“Angela was awesome!”

Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Angela was awesome!”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and Angela set the tone for our visit when we checked in to the resort. She was professional, efficient, knowledgeable and was able to accommodate all of our requests, helping to make our stay exceed our expectations! We will be back for sure!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
MarriottSawgrass, General Manager at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your stay at the Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa. First impressions can be so important and I am thrilled that yours was such a positive and memorable encounter. It is great to know that we exceeded your expectations on every level and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Tom Manno

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Hillsdale, New Jersey
Reviewed January 19, 2014

From getting out of the car (a warm welcome from the valet guys) to the front desk personnel, it was clear that their patrons take top priority. Totally accommodating from start to finish. Room was furnished well enough and quiet. Had a great view of the lagoon. Adolf was particularly helpful in steering us to a good seafood restaurant. The only negative was the repairs being made to the floor by the elevators.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
MarriottSawgrass, General Manager at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for your words of praise for your stay at the Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa. Our guests are definitely our top priority here and it is wonderful to know that the efforts we make have not gone unnoticed. I am truly happy that you enjoyed such a positive and memorable experience and found our accommodations to be so peaceful. I do apologize if you were inconvenienced by any repairs that were taking place during your visit, however, and hope that it did not impact your stay too greatly. We hope you will stay with us again.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I stayed with my family two nights over the holiday season during an overnight stop on our road trip from FL to NC. I have stayed here often for business and was able to bring my family this time around. We had a nice room and went right over for a meal at the golf club. It was a festive atmosphere and we had a nice time watching the golfers come in after a day on the course. It was nice to see the Christmas trees decorated in different themes and there was a nice flyer explaining this. Many may not realize that there are story tellers waiting to take you on a tour of a few of the famous golf holes and the clubhouse that is very enjoyable.
The highlight of our stay this time was being able to meet the Executive Chef and take a tour of the kitchen. Our family of foodies loved being able to see some of the "behind the scenes" areas where they efficiently serve so many guests, employees and banquet event goers. It is rally impressive, as is the result of the recent "refresh". We felt so lucky to be treated to such a special tour! I have to thank Chef Matt for arranging it for us. Sawgrass Marriott is so lucky to have him, as he is an excellent ambassador and probably the friendliest and most sincere person you would ever meet. One evening, a staff member was letting kids decorate cookies in the lobby which was a fun activity for our son. Thanks so much for the special attention. My family really enjoyed it and of course, we will be back ASAP.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank wellsdp
Thank you so much for sharing the holiday season with us at the Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa. I couldn’t be happier to learn of your family’s stay and all that you were able to enjoy while visiting. All of the special touches of the holidays are designed to make our guests right at home. A behind the scenes tour of our restaurant is always such an incredible experience and most certainly a foodie’s dream come true. I will be sure to share your kind words with our associates, particularly those you have mentioned by name. Our renovations are truly exciting and I am happy that our guests can share in all that we have added and updated. It would be our pleasure to welcome you all back again and we hope it is soon.

Greenwell Springs, Louisiana
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed during Christmas and had a late arrival. The hotel was decorated very pretty and the grounds were very festive with changing lights on a waterfall, outdoor fire pit, large Christmas tree. The next morning we rode our bicycles to the Sawgrass Course. One of the volunteers drove us around in a goof cart and showed us the PGA course. It was beautiful. Great hospitality at the hotel and the course. I want to go back during the summer.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your holiday experience with us at the Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay. The season is very special to us and we love to decorate to reflect that. A tour of TPC Sawgrass can be such an interesting way to gain some history of the course. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back this summer to take advantage of even more of what we have to offer.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This hotel is truly a 4 star property. The staff is wonderful, they have the attitude of trying to find a way to solve any problems, you are always greeted by staff and asked if they can help. I am always curious how I will be treated when I have used priceline, but the check in clerk treated me the same as the gentleman checking in next to me who was a high level loyalty customer. I received the room location I requested, top floor away from the elevator.

I stayed in the main hotel, 7th floor, which has been remodeled. The room was very nicely done, and was large and bright. There is a sliding glass door to a juliet balcony, comfortable reading chair with good light, large flat screen tv, refrigerator and coffee pot in an alcove, & huge closet with robes. In the desk there was something I haven't seen yet, a large horizontal safe that would hold a 15" laptop or tablets. The bathroom is huge, with french doors, double sink vanity. The room was quiet, I didn't hear any noise, except with the balcony door open there was the soothing sound of a fountain.

My main complaint was with the parking situation, keeping me from giving a 5 star review. I had no problem self parking a little distance from the hotel lobby, but there is no dedicated parking for hotel guests. On Saturday there was a very large event in the convention center so when I came back at 2PM there was no parking, cars were parked in the fire lanes, on the grass. After circling a few times I saw a security guard and asked him where to park. He directed me to the garage, which was being used for valet parking (at a large fee), but when the attendant saw my parking pass he told me to go ahead and park, but I'd need to move my car by 6PM, which I did. The layout of the parking lot would easily allow one section to be closed off with access only with room keys, so guests would have a place to park when events are going on.

