“Second time there. Almost as good as the first.”

Ponte Vedra Inn & Club
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My husband goes for the golf. I go for the beach, spa. Service is good. Very accomodating to specific needs and wants. Quick to correct deficiencies. Pleasant staff. Beach chair/ppoolside chair rental pricey. Has adult only and kid friendly pool. Lap pool, hot tub (adult only).Also available for rent are surf boards, bikes, skid boards, and a few ofher items. Nightly turn down service and list of daily activities/schedule. An easy drive from Atlanta. Left in the morning and was riding the waves by noon. Did not allow early check in, but accomodated us during lunch/drinks by just giving them our name and building we were booked in. Liked the spa and inn better than the lodge down the road. Bigger, better beach area than lodge. Very secure. Had two very creaky, squeaky beds. Also windows filthy when we checked in, problem with TV and no soap. All rectified except for beds.

Room Tip: Lodge south of the Inn is on beach, but pricier. The Georgia, Florida, and St. John's House are...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 26, 2011

Had an awesome room right on the beach & near the pools & restaurants. My son's wedding was held on the beach & it was spectacular!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank TRINA32752
Reviewed July 26, 2011

This high-end resort has great options for families and those looking for small to medium business events. I was recently here on a business trip and took my family with me as the resort is located on the beach on the east coast of Florida. The rooms are well appointed and well maintained. They provide plenty of lodging options for most price points. Be prepared to cross the street to get to the beach/pool if you stay in the "Inn" or "Island House". The golf is supposedly spectacular, they have have some of the best tennis courts in the area (if not all of FL). They have 3 pools, one open to everyone, one adult only, and then an adult only lap pool. The resort provides a variety of free exercise and other activities for all ages. While the food is good, it is pricey and some of the dining halls require coat and tie. My family stayed primarily on the beach (while I was in meetings), and thoroughly enjoyed the surf, sand, and hunting fossilized sharks teeth! Yep, it is one of the few places where you can walk the beach and find them. The staff are extremely helpful and accommodating. Overall a great place for everyone!

Room Tip: If you want oceanfront, make sure you ask for it, as some of the rooms are not on the beach.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank GTSAILOR
Reviewed July 13, 2011

its always a great family retreat for us. We havent gotten the deals we received a few years back but its always a good to great time for my family.

The check in this time was a little bit of problem as they gave our room away but rewarded us with what I thought was a better option kudos to the staff for making it right.

We always go crabbing at night with the kids. Learned this from a UGA group the past couple of years and even though we werent with them this year we continued the tradition with a nice group from texas.

The restaurants we enjoy in the area, barbara jeans (love it) want something a little more atmosphere go for palm valley fish camp same road. For something quick go down the road to Als Pizza good pie.

The beach is always fun we go boggie boarding and had a great time as usual did hear of some sharks around this time though from several who saw them so be careful. One fisherman said he saw a 10 ft hammerhead crusing just of shore. Of course if we knew what was swimming around us we probably wont be swimming out there and glad they usually dont bother us.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I was a speaker at a June conference so I dove in, did my presentation, split. I live in Florida and June is the beginning of 'humidity hell' so beach vacations not on the top of my list. Having said that, this is a remarkable property. Front desk staff really looking to help you. I stayed in the Florida house, room 165. This was a great, firm bed. I live in hotels, the bed was fantastic. Ordered room service and Chuck was upfront and said it would be an hour and 15 minutes. Kudos to him. But I called and cancelled just could not stay awake. The wireless was very bad, my biggest complaint in every hotel or resort. Summary: outstanding property, not a weed in it. Flawlessly clean, Starbucks in the main building, golf looked A+ the restaurant meal I had was perfect. I "scout" family vacations via business travel and I can imagine 2 winter or spring weeks here, they would have to throw a Michigan person out. We will eagerly return.

Room Tip: Stay on the Atlantic side. Beg if you must.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank jimvet1826
Reviewed June 20, 2011

First of all, decide why you are going to the Inn and Club. If you are heading to a tennis camp as we did it you love it. One of the best facilities in the country. One of our group members was able to jump into a foursome for golf and had a ball. Stay at the beach, not across the street at the Inn. The rooms are very nice. I like the idea of an adult only pool. DO NOT eat at the PV Inn, grab a cocktail at one of the ocean bars, and, hit one of the local beach restaurants. The prices at the Inn for food are really very high for average food.
We found terrific local restaurants for lunch and dinners as well as places with music. There is a fun busy bar at the Inn we hit late on a Friday night. I thought the staff was fine. Yes they are young but seemed prepared. But understand that is not even close to a hotel like Palm Beach Breakers. and certainly not one of the best hotels in the country. But it was excellent for tennis lessons and golf, and Pone Vedra is a beautiful area to visit.

Room Tip: see if there are any packages available
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank conners107
Reviewed May 9, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Ponte Vedra Inn & Club for our Anniversary and it was outstanding! We were greeted immediatley by the helpful front desk staff. The room was absolutely beautiful and the view of the beach was incredible. We had a wonderful experience at the Seahorse Grill for dinner. The friendliness of everyone working at the resort made for a most enjoyable stay and we will return again.

Room Tip: I suggest making spa appointments before arrival.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank IrishTraveler7799
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ponte Vedra Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedra Beach
The Lodge and Club at Ponte Vedr...
#3 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach
One Ocean Resort & Spa
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville / Ponte Vedra
Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville /...
#2 of 4 in Ponte Vedra Beach
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonvil...
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront
Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonv...
#2 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Ponte Vedra Inn & Club? Share your experiences!