“Wonderful Seafood”

Malulo's International Seafood
Ranked #76 of 358 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Birmingham
“Wonderful Seafood”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This was our first visit, and we decided to try the seafood rather than the Peruvian selections. The seafood was excellent. Everything had a very fresh taste. Prices were reasonable for the high quality of what they offer. This was a Saturday evening and no reservations were needed. We arrived about 6:30 pm, and the service was great. They got much busier, and about 7:30 all the tables were filled and there were a few people waiting to be seated. They could have used another server.

We will be back are are looking forward to trying the Peruvian selections next time..

• Visited February 2013

Coconut Creek, Florida
“We had never been to a Peruvian Restaurant before....”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

My lady and I went there for lunch the other day (1/18/2013) Lots of seafood on the menu lots of ethenic recipes as well. We decided on the Octopus appetizer and a seafood soup. We both appreciate good food and can cook as well. Malulo's was exceptionally good. Our waiter was attentive, knowledgeable, and helpful. We had a couple of very good Peruvian beers to go with our meal. I must give kudos to the chef as well. This dude knows how to reduce a soup stock and make it complex. It ain't cheap to do, so I understand the price isn't going to be $5, but this soup, split between us and taken home for another meal was outstanding. Try the Peruvian flan as well.. it is outstanding. We'll be back!!!!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank ciaotebaldi
Austin, Texas
“Highlight of our trip”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Our family went here for dinner, mostly because of great reviews from Yelp. It was one of the highlights of our trip to Fort Lauderdale.

They have the standard kids menu: chicken nuggets or fish nuggets with fries, which is a bonus for the picky eater in our family.

But my husband and I came here for the seafood. My husband ordered Tamalito Verde, which is sort of like tamales, except the masa is green, mixed in with cilantro, we were told later by the nice and friendly waiter. I am not normally into tamales, but I had a little bite, it was wonderful.

I ordered the Ceviche Mixto and I was in heaven. Clearly the best ceviche I have had so far. The seafood was fresh. The calamari, fish chunks, and shrimps tasted perfectly, swimming in the mixture of lime juice and powdered peppers, called Tiger's Milk. I could have just eaten two servings of ceviche for dinner. But for dinner, I ordered the grilled fish. It was not the best grilled fish. The waiter suggested that I put some of the Tiger Milk on the fish and it made the fish taste a lot better.

I wish we could go back here every day and eat all of our meals here.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank gstjio
Kansas
“Great Peruvian!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Peruvian food is thought to be the best food by many, and Malulo's is an excellent example. We were just passing through and used Trip Advisor and saw we were close to a Peruvian restaurant and had to stop. Glad we did! Traveling with our son and his girlfriend, who live in Chile, and it made them feel like they were right at home. Excellent choices and well prepared!

2 Thank GLewis53
Chicago
“Best Peruvian Food Ever!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Very surprised by this place. Found it on Yelp, decided to try it. I have family from Peru, I have been there a few times and eat Peruvian food quite regularly. This was top notch with quality ingredients. Close your eyes and you will think you are in Mira Flores or Cusco.

Very surprised our hotel staff didn't know anything about this place, we asked around after our great meal to see if others have gone here and nobody knew about it. Americans need to expand their eating habits once in a while.

We stayed a week in Pompano, and ate here twice. Will return!! ,