“Fantastic hotel at the beach!!”

Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I have been to the Sawgrass Marriott a few times. I love the new entrance after the refresh. It feels very tropical and the downstairs bar is great for late night. The rooms are not huge but have good amenities and are perfect for a relaxing stay. I lost a piece of jewelry under the refrigerator and the hotel management sent a person up within minutes carrying a flashlight.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ckamlet
MarriottSawgrass, General Manager at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review of the Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated the many updates that have been made through our ReFresh program. Our associates love to provide attention and personalized treatment at every level and it is great to know that your lost jewelry was located so quickly. Everyone will be anxiously awaiting your return, as it will be our pleasure to welcome you back.

There are newer reviews for Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a weekend conference. Some things to note - there are rooms in the main hotel and then there are rooms in the "villas" which are a short walking distance away from the main hotel. The villas have rooms with and without kitchens and a living room/sitting area with a porch overlooking the lake (great views!). I stayed in a villa room. Renovation efforts are in process for the villas and I stayed in a building that has yet to have renovations. My room was old and had some issues, and because they are renovating them, I won't comment much on this. I did wish to be switched to a newer villa room or a main hotel room but these were unavailable. However, the front desk staff and front office manager were very understanding of my concerns about my room and their customer service made all the difference. In my book, this effort earns a 5/5. Looking back I would have no hesitation staying here again, only because their customer service was top notch.

Room Tip: Villas are nice and quiet with good peaceful views. However, request a renovated room, and for now...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to share details about your experience at the Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa. I am so glad you enjoyed your overall stay for your weekend conference and found the views of the Florida landscape to be so appealing from your villa accommodations. Providing memorable service is so important to all of our associates and I am happy you found ours to be, as you put it, top notch. We are indeed in the process of a full property-wide ReFresh, including our villas but I do apologize if you found your guest room to be lacking in any way. Please know that your opinions are very important to us and if you would like to discuss the particulars of your stay in greater detail, I can be reached directly. We all hope to see you again soon.

904-280-7000

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I spent five days at the Sawgrass Marriott and loved the hotel. In typical Marriott resort fashion, there is a wide open area below the lobby with a bar, comfortable chairs, and an outdoor seating area. It's a cozy, fun place to relax with a book or hang out with friends.

The rooms are terrific - very comfortable and very clean. And quiet. There was very little noise from outside the room.

Staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful.

On the downside, the choice of restaurants isn't really up to resort standards, although that may change with the current renovation. Breakfast was ridiculously expensive for the quality and the Starbucks was ridiculously understocked with muffins and such. Food quality and service in the restaurants is contained in separate reviews, but as a quick tip, try the lobby bar and not Alice's.

I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for sharing feedback of the time you spent with us at the Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa. I am so happy to know you enjoyed your five day stay as well as the beauty of our public areas and grounds. I do appreciate hearing that you found our associates to be so friendly and helpful as providing our very best is important to everyone here. As we continue on in our ReFresh program, our offerings will continue to increase but I do apologize if you found the dining choices not more to your liking. Your review is of great value to us and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stayed here for a business conference recently. I know this hotel is undergoing a major renovation, but unfortunately I had an old room. Perhaps most of my comments would shortly be rendered moot. So, moving beyond the general datedness of the room: It was noisy! I had one of the atrium rooms and the noise wafting up from the bar area kept me awake far longer than I wanted. The worst though was the bed - it was SUPER UNCOMFORTABLE. I never have an issue with hotel beds, until this place. I think the walls are pretty thin, as I heard my neighbor's phone vibrating on his/her desk all the time. Also, housekeeping wasn't the greatest. I went to make coffee and there was an old packet of used grounds left in the coffee maker. Gross.
On the plus side, the staff was very helpful, and my in-room dinner of half a chicken was excellent.
I'm not a golfer though, so I'd probably never stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't choose an atrium room - they catch the noise from below very easily.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
MarriottSawgrass, General Manager at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to detail your encounter. It is truly disappointing to learn of your stay. Please accept my deepest apologies if your experience was not excellent in all ways as what you have described is not what we would hope for any of our guests. Our associates strive to provide the very best in service to and it is disappointing to learn of any inconvenience you may have encountered or if there was anything amiss in your guest room or if the sounds from other guests was of disruption. We have a very strict housekeeping policy and I will be certain to share your feedback with all of our associates to ensure that the areas you have mentioned are at their best. We want nothing more than to provide a comfortable stay and I regret that this was not your experience. As you mentioned, we are in the process of a full property-wide ReFresh and I hope you will reconsider another visit to enjoy all that we have to offer. If you would like to discuss your encounter in greater detail, please reach out directly.

904-280-7000

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed they in October 2103 and the place was in great shape. The rooms where very nice and I had a great view of the pond and pool area. The patio was nice and I enjoyed cocktail overlooking the pond and I really like the lower lobby and bar. The golf course was down the street and plenty of bars, restruants, and a cigar lounge within 5 minutes from the hotel. This is a great place to hang out with some buddies or you spouse, but not so much for the kids. I will make it a point to return on my next trip if possible.

Room Tip: Try and get a room overlooking the pool or pond.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. It is always a pleasure to welcome our guests to the Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa. I am truly grateful that you've reached out and shared your positive thoughts and impressions with us. From our well-appointed guest rooms to our public spaces, it is rewarding to know that you are happy with so many aspects of our property not to mention the attractions you have highlighted in the surrounding area. Our resort has many activities for all of our guests to enjoy whether visiting with family or just a couples only escape from our outdoor pools, miniature gold course,bicycle rental and more. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

During a golf outing, 4 of us stayed at the Marriott Sawgrass for one night.

As you enter, this is a very beautiful resort that is well landscaped and appointed. The view through the rear of the all glass back of the hotel is stunning. The restaurant is also very nice as is the lower lobby and bar area.

That being said, the room was very average. Not bad, but average for such a fine resort. The room had all the conveniences and the staff was very helpful.

I would stay here again for a promotion, but may shop a little next time. I rate this property as very good because it is close and because the lobby area is totally cool.

Room Tip: As always, the top floor at the end of the hall is most private and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
MarriottSawgrass, General Manager at Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you for sharing your review of the Sawgrass Mariott Golf Resort & Spa. Golfing at TPC Sawgrass is an incredible experience for golf aficionados and it is wonderful to know you enjoyed your overall stay with us. Our public areas are stunning and I appreciate hearing your thoughts however it is disappointing that you were not as completely impressed with your guest room. We offer several different room styles and our associates are always happy to help guests to find the one that best suits their needs. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed here in July for 1 night for a business trip. The hotel was currently under a huge renovation so some of the ammenities were not available. They could be completed by now, but I can't recall the completion dates. I didn't mind because my time to spend at the resort was limited. The room assigned to me was recently updated and very nice. No compliants here! Took advantage of the shuttle service to the beach/beach house and it was very nice! I recommend making a stop at the beach if you can. There is a happy hour there too! : )

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing such positive feedback about your stay at the Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa. I am so pleased to know that you found your visit with us to be so positive. As you mentioned, we are in the process of a property-wide ReFresh to update all areas and it is wonderful to know that you found your guest room upgrades to be pleasant. When you are ready to enjoy the sand and surf, our private Cabana Beach Club is just a short, complimentary shuttle ride away. We hope to welcome you back again to see all of the continued exciting changes.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ponte Vedra Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville /...
#2 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedr...
#3 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!