“Outstanding Seafood and Service in Pompano Beach”

Malulo's International Seafood
Ranked #76 of 358 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Good for: Families with children
Franklin, Tennessee
“Outstanding Seafood and Service in Pompano Beach”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I am always looking for good seafood restaurants and usually have to travel 20 -40 minutes from Pompano to get good seafood. While I saw the good review about Malulo’s in Tripadvisor, I was skeptical. Well they are right. The food was delicious and the service was more than I could expect. We did not know the restaurant closes at 6:00 pm on Sunday and even though we arrived at 5:50 they sat us down and spend the next 15 minutes helping us order the food. Since my trip last year to Portugal, I was looking for some Octopus. The waitress recommended an appetizer that was spicy, while not over powering. The seafood stew was delicious and it had so much seafood, I had trouble finishing. Can wait to go back again.

• Visited May 2013

Des Moines, Iowa
“GEM”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for lunch the first day of our trip. We would never have stopped, had it not been for the raving Trip Advisor reviews. The decor is nothing fancy but cozy and simple. The waiter was very friendly and asked if we had any questions. This was welcome as I was not all that familiar with the cuisine. The food was OUTSTANDING. Fresh, delicious and unique. We shared a seafood empenada and a cilantro/chicken appetizer. I had the seafood pallea and my wife had a seafood soup. Both were full of flavor without being too heavy.

We would definitely go back!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Leo Z
Toronto, Canada
“Outstanding -- a highlight of visit to Pompano. I felt at home and loved the food.”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was visiting Pompano and decided to try Peruvian cuisine -- brand new to me. The room was welcoming and I received a big smile when I arrived. The waiter walked me through the menu ... he offered suggestions suited to my preferences. It was hard narrowing down my choices, but the crabmeat and Peruvian potato appetizer plus the Peruvian version of paella fit the bill. Large portions, fresh and plentiful seafood, and a refreshing Peruvian beer to wash it down. A most pleasant meal and a highlight of my brief trip. I wish I had had time to return -- there was much on the menu that appealed to me. I felt at home, wasn't rushed, and look forward to my next meal at this delightful, friendly restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank DanTorontoOntario
Birmingham
“Wonderful Seafood”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This was our first visit, and we decided to try the seafood rather than the Peruvian selections. The seafood was excellent. Everything had a very fresh taste. Prices were reasonable for the high quality of what they offer. This was a Saturday evening and no reservations were needed. We arrived about 6:30 pm, and the service was great. They got much busier, and about 7:30 all the tables were filled and there were a few people waiting to be seated. They could have used another server.

We will be back are are looking forward to trying the Peruvian selections next time..

• Visited February 2013
Coconut Creek, Florida
“We had never been to a Peruvian Restaurant before....”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My lady and I went there for lunch the other day (1/18/2013) Lots of seafood on the menu lots of ethenic recipes as well. We decided on the Octopus appetizer and a seafood soup. We both appreciate good food and can cook as well. Malulo's was exceptionally good. Our waiter was attentive, knowledgeable, and helpful. We had a couple of very good Peruvian beers to go with our meal. I must give kudos to the chef as well. This dude knows how to reduce a soup stock and make it complex. It ain't cheap to do, so I understand the price isn't going to be $5, but this soup, split between us and taken home for another meal was outstanding. Try the Peruvian flan as well.. it is outstanding. We'll be back!!!!

• Visited January 2013