My wife and I try to get to Florida at least once a year. If we aren't going on a cruise, we try to stay in the Fort Lauderdale area. This is one of the hotels that we frequent.
The hotel has a very Mediterranean feel to it, which we enjoy. The ocean view balconies are actually on the side of the building, overlooking the pool area. You can, indeed see the ocean from the room, but if you are towards the front of the building, the view looks pretty distant. We have stayed in rooms closer to the beach in the ocean view category that were very nice. There is probably only 40 yards difference between the two rooms' distance to the beach, but for some reason it seems to make a difference.
We have stayed in both low-floor and high-floor rooms... you want to request a high floor, as the pool can be somewhat noisy, and being on a lower floor exacerbates it.
The beach access is good, the sand is soft and clean, and the ocean is gorgeous. The pool area is very nice, the Tiki bar was very nice as well. The only employee that stood out to us was Kelly. She was very nice, very friendly, very accomodating. it has been at least a year since I have been to this resort, and I still remembered her name... and I usually can't remember $&*%^.... so that tells you something right there.
We didn't use the restaurant, so I can't comment on that. The room itself was pretty nice, but the door leading to the balcony was rusted a little and you could tell that they painted over the rust. I understand that there are salt water spray issues right by the ocean that can cause this sort of thing... but on a couple of the doors during our many stays, well, they should have been replaced. If someone wanted to come through the door, it wouldn't have taken much.
The WIFI sucked so bad that we had to turn on the hotspot feature on my phone. Routers are cheap, people... repeaters are cheap as well. No reason in this day and age to have crappy wifi signal.
We will definitely return to this hotel some day... probably sooner than later.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- change Primary photo from ownerphoto edit ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Beachcomber Resort and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachcomber Resort And Villas Hotel Pompano Beach
- Beachcomber Hotel Pompano Beach
- Beachcomber Resort Pompano Beach
- Beachcomber Resort Villas
- Pompano Beach Beachcomber