Beachcomber Resort and Villas
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$192
$179
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Shores Resort(Pompano Beach)(Great Value!)
$75
$119
The Palms On Ocean(Pompano Beach)
$79
$209
$161
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
$154
Ebb Tide Oceanfront Resort(Pompano Beach)(Great Value!)
$113
$107
Travelocity
Sea Horse Motel(Pompano Beach)(Great Value!)
$99
Surfside Resort(Pompano Beach)(Great Value!)
$169
Hotwire.com
Wyndham Royal Vista(Pompano Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,438 results
All reviewsocean frontoceanfront roomlounge chairsacross the streetpool areapalm treeshigher flooran older hotellarge balconygreat view of the oceanking bedtiki hutlauderdale by the seathe entire stafffort lauderdalelove this placebeautiful beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 24, 2005

The reason why I was disappointed is very simple. Nobody likes to live in a room as dark as a basement. Unfortunately, that was what I got when I stayed at the Beachcomber in the mid of December, 2005.

There was only one small and dirty window in the room, facing north, with a view of a block of an apartment building. The furniture and coffee mugs were all in dark color. The bed-side lamps and the table lamp were so dull that I had a hard time to see things clearly both in day and night time.

Further more, the small bathroom made me feel like that I were in a bathroom on an air plane...

I thought it would be nice to choose a hotel next to the beach. But for the room condition like that, it is really not worth it at all. There are many nice beaches around the area free to public, so it is no point to sacrifice.

• Stayed: December 2005
4  Thank Mimi_Canada
Reviewed December 21, 2005

During our stay in November 2005 we had to change our plans and shorten our stay from seven nights to six. We talked to the staff at the front desk, who assured us that we would only be charged for six nights. When we got home, we found that we had been charged for seven nights. We called the hotel manager, who rigidly quoted their cancellation policy and would not give us a refund for the seventh night. We will not stay at this hotel again and will not recommend it to anyone.

4  Thank tndancer
A TripAdvisor Member
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed December 15, 2005

Everyone from reception desk to bar to maids were polite, friendly, and accommodating! We stayed in the tower adjacent to the heated pool which was wonderul for taking off the night December chill.

Our room was very clean including the microwave and refrigerator. While the carpet had some wear and the bathroom grout a little stained, its nothing that I don't have at home!

We loved being able to order room service for breakfast and dine on our balcony overlooking the pool and ocean. Perfect R&R get away!

Restaurant had limited menu but great food. Ribeye prepared perfectly, chopped salad was awesome and the blackened salmon with orange glaze on the side, yummy. Check out the early bird specials and happy hour for great value.

If you look around they are still recovering from hurricane Wilma. Minor damage to structure and landscape, but if you take a beach walk you will see some hotels in area weren't so lucky.

Convenience and drug stores across the street with more choices within 4 blocks. Easy walk to Pompano Pier (highly recommend raw bar at Fisherman's Warf!!!). Moderate walk to Lauderdale-on-the-Sea Pier with many choices for shopping and dining. We we got shopped out and took taxi back for under $10.

We rented a car from EZ because it was cheaper than the taxi fare and gave us the opportunity to visit the Everglades. Otherwise if your into hanging at the hotel and/or walking, I'd recommend their limo service or taxi's to get around.

NOTE: If you go you'll have to do it soon!
It is rumored the Marriott is purchasing this lovely property for development and they will close it in late 2006 for renovations. A shame as we thought we had found the ultimate get-a-way!

• Stayed: December 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Orlando, Fl
Reviewed October 23, 2005

I took my husband there as a suprise for his birthday. I booked the trip online and I was nervous about how the resort would be once we arrived. We were stunned...It was gorgeous! The room was done in rich European colors and style and the walk out balcony has a breathtaking view of the Ocean! We booked our next long weekend before we even checked out! You will love it there

• Stayed: October 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 15, 2005

I stayed at the Beachcomber Resorts and Villa for one night during my trip this past October. If I had known that I would receive such a warm reception at the Beachcomber, I would have stayed there during my entire Florida trip. I am extremely grateful at the kindness that I received from the staff members. My room was clean and although it was the European styled rooms it was spacious. I absolutely loved the furniture that was in the room. It was oversized and one of those imported numbers which gave the room this unmistakable Caribbean feel. Although my plans were to stay locked away in my room that night, I ventured out, sampled a pina colada at the bar and sat out on the beach. The next day, I parked myself out under the thatched hut palapa thingy, read, napped, woke up, nursed another pina colada, ate lunch at the tiki bar, frolicked in the ocean, layed out in the wet sand and rolled around like a kid before my time ran out. When it did, I checked out, stored my suitcases and went back out under the palapa and read, napped and nursed a corona. It was the most relaxing day of my trip. I highly recommend this hotel and will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2005