“Urgent read this” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Budgetel Inn & Suites Pompano Beach

Budgetel Inn & Suites Pompano Beach
You added Budgetel Inn & Suites Pompano Beach to your Saves list
Budgetel Inn & Suites Pompano Beach
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1411 NW 31st Avenue, Pompano Beach, FL 33069 (Formerly Days Inn Pompano Beach)   |
Ranked #31 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Florida
“Urgent read this”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2007

I was here on a business trip with a co-worker. When you first drive to your room at night you noticed alot of questionable people outside just walking around. Once you open the door a strong pugent smell hits you. The only saving grace is that the a/c did work and help circulate the air. The carpet was dirty and had several burn marks from what looks like a iron. The safe had no key or lock to secure your belongings. The restroom window was unlock when we checked it. There are missing tiles on the bathroom wall around the sink and you can see a hole in the wall. The ground was also unlevel in the bathroom. It is obvious that this room had been renovated but it was not by any knowledgeable craftsman. I will not be sleeping under the blankets tonight and will not take my shoes off incase I have to leave in the middle of the night in a hurry. If I could afford it I would be finding another room at this minute instead of writing this review. Please dont make the same mistake we did.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
6 Thank cutter14

PDX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2007

Booked at this hotel by travelocity. Arrived and was put off by the location and the feeling that the area was unsafe. The topper was the musty room and shower that was covered with mold/mildew. I left within 20 minutes.... Hard to believe that travelocity would book to a place like this.

• Disliked — filthy and unsafe
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
3 Thank luckyusPdx

Travelers are raving about these Pompano Beach hotels

NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2007

Unless you enjoy the smell of black mold, you should not stay here!! We arrived late in the night because our flight was delayed. The night manager was none too happy that we arrived late, even though we called ahead to warn him. The sign wasn't even visible from the street because it had never been repaired from the hurricane damage. As soon as we entered the room we knew we were in for a terrible night. The bathroom had more mold than tile, the beds were sketchy and the carpet was so gross I didn't want to walk barefoot. We had originally planned to stay there for 10 nights while we were in Florida, but we were out of there first thing the next morning. Just to give you a hint about how bad the mold was...I had trouble breathing and a runny nose for the remainder of my vacation!

3 Thank bobcatalumni
marco island fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2007

The hotel was very moldy & musty smelling. My husband & I even opened the door and turned the a/c down, at first we thought it was just musty air. Even after airing the room out, it still smelt really bad. Even the sheets smelled like mold. Would not have stayed except it was season & only slept there. Scratchy cheap thin towels. I wouldn't even considered eating in the convenient restaurant on site! And all for the bargan price of $104.00!!!! We did have a good room location right across from the pool. Wouldn't have considered walking down to the drink machine by myself. Wish I would have read the reviews before booking, even just the 1 night stay.

Stayed February 2007
3 Thank pookiepie4424
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2007

I stayed here because it was ~65$ cheaper than the next available hotel, thinking "those trip advisor comments can't be THAT accurate..." Wow. So where do I start. I pulled up, 3am (my flight was delayed) and I have to check in talking through the metal grate in the class, with me outside. I get to the room, can't get in, get a security guard (who was nice but scary) to let me in. The room is dirty and smelly, and the heating doesn't work. The bed, towels and walls are all quite dirty. I end up not wanting to touch the bed, so I sleep in my leather jacket and full pants. In the morning, I wake up two hours before my alarm, cold as hell, and proceed to spend the next two hours running hot water to warm up.

Pay up for another hotel. Or sleep in the car... the half hour I got at a rest stop on the highway afterwards was heavenly.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
5 Thank PKHCL
Frederick, MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2007

Walk, don't run away from this place. It was disgusting and I think the back side of the place had ladies working "the oldest profession". The only saving grace was the McDonalds across the street and the gas station next door which sold beer and wine! Due to the fact it was SuperBowl weekend, this was the only place we could find to stay the night before a cruise. There was group of us there and the driver did not want to leave us there! Most of us turned over the blanket on the bed and slept on top of that, fully clothed. The rooms had holes in the walls and when you removed the tissue stuffed in them, you could see the room next door. The bathrooms were dirty and missing pieces the tile floor. The walls were moldy. There were a bunch of mattresses piled up next to a dumpster so I can only imagine they were doing some sort of renovation but I never saw any of that. Days Inn should be ashamed to be affiliated with this place. The staff advised us we could take a bus to a nearby mall with a Ruby Tuesdays but neglected to tell us a transfer was involved and it was safer to take a cab. The manager on duty was rude. If you love your family, do not subject them to this, just sleep at the nearest bus station!

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed February 2007
5 Thank DeeP67
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2006

This hotel waas the most disgusting place I have ever seen. It was filthy, had clientele of questionable character, and unaccommodating. My husband and I had a 3 night reservation and could never have stayed there. This was part of a package....what a mistake.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
The Forum
The Forum
#11 of 13 in Pompano Beach
3.0 of 5 stars 185 reviews

Been to Budgetel Inn & Suites Pompano Beach? Share your experiences!