“Paradise”

Wyndham Royal Vista
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Great place to stay. Beautiful rooms. I was invited for a staycation. Amazing resort. Our suite has two bedrooms and two bathrooms. The resort is actually on the beach! Full size kitchen with refrigerator, dining area and large tvs. We watched dvds and mainly relaxed. We went to dinner at a few local spots. I cooked in the room and found everything I needed. Bed was comfortable. I enjoyed the three days there.

Room Tip: A/C units are a little loud. Our room was not exactly beach view but resort is right on beach.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ty_Lattimore
There are newer reviews for Wyndham Royal Vista

Reviewed September 9, 2013

In 2012, we exchanged our home unit for one at the Wyndham Santa Barbara in Pompano Beach FL and really enjoyed ourselves. We had about a 7 minute walk across the street to the private beach at their sister resort, the Wyndham Royal Vista (which, on a hot day, feels like an hour!) and, as we passed through the lobby one day we wondered what it must be like there, to be right on the beach like that.

Well, this year, we booked our week at the Royal Vista and were not at all disappointed. The only drawback (which others have commented on) is that our room was not ready by the promised time of 4:00 p.m. which I consider pretty late to begin with. We had to take an early flight into Fort Lauderdale so it meant we had hours without a place to call home. However, the staff was very cordial, invited us to go ahead and use the beach or any other facilities until our room was ready. Turns out it was worth the wait.

We always get a two bedroom/two bath unit in case we have friends who might like to stay with us a few nights. This time around, our guests were delighted at how much space they had all to themselves as both the master and guest bedrooms were huge as were the respective bathrooms. The master bedroom has a Jacuzzi and the bathroom features a walk-in shower (which I especially favor). There is a full kitchen provided with every possible accessory you could need, including a dishwasher, in-sink-erator, full oven, microwave, coffee maker, blender, you name it. When I heard we would be on the 4th floor (which is the first floor of rooms, since the first 3 represent the lobby and two levels of a parking garage), I was let down. However, when we got there, we loved the partial view of the ocean that we had (see photo) and really had no any other complaints.

There is no on-site restaurant but they are everywhere else along Route A1A (the main drag). If you prefer brand name eateries, they are within a 5 minute drive. The gas prices of $3.49 a gallon made our Connecticut prices look outrageous (we are paying about $3.85 right now) but the food prices were considerably higher than what we pay here in the northeast in the grocery stores. Despite what some others wrote, I wouldn't consider this such a family friendly resort as, besides the beach and the on-site pools, there are few attractions that I think would really hold a child's attention. Lion Country Safari is about 40 minutes north but that's about it. There is nothing akin to Disneyworld (which is well over three hours away), but there is the Goodyear Blimp attraction closeby if that sort of thing rocks your world!

We went for the beach, we got the beach (private one at that which really helped us feel relaxed), plus there was also this awesome one man band at the oceanfront tiki bar who caught our attention a number of times along with a couple of friendly Macaws propped nearby. If you are someone who really wants to hang back, enjoy the water, the views, a very comfortable condo and actually stay more close to home than going out everyday, this is ideal for you. It definitely earns its Gold Crown Status...so much so that we bought into Wyndham during our stay and we are tough customers!

Room Tip: If you are given a room that "faces the Intercoastal", just be aware that this means you w...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Had a great family vacation! Staff was super friendly and helpful. Just a short jaunt to the beach! I liked the smaller, less busy atmosphere. Had a 2 bedroom suite with plenty of room. They even had a gas grill on which to cook my fresh caught lobster!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We are Wyndham owners and live in Florida and do a lot of stay-vacations. Most of our time is spent at Royal Vista and we have never been disappointed. Units are always clean, ready on time or early, staff is awesome.....especially Debbie on the PM shift and the rooms are like your at home or better sometimes. We've brought family and friends from 2 year olds to 92 year olds and its a perfect place for all of them. There's a snack bar during the daytime and tiki bar on property and a good pizza place across the street. Dont shop at the market across the street or you might have to take out a loan for a gallon of milk. There's a Publix and every other store you can imagine about 2 miles away on Atlantic Ave just north of the resort. You can use the BBQ after 3:30pm. I just wish the pools were warmer and there was a hot tub on site. You can use the hot tub at the Santa Barbara which is just about a block away and easily walked to.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kimberly/Marc F
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed here with my wife and two daughters. We had a two bedroom deluxe room. It was very comfortable and very roomy. There are two pools if you want to take a break from the beach. Which this resort is the only Wyndham in Pompano on the beach. There also is a Tiki bar on the beach as well. We really enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ron W
Reviewed August 8, 2013

First off this entire resort is a timeshare property. My parents are platinium members so I went as their guest (they were not there). Unless you are with an actual owner you are not going to get an oceanfront unit, if you get ocean view consider yourself lucky. I was able to get a nice ocean view unit facing the pool outside the lobby. This was fine because it did have a nice view of the beach.

No complaints with the inside of my 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit. It was nicely appointed and served the needs of myself and my 3 traveling companions.

I liked having the cabana set up for the week everyday no hassles getting a great position on the beach. You will pay $100 for the week (2 chairs + Umbrella set up for you). What is really cool is you can bring your own drinks right onto the beach because they do not offer food/beverage cabana service which in the ends saves you a lot of $$. You can order burgers and sandwiches from a place on the property when they are open which is never guaranteed.

The rentals I felt were reasonably priced. My only hiccup was I wanted to snorkel but did not have a divers flag (necessary for this area). The man in charge of the rentals chased me back to the beach when I ventured out to the reefs to see the tropical fish. If I return I will purchase the flag and will bring it along with me. I am sure they do not rent these due to liability issues. They also rent wave runners.

They gym on site is lame but across the street at their sister property there is a new gym which is much better. Unfortunately I found this out on my last full day there.

Being a timeshare property they approached me on my first day to offer me a $100 as a single to attend their offering. I kept saying no but realized we were in for 2 days of rain so I agreed to go. I found the experience pleasant probably because I'm well versed in timeshares due to my parent's owning so many. I also have several hundred thousand free hotel points at my disposal so they realized they were not going to get a sale out of me so they let me go quickly.

The only negative experiences were-1. One day when it rained it got very nice in the early afternoon the cabana people never came back so even though we paid for chair and umbrella set ups they were locked up. 2. On my last day a young man drowned in the pool next to the Tiki Bar. I rushed to the scene and pretty much took control of the situation asking for an AED machine (they do not have one) nor is the staff trained in CPR. With the help of a relative we got the boy 16 yrs old breathing but not conscious. We kept him warm and comfortable until the EMTs arrived. I hope and pray this young man is okay but due to extreme distress I felt for a week after the incident I never followed up. I did speak with the General Manager at the time and said at a minimum they need to get an AED machine in this resort. It can mean the difference between life and death and had this boy stopped breathing all together I am sure he would have died. For the record I am CPR certified but never dealt with any situation even close to this one, I just reacted without thought to helping this boy while others just stood by frozen.

Overall, Pompano has beautiful beaches and for what you are paying this resort offers a good value. I agree with the check in comments they are slow getting you into your room but they will offer you a place to leave your stuff so you can go to the beach while you wait. We arrived around 2 and got to our room finally about 3:30.

Final mention goes out to the women running the conceirge service they were wonderful & I enjoyed speaking with them everyday during my visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank terry0705
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were looking for a place to relax for a weekend and without knowing we found this hotel, in a great location, very combining , centrally located to shopping and restaurants. The room was amazing and clean,full kitchen , 2 rooms with full bathrooms, and with washer and dryer. I recommend this place!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends