“The perfect setting with impeccable service.”

Ponte Vedra Inn & Club
Reviewed March 5, 2009

Our trip was dual purpose to meet the newest family member, 3 week old baby boy, and celebrate the matriachs 90th birthday. We stayed in the historic inn building of the property, the rooms are beautiful and well appointed. We had adjoining rooms, 364 is quite spacious and easily accomodates a wheelchair, the beds are very comfortable, and the room has a pleasant sitting area which made this room our gathering place. The rooms are well supplied. The wet bar had wine glasses, wine opener, candle, matches, can/bottle opener, coffee maker, coffee, mugs, and paper cups. The bathroom (364) had a walk in shower (363) had a jacuzzi and were stocked with plenty of towels, soap, shampoo, conditioner, liquid soap, skin lotion, shower cap, sewing kit and tv. Fold down service consisted of fresh towels, tomorrows itinerary, room service menu, and mint. When we woke the USA Today was hung on the door. If you are considering this location for a family gathering I highly recommend it. There are several comfortable areas to sit both indoors and out, a courtyard on the second floor is walled and has a fountain, there is another one flight up with an outdoor fireplace, the great room is flanked by large fireplaces and offers cushy seating and a spot for backgammon and the boys found the club bar with pool table their spot at night.
The true high point of PV Inn is the service it is both professional and personable and never insincere. All staff valet; bellmen; housekeeping; dining room and bar were very good. The front desk was good enough to open a shop after hours to get some antacid, that's service. Kudos to Liz (breakfast waitress), who was gracious, extremely accommodating and a great person to start the day; Becky (front desk) was a pleasure from the quick check in to the equally quick check out and all the time inbetween; Jennifer at The Seahorse provided excellent service and never showed strain when we may have nonintentionally ignored her. The weather was unseasonably cold so we did not make use of the 4 heated pools, beach, raquet courts or golf...fortunately that gives more reasons to return. The inn is less than an hour to St Augustine and a bit longer to Amelia Island, good day trips. We were all happy with meals at the Inn and I would highly recommend The Aqua Grill at Sawgrass Village just 10 minutes away. Target, Publix, ABC and CVS are all nearby.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank JDLowell

Reviewed November 17, 2008

Think Kellerman's (of Dirty Dancing fame) meets Desperate Housewives, and you'll have a pretty good idea of what it's like to spend an evening at the Ponte Vedra Inn & Club.

Levity aside, though, Ponte Vedra is great for what it is: upmarket, steadfastly *not* trendy, catering to a mature, monied clientele that expects to be pampered, not challenged. Everything (rooms, food) is high in quality, but seldom ventures far from the traditional. Nevertheless, apart from the stern matron who presides over the dining room, the service is by and large friendly and unpretentious.

Enjoy morning walks on the gorgeous beach and a nightcap in the friendly, intimate lounge with a full-sized pool table. Expect the usual resort extortion fees and try not to look too shocked when you pay $9 for a small black coffee and a yogurt in the cafe.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Burlingtonienne
Reviewed October 21, 2008

Just returned from a brief stay at the Ponte Vedra Inn & Club. Our room was right on the ocean and had a wonderful view. The room had a musty smell to it and was a handicap room, but the location couldn't be beat.

The food we ate at the resort was just ok and they had no vegetarian options, which was a problem for us. However, the homemade pistachio ice cream at the coffee shop in the lobby was excellent!

I had a manicure, pedicure and massage at the spa. The spa facility is above average with nice amenities. My manicure and pedicure were lovely, but the massage was lacking. I could feel the tech's long nails and the pressure was too light despite my request for more pressure. Although imperfect, the massage was certainly not the worst massage I've received (the worst being at the spa at the Monte Carlo in Las Vegas).

Overall, I certainly would consider returning to Ponte Vedra Inn & Club. If you get a non-handicap beach facing room you're in for a treat!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Alias_Name
Reviewed October 11, 2008

This place is the true essence of southern hospitality. From the cute little shops to the restaurants everyone was so friendly. The asssistant GM - Shaun went above and beyond to make sure that everyone was well taken care of! I would recommend this to anyone. Although they don't have a lot of children's activities, they have a great activity center that is well supervised with really nice people! My favorite thing was watching the seahorses in the aquarium during dinner. Such a nice touch!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank MovnCrossCountry
Reviewed July 21, 2008

We stayed at the PVI in mid-July. We went as a "gift" from my husband's work because honestly, we can't afford to spend that much per night on a hotel.

