“Rural, super freezing water, nice trails, clean bathrooms, good picnic area, I love this place.”

Ponce de Leon Springs State Park
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I grew up only a few miles from PDL Springs. It has transformed over the years. It is State maintained. It is clean and a great place to spend the day. The water is freezing cold. The walking trails are a great way to get back to nature. Pack a picnic and get there early to get a covered picnic table. There are almost always lots of local folks there...good country people. Don't stick your toe into the water...just jump in all at once and get the total experience.

1  Thank flgirl4u
There are newer reviews for Ponce de Leon Springs State Park

Reviewed August 22, 2012

This is a great change of pace. The water is cold and it is in a shady location. Great place for a picnic!

The only issue I had was the mosquitoes. Take some bug spray!

It is absolutely beautiful!

1  Thank Jwtravelseverywhere
Reviewed August 17, 2012

After a week or so of the beach -- even a beautiful beach -- like Fort Walton Beach -- fresh water swimming is a delightful change of pace. We drove about 90 minutes from FWB to get to Ponce de Leon. It was really cool. Water is 68 degrees year round, so it is a little "startling" to jump in. The water is stunning shade of blue -- I really don't know how to describe it. Good place to bring a picnic. Florida has many spring fed lakes, rivers and ponds. Sort of off the beaten track -- but a good "day trip" if you are at the beach for a week. Fun for kids of all ages. Bring your snorkle and face mask.

3  Thank SCColtsFan
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Clean, clear, cold water! So many things to see in their natural suroundings. Quite a few families enjoying the beautiful day. Happy laughter all around.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I took my children there for a fun day in the sun. We had a blast it only cost us $4 to get in and yes the water was cold but it is a spring. The water is crystal clear and clean. The nature trails were cool too you can walk around and see different parts of the spring. Wear shoes though bc my daughter stubbed her toe and made it bleed. The rangers and staff and the park were friendly and helpful they even gave my daughter a bandage for her toe. I will decently be visiting the park again we had a blast!!!! So worth the drive I recommend that everyone check it out!!

2  Thank Sweetcheaks6986