“Great Peruvian Restaurant (as if you were in Lima)”

Malulo's International Seafood
Ranked #78 of 368 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Once we moved from Dade county to Broward we were kind of concern about the distance between our new place and our favorite restaurant in Miami, lucky for us my wife friend recommended Malulo's and gave it a try......you will not be disappointment, as a matter of fact we went 2 days in a row to try different dishes and one was better than the other one. Glad we found this new place, and I have to agreed with some of the other reviewers that you find local people, and quite enough to have a good conversation and meal (try the Parihuela and the Pulpo a la Parilla)...... no Algarrobina Cocktail though !
Good luck and keep the quality and taste and your food

1  Thank deperu4

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This place has authentic Peruvian dishes. The clientele was mostly local folks, not your typical Florida tourists. The Black Risotto was full of seafood and squid in a squid ink sauce. Yummy. We also got the Filet de Pascado, basically a wood-fire grilled filet, which was also very good, as was the flan for dessert.

1  Thank Bern666
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I am always looking for good seafood restaurants and usually have to travel 20 -40 minutes from Pompano to get good seafood. While I saw the good review about Malulo’s in Tripadvisor, I was skeptical. Well they are right. The food was delicious and the service was more than I could expect. We did not know the restaurant closes at 6:00 pm on Sunday and even though we arrived at 5:50 they sat us down and spend the next 15 minutes helping us order the food. Since my trip last year to Portugal, I was looking for some Octopus. The waitress recommended an appetizer that was spicy, while not over powering. The seafood stew was delicious and it had so much seafood, I had trouble finishing. Can wait to go back again.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for lunch the first day of our trip. We would never have stopped, had it not been for the raving Trip Advisor reviews. The decor is nothing fancy but cozy and simple. The waiter was very friendly and asked if we had any questions. This was welcome as I was not all that familiar with the cuisine. The food was OUTSTANDING. Fresh, delicious and unique. We shared a seafood empenada and a cilantro/chicken appetizer. I had the seafood pallea and my wife had a seafood soup. Both were full of flavor without being too heavy.

We would definitely go back!

2  Thank Leo Z
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was visiting Pompano and decided to try Peruvian cuisine -- brand new to me. The room was welcoming and I received a big smile when I arrived. The waiter walked me through the menu ... he offered suggestions suited to my preferences. It was hard narrowing down my choices, but the crabmeat and Peruvian potato appetizer plus the Peruvian version of paella fit the bill. Large portions, fresh and plentiful seafood, and a refreshing Peruvian beer to wash it down. A most pleasant meal and a highlight of my brief trip. I wish I had had time to return -- there was much on the menu that appealed to me. I felt at home, wasn't rushed, and look forward to my next meal at this delightful, friendly restaurant.

1  Thank DanTorontoOntario