I'd heard great things about the Inn because I used to have a lot of clients in Jacksonville Beach and Ponte Vedra. We knew it was a 5-star/diamond resort, so we thought that since we were given a trip as a gift, we'd try it out.

We went on Fri.-Sun. It was very quiet on Fri., but was very busy on Sat. & Sun.

First of all, do not go there unless you can afford it. The rooms and service are worth what they charge, but everything is very pricey, so beware! You are at a 5-star resort! You do not want to stay here for a week if you are average Joe going on vacation. For example, they tack on the 18% gratuity to food, your nightly room cost, etc. It's a nice service, but know this ahead of time.

We went with myself, my husband and our 2-year old. We got an Oceanside room so we could at least see some of the ocean from the room. This was the least expensive room choice with an ocean view. The Inn has rooms that "face" the ocean, but I doubt you can see much of it. I really wanted a room with a balcony, even if it faced the golf course, so that we could put our son to bed at night and hang out on the balcony, but I lost on that one.

Some of the more pricey rooms have refrigerators with the wet bar. If you can, get one of these rooms! If not, bring a large cooler with you. They have ice, which is actually free to guests. I say this because there are only a few restaurant and food choices on site and you'll wear yourself out on them. Not to mention they're very pricey. I had a cheese quesadilla at lunch one day at the beachside diner and it was $16! I knew to expect this from a 5-star resort, but still.

I suggest the cooler or fridge because you can always eat lunch on-site a couple of days and go get sandwich goodies from the Publix down the street for lunch on other days.

Breakfast options include a buffet at around $20/per person (before the $5 OJ), a little gourmet shop that has some pastries and muffins (and a Starbuck's) and the same place with the buffet has an a-la-carte menu, with breakfast options starting around $15.

The only other place we ate on-site was the Seahorse Grille. It was absolutely delicious and there is a great fish tank in there that kids love to look at. Again -- pricey. Expect to pay $28-35/per person, plus drinks.

The beach is wonderful there, but they actually charge $15/day to rent beach chairs, which I think is ridiculous. You would think they'd be complimentary to guests.
Again, bring your own chair. Plenty of people do.

There is a great pool with a slide for kids. The baby pool is great too.
There is an adult-only pool behind the beachside bar, which I could see being great.

Also know that you must show your guest card every time you buy food, drinks, etc. So know that whatever credit card you booked with, all of your other resort charges (other than the gift shops), will go on that card. Food, drinks, etc. There is no other choice. This is how they verify you are indeed a guest or "member" there because this is not a gated resort.

My other advice, besides stocking up on your own snacks and drinks, is to note that there is no elevator in the beach side of the resort. If you get a 2nd floor room, you have to tote all your stuff up the stairs. Wish I had thought of that when I booked. When you have a child, it gets tedious trecking up and down stairs.

Overall we had a great time. We live near the beach at home, but it's nice to be able to see something different and go into your room for a mid-afternoon nap.

HIGHLY recommend for couples wanting a romantic getaway or a short vacation for people with kids.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank amytap
Reviewed June 26, 2008

We went last June for my husband seminar and we loved it..The food is so good and the room is clean...I love the view on the beach from my room...though it is not that accesible for some disabled people because theres no elevator in where we stay in.There's 3 swimming pool...My little girl love the family pool and the beach..there's always a lifeguard who's watching you...i just hope that the sand is more finer,theres a lot of shell that my daughter almost have some scracth on her legs and feet...the parking is good consider that they really have a big expanded hotel...or lodge and inn as they say..

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2008

We stayed on the top floor of the Inn. It is across the street from the beach, but does have an ocean view. We saved $ by staying there and the room was very nice. I would suggest (if possible) leave the kids at home. There is not a lot for the kids to do other than the beach and one pool. For a couple, it is a nice place with the gym and tennis. They do nickel and dime you on rentals (beach chairs, bikes etc.) We didn't eat dinner at the inn, there are many nice places within a few miles. The Italian place (forgot the name) a few miles south is excellent and a good value. Overall a very nice place to stay. Keep in mind it is also a club, so there are lots of locals dining (older folks). Lots of locals at the gym, too. We would go back.

• Stayed: April 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ponte Vedra Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedr...
#3 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville /...
#2 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Ponte Vedra Inn & Club? Share your experiences!