I do not like the policy of required "resort fees" to use hotel amenities, in this case it was $22/day, The fee is disclosed on their web site and at check in. The fee included self parking, internet, 2 bottles of water, an appetizer from the lobby bar (that is almost enough for a meal) and access to the ocean front Cabana Club, which you can drive to or take the shuttle. The cabana club might be nice in warm weather, but in the winter there is no inside sitting area if you just want to sit and look at the ocean. They could block off part of the 2nd floor to allow for that, or close in one of the outside areas. I just looked around and left, too cold.

I'm not a golfer, which of course is the primary purpose of this resort, but I did enjoy the beautiful landscaping. There are few reasonably priced restaurants close by, but there is a grocery store close by.

There is still major renovations in the villa section, so I'd be hesitant about staying there.

Room Tip: rooms overlooking lobby or swimming pool might be noisier
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Slotmachinequeen
Thank you for providing your detailed feedback of your stay with us at the Sawgrass Marriot Golf Resort & Spa. We value all of our guests and it is wonderful to know you appreciated our hospitality. I am glad you enjoyed so many things about your stay with us from your renovated guest room accommodations to the beautiful grounds. Our name is certainly synonymous with amazing golf as TPC Sawgrass is adjacent to our property yet we certainly have many activities for our guests to enjoy from our pools, fitness center, spa and more. It is regrettable if you were in any way inconvenienced while parking during a busy time at our resort. Please know that our valet would be more than happy to help secure a parking spot for you. Our resort charge does entitle guests to a multitude of amenities, but I do apologize if you were not impressed. I do hope that if there is anything else you would like discuss about your stay you will feel free to reach out directly. It is our hope that you come again.

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed January 13, 2014

The Marriott Sawgrass hotel was fantastic! We stayed in a Tower Resort room which had 2 double beds and was very clean, comfortable. The bathrooms had plenty of space (two sinks) and the shower pressure was great as well! The hotel staff couldn't have been any nicer! They greeted us each morning and were there to help with any questions, etc. we had.

We were in town to play TPC Sawgrass (Stadium Course) and I couldn't imagine staying in a place better than Sawgrass Marriott. From the location of this hotel to the golf course (only a couple of minutes), to being able to store your clubs with the hotel, and the shuttle service to/from the hotel to the TPC Sawgrass makes staying at the Sawgrass Marriott a no brainer. After our rd of golf, we decided to go back to TPC Stadium course for dinner and once we were finished, we just called the hotel and the shuttle bus was there to pick us up within 5 minutes.

The only negative I could say about this hotel was that if you do not valet your car, the distance from the parking lot to the hotel is a little further than most. To me, this wasn't an issue at all, but to some, it could be and if so, valet your car.

This is my first time submitting a review after years of reading what others had to say. I travel a decent amount (work/pleasure) and I value true/realistic reviews. There is no doubt that when I come back to play TPC Sawgrass (hopefully soon), that I will be staying at the Sawgrass Marriott!

Room Tip: Stayed on the ground floor and had no issues with noise, etc.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback of the Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa. It is great to know that your visit inspired your positive comments. Our hotel is located adjacent to the legendary TPC Sawgrass and offers the perfect golfing escape, as well as luxurious and comfortable accommodations. I am so happy your entire experience was so positive. Please know that our parking is situated to leave as much of the natural beauty of the area surrounding our resort for our guests to enjoy. Alternatively, our valet is available, but I do apologize if you were inconvenienced in any way. We all look forward to welcoming you back again for another great stay.

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed January 10, 2014

The Marriott Sawgrass is a golfer's dream. The course is great and the hotel is equally top-notch.

We had a comfortable room (typically Marriott furnishing) - two queen beds and enjoyed the pool area. The children were entertained and later that night we went to dinner and enjoyed the off-site beachside area/restaurant.

This is a great value to see the Ponte Vedra Beach area - provides reliable, comfortable and luxury accommodations at the Marriott price.

I would highly recommend. Gift shop is great - had a few items I forgot and they covered me.

Publix/grocery nearby - very convenient access.

Room Tip: Stayed near elevator with two queen beds.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Christa S
MarriottSawgrass, General Manager at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for your words of praise and recommendation of the Sawgrass Marriot Golf Resort & Spa. For golf aficionados, a stay here is absolutely a dream come true and I am so happy you agree. Whether it is a great golf experience you are after, or fun activities for the entire family, we have something for every member of the group. Our on-site services and amenities are perfect for anything you may have forgotten and our location is convenient to so much in the area. I am so glad your family enjoyed their stay with us and I hope you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ponte Vedra Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville /...
#2 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedr...
#3 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!