Decided to take a short getaway to the sunny south with my 19 yr.old daughter, and booked this on-line after weeks of searching. We stayed from Monday to Friday, enjoying the warm ie.low 70's temps. Our last day was mid 80's! We were given a room on the 3rd floor near the corner of the building so that the balcony had a wonderful view overlooking the pool and seeing the ocean. All balconies overlook the pool and would have an ocean glimpse.
The decor is mediterranean....dark wood....not really my taste but who cares we were not there for the interior decorating. Our room had a king sized bed which was perfect. Internet access was free and worked well...my daughter kept in touch with friends of course!!
We awoke daily to the sound of waves and chirping birds...walking out on the balcony we would enjoy the breeze, view and the really nice patio furniture each balcony had. The 2 pool guys were always prepping the pool area for the day, vacuuming the pool bottom and rinsing the nice tiled deck area. I was impressed by the lush vegetation/landscaping as it gave the feeling of being more south like in the Dominican.
The food at the hotel here is excellent quality...large portions, we did share a couple of things on occasion when we did take-out. The price is not cheap but since the quality and portions were generous I did not mind paying. You might want to order your morning coffee to go as it is $2.50 off the menu, and only $1 as takeout when you're leaving the restaurant.
My daughter and I loved the greek omelet with feta and spinach, as well as one of the best hamburgers I have ever had!
We did not have a car, but had no big plans to go anywhere really. We did take 2 buses to get to the GALLERIA Mall one evening which was quite nice.
The concierge was helpful, assisted us in booking an early morning shuttle bus to the airport...$35 for the 2 of us.
The area of Pompano here is very built up...many high-rise condos and time shares that surround this 8 storey hotel.
The little bar by the pool is convenient, makes good drinks but overpriced...I enjoyed the pina coladas and light beer on a couple of occasions.
We were in the ocean on the last day where my daughter got stung by a jellyfish on the side of her knee. She did not see it and there was barely a mark but it did sting for 10 minutes or so.
Overall , I wish we were back there and would have loved to enjoy it with our whole family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- change Primary photo from ownerphoto edit ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Beachcomber Resort and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachcomber Resort And Villas Hotel Pompano Beach
- Beachcomber Hotel Pompano Beach
- Beachcomber Resort Pompano Beach
- Beachcomber Resort Villas
- Pompano Beach Beachcomber