“FAB-U-LOUS Spa!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ponte Vedra Inn & Club
St. Augustine, Florida
“FAB-U-LOUS Spa!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

The only facial where I walked out actually looking better! No red marks all over my face from extraction, just smooth, lovely skin. (I got the Vitamin C facial) I made a day of this spa with a girlfriend and it was just a fabulous experience. I also really enjoyed the products in the spa shop. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

Stayed in oceanview room, bottom level ... Only way to go! Literally able to walk onto sand. They have rooms in the main building but they are not oceanview. Our room had wet bar and microwave but no fridge. Restaurants on site--moderately priced for bkfst and lunch (approx $15pp) heated pools, even one for adults only. Daily exercise programs included in $20 daily resort fee. Quiet and relaxing but also nice for families. A bit pricey but definitely worth a return trip.

Room Tip: Oceanview a must!
1 Thank catmalways4ever
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

The place consists of several buildings fronting the beach so you may have a little walk to the reception and other amenities such as the restaurant, spa, etc. Check in and check out were quick. I stayed in room 218, an oceanview room in the Peyton Building. It's a large room with a view of the beach from the balcony. The bed was so comfortable. The alarm clock was difficult to figure out though - would be nice if they provide the instructions in the room; I had to call the front desk. My companions had the same issue. One didn't bother to change the setting and her alarm went off at midnight, the default setting.

The bathroom was large as well and the TV is piped in so you can hear what you're missing while in the bathroom. The room has a fridge and microwave as well as a few dishes and eating utensils so you can enjoy a small meal or snack in your room or balcony. There is even a small bottle of dishwashing soap. They provide turndown service and leave chocolates as well as a bottle of water. Too bad I spent very little time in my room (this was a business trip) and the beach as it looked gorgeous.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are nicer but quite a bit pricier
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

The Oceanfront rooms are all situated very near to the beach and from the back door of your room you are in fact at the beach. And the beach is really beautifull, peacfull and good for walking or jogging or just staying in the sun. You can order your sun chair to be brought were you please and so you can stay in the vicinity of your room. And there are not many people on the beach, at least at the end of april. It was this fact that we enjoyed the most, I think, so much privacy. We took long walks and jogged every morning before the breakfast. The room was spacious and immacuolously clean. The room service came every evening with turn down service, fresh water and chocolates and the house keeping staff was very nice and friendly indeed.

Breakfast at the Inn was very good, some mornings a buffet, some days menu. The service was perfect. We took our dinner at the seahorse grill and that was absolutely fantastic. The fish disches were very, very good indeed and so was the service. We had fantastic grouper, a fisch I did not know from before. The dish I really liked was in fact a sampler, namely grouper, filet mignong and lobster tail, just perfect.

Living in Europe, I will probably not come very often to this hotel, but it is one of those places that you will remember and long to come back to. The hotel and the restaurants are perfect.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kauniit
Philadelphia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

I have visited the Ponte Vedra Inn & Club every year for the past ten or so years. I used to absolutely love the service, the rooms, the pools, and the beach. However, my visit this week will probably be my last.

The reason is that this place just hasn't kept up with the times. The rooms still have boxy, noisy A/C units under the windows - no central air. The bathrooms are nice, but the tubs are tiny. The balconies have no lights. The views are beautiful if you are in the right rooms, but blocked to varying degrees in others by trees and the shape of the buildings.

All of this would be OK (although window shades are closed when you get to your room, you can check the view when you get to your room and then ask to move if they have stuck you with a bad one - something that has happened to me almost every year), the place has gotten incredibly expensive. Used to be that an oceanfront room with breakfast was in the $200-250 range a night. Now it is over $400. The food is very, very pricey and very, very mediocre. The spa has gotten to where you can't get an ordinary facial for under $150-200.

The beach is amazing, and the staff is wonderful. But for this kind of money, I'm going to go somewhere where I can trust the weather and pay less for more.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank zoeabbymom
flowerybranch
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

this place could be alot better if they treated people equally!! it seems if your not wealthy , your not welcome. some of the staff is very rude to younger familys and some where just fine. managment was not helpfull at all and the resort tried to charge my card twice. the manager lied to my wife and my bank. but after 2 days of phone calls i got it cleared . i had to get the president of my bank to take controll of the situation. we wish someone from the resort would see this review because the place was nice but over priced and could use new managment. my e-mail is bencortese@yahoo.com if managment wants to contact me for fixing these problems. there was no chemistry in the staff

Room Tip: not great for average people, very up tight staff, poor managment if you need any help
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank bernardo c
pstakeheart
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

My husband and I were invited to stay at the Ponte Vedra Inn & Club this past weekend for business. We arrived around 1:00 pm. At check-in, we were told it would be an hour or so before we could go to our room, which was understandable since we were early. We were given directions to where their restaurants and pools on premise were located while we waited. However, within 15 minutes, we were called and told our room was ready.

We were in one of the newly renovated oceanfront rooms in the Florida building. Trey was very helpful. He told us everything we needed to know, and he even went to get ice for us. The room was spacious, the beds were comfortable, the bathroom had a television, and the view was perfect. Having the beach at our backdoor was the best perk! Even though the waters were rough both days, it was still nice. Instead of the beach though, we spent a lot of time by the pool. We never had trouble finding a chair. Housekeeping was prompt with both the cleaning and turn-down service. Our bathroom was stocked with plenty of towels, wash clothes, beach towels, etc.

The only time we ate there was when we had a banquet dinner in the Coral Room on Saturday night. Service was great. My glass of wine was never left empty. The food was delicious. I had bacon wrapped shrimp, Florida chowder, filet mignon, and key lime cheesecake.

The location was great too. We were attending The Players Championship, which was only a few miles away. Traffic was ridiculous, but that was to be expected. There were places to go shopping and restaurants, both chain and local, within a few miles too. I wish we had time to visit the surrounding area more, like Jacksonville and St. Augustine. Also very ideal for golfers.

My only "complaint" would be that our mini-fridge was locked. I wasn't sure how to open it, if we had to call or if there was a key somewhere, so we just didn't indulge from it. Also, on our second day, while showering after being on the beach/in the pool, we heard our door open. I think housekeeping came in for turn-down service not knowing that we were in the room still. They left immediately when they realized the room was not empty, but it could have been awkward!

Since this trip was for business, our expenses were covered. I would love to return, but I'm not sure if we would be able to afford it on our own, but it would be worth it if we did.

Room Tip: Splurge on a beachfront room. It will be worth it!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ponte Vedra Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedr...
#3 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville /...
#2 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#1 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,376 reviews
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra Beach-Mayo Clinic Area
Hampton Inn Jacksonville/Ponte V...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Ponte Vedra Inn & Club? Share your experiences!