“Beautiful property, very nice rooms.”

Ponte Vedra Inn & Club
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed here for a conference. The room was very nice, comfortable, and exactly what you'd expect from a resort. The staff were very professional and courteous. Didn't get much of a chance to check out the beach, but it sure did look inviting. Definitely going to bring my wife next time...maybe the kids, unless we can get a sitter!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank hydrogeo99

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed for a night with my husband recently. First the pros: amazing couples massage at the nearby spa and an absolutely beautiful oceanfront location, turndown service was nice and the valet staff were terrific. The cons: the room (426) is looking a bit worn and tired. Carpet had some stains, curtain had a rip in it, if you sit on window seat and look up, there are plentiful cobwebs. However, the biggest problem happened in the morning. When I made the reservation and during check-in, I SPECIFICALLY asked for a room that would be quiet. At 8:00am we are awakened by a very loud continuous noise. Turns out they decided to power wash the building near our room. At 8:30, I call guest relations to inquire and no apology--just a comment that she'll page maintenance. At 9:00, the landscapers decide to mow and edge right outside our balcony. And the power washing is STILL going on. Another call to guest relations and still not helpful and this time not so nice either. She kept telling me it's their "best" room. I couldn't care less if I can't sleep in it! We mentioned all this at check out and were just told they were sorry. For $370 a night, I should be able to sleep past 8:00 when I specifically asked for quiet ahead of time and once the noise began. We tried to not let it dampen our experience, but the response from guest relations was very underwhelming. Disappointing.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank gibster1
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We were In town for the Georgia- Florida football game, as guests of a vendor. We were Impressed from the moment we walked in. Gorgeous, well manicured property. Staff was professional and extremely accommodating. The room was beautiful, the bed comfortable. The ocean front view from the balcony was amazing. The room was very spacious, as was the bathroom. Robes and slippers were also provided. The room was very quiet; we had a great night's rest. We stayed at the furthest ocean front building , and found the walk to the main building to be a non-issue. Wished we would have brought the clubs, as the course looked like it was in fantastic shape. We will definitely keep this resort on our vacation list.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank AM S
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Ponte Vedra Inn & Club is a true gem! First class all the way! The location of this resort couldn't be any better. It's tucked in an up-scale neighborhood with what appears to be no commercial buildings in sight. A real pleasant feel to it all. With that being said, A1A is just a few minute drive from the location so you have easy access to get to stores, restaurants etc., etc. We had a room on the beach that was magnificent. The room itself is plenty big, complete with a kitchen size table and chairs, wet bar (with mini fridge, glasses, mugs, some utensils and microwave) and a stunning view not to mention, very clean. The bathroom is plenty big with a large walk-in shower that almost has a spa like feel to it and again, very clean. The patio has a couple chairs and a small table, perfect for having your morning coffee. The golf courses are beautiful and well groomed as well as the entire grounds. The entire staff is attentive, prompt and most of all, very courteous. If you have the opportunity to stay here, I would highly recommend it, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Whitey710
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stayed here for a convention. It's a large resort with one of the building being over 3 stories high. It can be quite a walk from building to building and the spa can be pretty far away from some of the rooms. I stayed in one of the rooms right on the beach. It's hard to get much closer at any resort. The rooms are huge, but they are also pretty drak. Instead of a sliding glass door you usually see leading out to the beach, you have a window and then a regular door. Because the room is so long, the room tends to be dark with only the window for light, but I've stayed in very few rooms that are bigger. My room had regular shower and tub but I heard some rooms have soaker tubs so you may want to ask. Rooms was nicely decorated and seemed clean and kept up well. All room so open to outside rather than interior corridor like most newer hotels but that way they all have ocean view. Coffee shop in morning had good selection and not too busy. Nice selection of other shops as well including a shop specializing in kids merchandise. We never left the resort so I don't know what else is around but resort has most everything you need, including kids program. We were there in September and the resort was not crowded at all. Beach has amazing shells but is still soft to walk on. Both pools were great and kept up well.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cbtren05
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I was recently in Jacksonville for a conference that was taking place at the Sawgrass Marriott. Sadly, the Marriott overbooked (there was a large wedding taking place that same weekend) and moved some of the conference attendees over to the Ponte Vedra Inn (at their cost! Thanks, Marriott!). Marriott apologized for the inconvenience, but I would say that this was a "wonderful inconvenience!" We were at the Ponte Vedra for one evening--and if I had my choice, I would have gone back to the Ponte Vedra in a heartbeat!

