“BAD DEAL”

Isle Casino Racing Pompano Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Isle Casino Racing Pompano Park in sunny Pompano Beach, Florida, located just minutes from the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport and only 20 minutes from North Miami, is your Pompano Beach gaming destination. Isle Casino Racing Pompano Park is a state of the art gaming and entertainment destination with all the amenities and services you are looking for in a smoke-free environment, including approximately 1,500 slots, 38 live-action poker tables, 6 restaurants, live harness racing, and live entertainment 7 days a week. So stop by Isle Casino Racing Pompano Park today and see what a premier gaming experience feels like!
Miami, Florida
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“BAD DEAL”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I have been a customer of the casino BUFETT for a while. While food is good, not extraordinary by all means, the Saturday evening buffet which starts at 4 PM called Endless Seafood Buffet, ( small crab legs and shrimp mostly) costs $29.99 + tax+tip. Includes a beer, wine or soda, three of the one you choose upfront.
In my recent visit, yesterday (Saturday August 9th, 2014) I went with a group of 7, including myself. Lines were long as usual. The cashier told me that since we were seven, if we wanted to seat together, I needed to pay upfront an 18% tip, otherwise we could seat at different tables.
I was very surprised since as a world traveler, tips everywhere are based on service received, not mandatory. I requested to speak to a manager. I asked why I needed to pay the tip upfront.
COMPANY POLICY she said, NEW POLICY she added. I asked to let me know the reasoning of such policy and she could not came up with anything but IS MANAGEMENT.
I went on and sat with my group and forgot about it, the idea was to have a good time and those that like to give their money away to the casino playing cards or slot machines, it's their preference.
Service by the way was very bad. We figured that they may want to charge customers upfront because some may not leave enough tip for the waiter (to pick up empty plates and bring drinks only, since it is self-service buffet), maybe because service is not too good or because some people cheat the waiter with a group tip.
Today, I was notified by my credit card that I have been overcharged another 12% on top of my tax and 18% tip, making a $29.99 buffet into a $45 cost.
I authorized my credit card company to pay exactly the amount I signed in my receipt.

Visited August 2014
4 Thank santiagozamudio

Pompano Beach, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Food”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Nice and clean cafe. There is a great selection of food. We did not have to wait long for service. We will definitely visit again.

Pompano Beach, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Smoke-Free Casino”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Nice and clean casino with no smoking allowed. Many slots to choose from which are changed out on a regular basis. The buffet and cafe are great. They have great entertainment and a nice dance floor. A little disappointed with not offering a free birthday meal. This was just cancelled recently unless you are a platinum player. It would be nice if they had actual live black jack tables.

Visited July 2014
Pompano Beach, FL
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“great food choices on their daily food buffet, lunch/ dinner”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

don't worry how much money their buffet costs, enjoy it and have a blast as there is so much food to eat there and as much as you want.................

the casino is smoke free !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after lunch or dinner, go gamble on slots, or poker or simulcast races there.......................

Coconut Creek, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The good and mostly bad of the Isles”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I have been playing at this casino consistently for the past 1 year. I enjoy the smoke free environment, the staff has always been very nice to me in the casino and restaurants, and the entertainment at the main bar is usually very good. That is where the good parts completely ends.
When I first signed up for my Players (smart) card I would win around 40% of the time when I played which was probably good for a casino. Then after a few months the Isles was the worst paying casino I have ever played at which includes the Indian casino’s not “governed by the state of Florida”. I don’t know one person who actually believes that the state of Florida knows what percentage they are paying out and that the posted amount is accurate. And then the “jackpot bell” also which is very questionable and somewhat amusing to me since we are supposed to be all excited that someone actually won if in fact they did.
I have found that unless you invest a lot of money and often a hundred or hundreds you may get a bonus on that slot machine. We are all always coming from behind to make up the money that we have lost; I have never been able to sit down at a machine and win fairly quickly never the case.
I have often played machines in which I received a bonus and actually lost money and this happens more often than anyone would ever believe. I have never in my life experienced this at any other casino in the world.
I now spend a lot of my time in the casino speaking with other players just to verify my experience to theirs and very few have anything positive to say about this casino and the payouts.
What really makes me sick is that this casino often has a high percentage of senior citizens who are getting taken for a ride using whatever of their fixed income is available for fun. The casino attitude is that once this group is broke there is always another to follow.
I have complained to most of the management at the casino and what typically happens afterwards is they ask what machine I am playing and magically it will pay out a bit. You never know when a business will lose many customers and they are certainly heading in the wrong direction. The State of Florida is aware of these issues and has received quite a bit of complaints questioning this casino.
I am looking forward to the new casino in West Palm Beach at the Kennel Club once they can get past the obstacles that have been put in their way by outsiders.

Visited July 2014