“Th place to eat in Pompano Beach if you love seafood.”

Malulo's International Seafood
Ranked #84 of 357 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
new york
“Th place to eat in Pompano Beach if you love seafood.”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

So we went here for lunch on a Sunday afternoon the day after Peruvian independence day so it wasn't too packed because as the waitress explained people were still nursing their hangovers. We arrived around 2 pm and the place is rather small and intimate. It is a family owned an operated establishment and the food was reminiscent of good home cooking. As per the reccs of other reviewers we had the ceviche mixto. I love empanadas and ordered one with seafood as well. It was lightly dusted with powdered sugar which was and odd but good combo that made it even more of a treat. Seeing as to how I've yet to venture to Peru I asked the waitress if there was anything not to be missed on the menu, she reccomended a yuca and seafood app whose name escapes me but we chose the 1 with crab and it was delicious. If you are not too hungry the apps will suffice I was full after sharing 3. In terms of drinks we sampled the peruvian beer which in my opinion needed a lime, followed by the local drink which tasted like ginger cranberry blend, then ventured with Inca Cola and finally concluded our beverage adventures with some Sangria which was far from the best but we finished it so it was alright. On to the main course I ordered the paella type dish which my bf said was a hot rice version of our ceviche, despite that I thought it was very good. The man wanted meat and had the Churrasco with egg and rice and plantains and he didn't love it. So lesson learned stick to the seafood and appetizers but all in all it was delicious and I would certainly return!

1 Thank vacababy101

Pompano Beach, Florida
“Best Ceviche Ever!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Fresh and Delish! These folks know their way around fresh seafood!

Visited August 2011
1 Thank Laura H
Boston, USA
“Great family run Peruvian restaurant”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Don't let the strip mall fool you! Maliki is a gem of a restaurant: great food, friendly service and a laid back style. Everything the chains are not.
We ate there twice in a week. The ceviche is simply the best. Surprisingly, the seafood risotto was also fantastic. Pisco sours, Peruvian beer- what more to make a great dinner out?

1 Thank LoveToTravelBoston
Harbeson, Delaware
“It was SOO good we went back twice!”
Reviewed April 22, 2012

AFter reading several of the reviews on trip advisor, my Husband I decided to check it out, well let me tell you...the Ceviche is delish and the chicken piece dinner with tomatoes, fries and rice had my husband moaning.

We decided that it was that good, we went back for our 25th anniversary dinner vs going to a fancy place, spending 3 times the money and not knowing if as good as this.I had the sea bass with fresh mushrooms and spinach and my Husband had the chicken dish again, it was that good!

The only negative is the lighting.

Hans waited on us both times and was a JOY>

Don't miss this little Peruvian Wonder if you are in the Pompano/.Fort Lauderdale area.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank TVL4Ever3
Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico
“Delicious Peruvian Food”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Have passed this restaurant many times but decided to try the food based on the recommendation of a friend. The food is absolutely amazing.....also very authentic. I certainly will be going back for more.

• Visited March 2012