“Delicious and fresh Italian”
Review of Romantico Ristorante - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Romantico Ristorante
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We haven't been to Romantico in years but wanted to take a friend somewhere special for her birthday. Just as we remembered. Small place with an intimate feel located along Atlantic Blvd in Pompano. Parking in the back of the building as there is none on the street in front. We did make a reservation as they get busy during "season" and there are only 12 tables. They are famous for their fettucine alfredo which they make in the dining room with fresh hot fettucine poured into an enormous round of parmigiana-reggiano. Nice wine list with special listings each day. Menu offers salads, appetizers, chicken, seafood, pasta, veal as well as daily specials. Fettucine can be an entree or appetizer. Everything is cooked to order so they add or delete an ingredient if needed. Entrees range in price from $17.95-$23.95 not including the daily specials. Entrees come with side salad and daily vegetable.

2  Thank SusanFt_Lauderdale
There are newer reviews for Romantico Ristorante

Reviewed June 19, 2012

I planned a GNO and was looking for a new place to try and a friend had recently been and suggested we try Romantico restaurant. The location was convenient as we were all coming from different areas. We all almost missed it but made the U turn in time. We had to try the Fettuccine Alla Romantico homemade fettuccine mixed in a wheel of parmigiano grana padano at your table as an appetizer and it did not disappoint - delicious. All entrees were good and we had a variety of chicken, veal and ravioli dishes. The desserts were just OK, but the service was attentive. It was very quiet on a Tuesday night aside from another couple, my party of 5 were the only other folks in the restaurant. Definitely worth a visit - we'll be back.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Romantico Ristorante has rapidly become my favorite - just because- restaurant. The Italian cuisine is owner/chef prepared, varied nightly and always perfect. I especially recommend the house made fettuccine in the parmesan wheel. The decor is wonderfully eclectic; I very much enjoy the table with the window seat! Treat yourself and someone special to the experience.

1  Thank Ervanowitz
Reviewed May 18, 2012

From the moment we walked in the waiters were snobby and seemed completely offended that we came in with no reservation...apparently our mistake was a punishable one at that because the entire dinner we were forced to ask for everything from silverware to water refills. The restaurant was not busy for a weekend night so there was no excuse for being unattended to as it's a small restaurant and there were several empty tables. We started with an appetizer but the cheese was so salty you could barely stomach it and the roasted red peppers were so scantily jullianned you could barely find them on the oversized platter it was placed on. The menu is fairly limited which I can deal with but the main course was barely edible and completely under-seasoned. The dish that I ordered came with potatoes and I asked to substitute pasta instead. The pasta did not come out with the meal so I had to ask them for it. My boyfriends alfredo was soupy and somehow lumpy at the same time. He said it was almost as terrible as my side of pasta which came with a barely a trace of sauce... To be honest it was a bad experience from beginning to end and complete waste of money.. I will never go back there.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

The fetucinni romantico was outstanding, homemade pasta mixed right at your table inside a huge wheel of fresh parmesan. The pollo capreciaso was an original dish with lightly breaded chicken topped with fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and basil, drizzled with olive oil and served with rotated potatoes. Bring your appetites because the portions are big! The service was excellent and the good was great! You can't go wrong here.

2  Thank jenJen_10025