Ponte Vedra Inn & Club
Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa(Ponte Vedra Beach)(Great Value!)
$246
$229
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$409
$389
The Lodge & Club
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra(Ponte Vedra Beach)(Great Value!)
$124
$152
$139
$288
$244
Courtyard
The Inn at Mayo Clinic(Jacksonville)
$204
Residence Inn
$195
$189
Holiday Inn Express(Jacksonville Beach)(Great Value!)
$125
HIExpress.com
Best Western Oceanfront(Jacksonville Beach)(Great Value!)
$169
$145
BestWestern.com
$139
$125
All reviewsocean frontisland houseponte vedraseahorse grillgolf coursetennis courtsoceanfront roomtop notchturn down servicefirst flooran adultlovely beachbeach sidekids poolgreat resortmini barthe atlantic ocean
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Ponte Vedra is a great place for a family vacation. While it is an older, established country club for Jacksonville area residents, it's also a great place to vacation. It's not "stuffy" like The Cloister at Sea Island, instead it is the right mix of a beach resort and a club that you know many families have created beautiful memories for generations.

Room Tip: To me, a trip to the beach should always be ocean view, however, there are some many activities that I find myself in the room very little, so if you don't want to splurge for an ocean view, you'll still be ok.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Just returned from a fantastic week-long vacation at the Ponte Vedra Inn and Club. While pricey, our suite was lovely and had a wonderful balcony overlooking the beach. We stayed at The Summer House (Room 223) which is a bit of a hike from the pool and Club facilities but parking was plentiful and close. If you stay on the 2nd floor, please note that there are no elevators. However, the resort fee covers bell service and resort-wide transport via a golf cart. Housekeeping service was provided twice daily by friendly and speedy attendants. The personnel at the front desk were accommodating and managed to extend our stay at the last minute with efficiency and a smile. We had lunch twice on the Surf Club Patio which was marginal, expensive and slow. MUCH better was the lunch we enjoyed in the Golf Club dining room overlooking the lagoon. We were looking for a romantic get-a-way which we got but this is a wonderful family destination as well. There are adult and children's pools and activities and spa options throughout the day. This was a splurge of a vacation and was worth every penny!

Room Tip: Rooms close to the club and pool are most convenient especially if traveling with children.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Island House with a lagoon view and back patio. Our room had a mini-fridge, microwave, and set of dishes. Bathroom was huge with double sink, tub, and large separate glass shower. Staff were very attentive, and extremely friendly. Don't skip the spa - services are around $125/hr so arrive early to get the most out of the facilities including full outdoor pool. Beach was very quiet (8/7) and we scored a large palm frond umbrella by showing up early. I have to mention the front door had a gap from the floor and three palmetto bugs visited us, including one in my daughter's bath towel (she freaked out). Being from Florida originally, I wasn't too bothered and I don't advocate using tons of pesticide in such natural surroundings.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Unfortunately, I was only able to stay at this beautiful property for only a long weekend. Overall, it is an excellent property / spa with old world charm. Here are my observations in no particular order:

- Rooms & bathroom are spacious and quiet.
- The small efficiency kitchen is nice to have.
- Bed and linens were comfortable.
- Services were very reflective of a 5-star property.
- Facilities, course & spa are outstanding
- The service is excellent and the staff are well trained.
- The styling is old fashioned (with daily program), but I think that is the intention.
- The only complaint: the food in the Seahorse Grill was not that innovative or interesting.
- The room rate was steep for July - however - the hotel delivered.

Really looking forward to our next visit -- hopefully, it will be in the winter months.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Love the fountain at the entrance always makes me smile. Very smooth check-in. Almost all the rooms are some distance from the main building but it's a safe area to walk around. I was initially a bit disappointed not to be beachfront (I was in the Island House which overlooks a pond & the golf course) but the room was gorgeous - quiet, spacious, cool, well decorated, huge bathroom with a small private outdoor seating area and I loved the short walk to the main building past the lake - keep an eye out for alligators. Main building itself is beautiful. Excellent friendly service. Food was superb especially considering I was part of a large group. I thought it might be a little snobby but not all. Didn't get to use the facilities though as I was at a conference. Would definitely revisit for vacation although you can't walk to any other shops or bars or restaurants from the location, you really just have the beach & the resort facilities.

Room Tip: Don't be disappointed with a golf view room - it's private and peaceful.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business