“Great pizza sauce!”

Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza
Ranked #32 of 358 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, ON
“Great pizza sauce!”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I was hesitant in going to Anthony's because of previous reviewers saying that the pizza's were burnt...but I'm really glad we gave Anthony's a try.

For the record, the pizza was not burnt. The crust on PART of one slice was a little charred...but certainly not inedible. This is a thin crust pizza. I can certainly understand why part of it may be a little crispier than the rest...afterall, nobody wants a raw crust!

I ordered the tomato and mozzarella to start. It was very good...it comes out dry - tomato, mozzarella, and basil. You add whatever amount of salt, pepper, oil and balsamic you want.

We then ordered a large traditional pizza and added additional toppings. They were also very accommoding as we wanted different toppings on each half. Just a word of caution as our server gave us this advice...if it's your first time ordering one of their pizzas, I highly recommend you try the traditional first. A lot of their specialty pizzas don't have sauce.

Speaking of sauce...the sauce on the pizza is home made. It is DEEEEE-LICIOUS!

The server was very attentive and everyone there was friendly and welcoming.

We also got an order of meatballs to go. The sauce, again, was delicious. The meatballs themselves were a little dense...possibly a product of being mixed too much...but flavour wise, they were good.

Will definitely revisit on our next trip to Fort Lauderdale!

• Visited August 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gourmet Pizza”
Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

Did carry out;which took a bit longer than I expected. Food was fantastic. We had meatball pizza, salad, and a couple free wings (four square checkin). The meatball pizza was fantastic... High above normal pizza joints. The salad for 2 could really be for 4.

Colchester, Vermont
“Nice Atmosphere”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I was not a great fan of the pizza but I believe that is truly personal taste.
The people were great.

• Visited July 2012
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Best Pizza in Florida”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Truly the best pizza in Florida....go to any of the locations, same excellent selections, service and food. Also, the italian style wings are to die for! Start with the amazing salad with gorgonzola add the wings and you may have to take home the pizza for later!
Amazing!

Visited May 2012
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Different"t kind of pizza”
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

I was there for take out and the pizza was burnt I heard they were good this wasn't"t my opinion or my husband or mother they need to work on not burning people"s food at the price they charge.