Here are the pros and cons:

PRO:
On the ocean: even if you are in the hotel (not in the ocean side rooms), you have access to the beach. I arrived on a Saturday afternoon in mid-October and the beach was not crowded at all. In fact, hardly anyone was there!

Ocean front rooms were spacious, tidy and "fresh": i've read reviews saying that the rooms smelled "moldy". I didn't have that experience. But let's face it--you're on the beach....with ocean air....it is going to smell like the "beach" not green-tea-and-white-flower. But for this midwest girl....I'll take the beach in October!

Fridge, microwave & wet bar in the ocean front rooms: this was a nice touch! Especially for the bottled water I was provided.

Turn down service: I wasn't expecting this (I'm not a "regular 5-star hotel patron"), and it was lovely! They even filled the ice bucket, laid out a small towel to place my sandy flip-flops, etc.

Staff were gracious: Everyone I met from the front desk staff to the bellmen--everyone was polite, accommodating and helpful. The Bellman took me to my room in a fun little golf cart and helped me with my bags.

Replaced my AC unit!: I noticed my AC unit wasn't kicking out cool air. I called the front desk, thinking that maybe I had something switched that shouldn't be. One of the maintenance staff came by, checked the unit, determined that it wasn't working properly and 20 minutes later, came back with 2 staff members, carrying a brand new AC unit! In less than 5 minutes they replaced the old unit with a new one!

CONS:
No elevator in the ocean view "houses": the ocean view rooms were across the street (not a busy street....but a street none the less) from the main hotel and have names like "Summer House" "Florida House" etc. While I had just one bag, an elevator would be nice for 2nd floor rooms. Should you book these, be prepared that you may have to walk up a short flight of stairs.

A short walk to the hotel: While the "houses" are across the street, should you be placed in the units at the very end of the property it is a little bit of a walk to the main hotel (where the dining rooms and shops are). It isn't terrible (maybe a 7 minute walk, tops), and a bellman is happy to come get you if you need assistance, this is important to know when booking.

Overall, though--this hotel was great. I doubt I'll be back (it is a little too expensive for my budget), but it was such a nice treat to stay just the one night!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Kelley M
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I recently attended a three day meeting at the Inn. From the initial check in to departure I was impressed about the friendliness and competence of the staff. I noticed that the same staff was "on" each day, always said hello and went the extra mile. For example, our buffet breakfast was beautiful and ample but when the waiter noticed me looking closely at the yogurt selected he came over and asked if I found what I was looking for. When I said I could not find plain yogurt he went into the kitchen and brought some out and delivered one to me-- all without me asking. The rooms are spacious and decorated nicely. The spa is just wonderful. My massage with Sarah was perfect. I told her my goals for the treatment--to work out the kinks--and she did just that. The spa itself is full service, everything you would expect from a resort of this nature. I would highly recommend indulging in a spa service. Our group raved about the golf course. The only thing that I would change is the policy that you need to charge everything to your room. I had a friend drive over for lunch and she wanted to pick up the check but could not because they do not take cash or credit cards. Aside from that, I was impressed with everything about the Ponte Vedra Inn and Club. Even group dinners for over 300 were done very well with delicious food and great service!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank VickieW1694
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ponte Vedra Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedr...
#3 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville /...
#2 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#5 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Ponte Vedra Inn & Club? Share your experiences!