway it was perfect.
I will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the newly renovated Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, we provide guests all the elements for a winning stay. Accommodations range from newly refreshed guest rooms, to Premium Service Wing rooms and suites and spacious Villas with kitchenettes and patios, located in two-story buildings clustered around scenic lagoons. A spa, four pools and a variety of indoor and outdoor dining options offer choices for relaxing, indulging and mingling. Privileged access to iconic golf at the adjacent TPC® Sawgrass and to our recently renovated private Cabana Beach Club with dining overlooking the Atlantic ocean are each a quick, complimentary shuttle ride. Groups appreciate the convenience of over 61,000 sq. ft. of flexible indoor and outdoor event space, including an exhibit area, 2,500-person capacity ballroom, private beach venue and over 36 meeting rooms. Genuinely warm hospitality, a casual ambience and pleasant weather year-round await at our beautiful 65-acre resort, just 30 minutes from Jacksonville airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Marriott, Hotels.com, Priceline, Jetsetter, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sawgrass Marriott Golf Hotel Ponte Vedra Beach
- Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort And Spa
- Marriott Ponte Vedra Beach
- Marriott Hotel Sawgrass