“Great Stay”

Ponte Vedra Inn & Club
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We went to Ponte Vedra for a Company Christmas Party. Our room was spacious and nice. Even though it was near the elevator it was QUIET!
We had breakfast/lunch at the resort the next morning and the breakfast was excellent! I would recommend the Mexican Frittata (or named something like that) or the Eggs Benedict.
The Hotel wasn't on the ocean but you could see it across the street and through the homes from our window..(I don't know that you would even want to be on the beach--it was very windy in December.)
The hotel has several levels and floors - some rooms you have to access by going outside from the second or third floor. Those rooms sort of have a more private sitting or sunning area out there but I don't think I would want to stay in a room that you had to go up an elevator and then back outside to reach. (Everything was nice so that wouldn't be the issue--just my personal preference. Some days would be VERY warm going in and out; other days it would be windy and COLD and it RAINS even in Florida! - a bit odd layout.)
Everything was very nice.
We would return but ask where our room was to be located!

Room Tip: Ask if you have to go up an elevator and then back outside to reach your room - there are some that...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 4, 2014

My wife surprised me with a trip to the Gator/TaxSlayer.com Bowl as my Christmas present. She made arrangements for us to stay at the Ponte Vedra Inn & Club. Excellent choice! The proximity to Jacksonville was just right. We took a day trip to St. Augustine, something we will pass on next time. The service at the hotel was outstanding. From Housekeepers to the Owner said hello to us as we walked the historic property. Certainly a great way to spend New Year's with my wife. I wish we lived closer so we could join the club!

Room Tip: Ask for the a beach view in the Georgia section.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Had a nice room facing directly onto the beach with a mini kitchen. Rooms are pretty dark and the entrance faces right into a parking lot which gives the hotel a "motel" feel. There is not a ton of privacy and the beach and surrounding area is fairly busy. This is not a romantic getaway spot for sure. But for families there is a good pool with a small water slide, and several places to eat and drink. I've stayed here a few times. It is well located but the rooms on the ocean side take a lot of wear and tear, and they are nothing special.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TOWestonCT
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Wow! As you pull up the drive to the porte cochere, this is the word you will utter. The feel of opulence is in the air. Yet, when greeted by the front door person, it's anything but pretentious. This is a great excursion into escape-real-world-enter-paradise!

The minute after stepping out of my cab, I was not only greeted, but escorted to the front desk. Very personable welcome and check in (aka "...you had me at hello" to be cliché). The customer service is impeccable. After check in, I was whisked away in the oversized golf cart to my room – again excellent customer service. Key into the door slot, open door, and…

Enter paradise.

I was in a regular room, facing the ocean - and WOW again! It was almost too much perfect within my first 15 minutes, but took it all in very well! Immaculately done and great beach front feel with pleasant surroundings. A room facing the ocean is a must if you can. Words cannot describe the calmness, sound of the ocean throughout the day, to just remind you - again - you're in paradise.

The food IS EXCELLENT. Wherever you go, it's good. Must check out the off lobby game room, nice feel and great game of pool to be had. Speaking of pool - HEATED OUTDOORS! Yes, it's like bath water. The fitness center is AWESOME! Both open up at 5am so there is no excuse not to go. Did I mention the pool was heated? And don't forget the whirlpool.

Now, back to the room. Within 40 minutes upon arrival, I phoned my wife and said we must do our 20th wedding anniversary here in 2014. Because that's what you do when you want paradise - you go there! Great job Ponte Vedra!

Room Tip: Get the ocean view room - don't even think twice about it!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BurtB312
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed here for a night to take advantage of their fall season special. That $120 per person with unlimited golf was an incredible value. We loved staying in the Island House on the golf course. The rooms are top notch. The staff in every part of the resort was second to none. We loved playing both golf courses. The Seahorse Grille was an incredible restaurant also.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tracy B
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed here for the Ga / Fla game. We had a first floor room which lead right out to the beach which was perfect to listen to the waves and enjoy the view. The room was very spacious and clean. Housekeeping did a great job and we enjoyed the turn down service in the evenings. Lots of things to do here as well. Can't wait to get back there next year!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Eagle1989
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I was really impressed with this hotel. The hotel is well located on the ocean. The rooms were large and directly looking out over the ocean. The pool area was to die for. My partner loved the spa. I played golf on the Ocean course, which while not having any ocean views, is still a nice course. My breakfast and lunch were good. I really thought this was an ideal setting for a beach vacation and I will be back for sure.

Room Tip: I would suggest asking for a room in the building that is farthest south...I think it has been most...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank avidgolfer2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ponte Vedra Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedr...
#3 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville /...
#2 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Ponte Vedra Inn & Club? Share your experiences!