Beachcomber Resort and Villas
$169
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
The Palms On Ocean(Pompano Beach)
$79
$134
Sea Horse Motel(Pompano Beach)(Great Value!)
$85
Sea Steps Suites(Pompano Beach)(Great Value!)
$85
Shores Resort(Pompano Beach)(Great Value!)
$99
$79
Sea Cove Motel(Pompano Beach)
$62
$58
$154
Orbitz.com
Wyndham Palm-Aire(Pompano Beach)
TripAdvisor
Wyndham Sea Gardens(Pompano Beach)
TripAdvisor
1,452 results
All reviewsocean frontoceanfront roomlounge chairsacross the streetlove this placepool areapalm treeshigher flooran older hotelice machinelarge balconyking bedgreat view of the oceantiki hutlauderdale by the seathe entire stafffort lauderdale
Reviewed November 21, 2013

First out of the gate, MAKE SURE TO CONTACT THE HOTEL AFTER YOU RESERVE A ROOM ON THE WEBSITE. I was informed by the front desk that they do not guarantee any bed configuration, even if you reserve it as such on the website. Upon further investigation, it is stated this in small text on the website. If you do not contact them, they will contact you. Not a deal breaker, but an important tidbit if you have specific needs.

For us, I was traveling with family and needed 2 beds, which is what I reserved. The hotel upgraded us to a 1 bedroom villa. When we questioned it, the front desk wasn't very helpful and claimed she couldn't understand our displeasure since what we got was nearly double the cost of what we reserved. It was nice to have the upgrade but it did put a kink in plans since one of our party ended up sleeping on the couch cushions on the floor as the pull out was horribly uncomfortable. After the stay I had a discussion with the manager of the hotel. Basically, there was a mixup and we could have approached the hotel again the next night to ask to be put into a room we had booked. The only reason this didn't happen was miscommunication. We assumed that when the clerk at the front desk said she wouldn't be able to put us anywhere else that she meant for the duration of our stay. So we didn't ask. This is a lesson learned on my part and again, the manager discussed with me ways to insure things like this doesn't happen in the future.

Behind our villa there was a service corridor for staff. There were times in the morning where it literally sounded like they were doing construction in the corridor. I was woken up 2 mornings prior to 7am. Again, the manager of the hotel has assured me he will look into this matter and see to it that it ceases in the future.

PROS: Nice beach with plenty of open space. Cabanas/Chairs are a bit pricey, but a nice add on. The A/C in the villa was top notch, froze us out most nights. Bathroom was clean, big open shower, and plenty of natural light. Medium sized fridge saved us some money on eating out and kept us in cold drinks. Location along Hwy A1A makes it easy to get to, as well as it's proximity to Atlantic Blvd. Pompano Beach proper is just down the road, which has lifeguards if that is important to you. The heated pool near the tiki bar is nice.

All in all, the stay was good and after a discussion with the manager, I would definitely stay here again and recommend someone else to stay as well. I had a 15 minute long conversation with the manager, AFTER we had left for the airport, in which we discussed my issues, which I detailed in a previous, not-too-nice review. He then followed up with 2 emails.

Frankly, I have to applaud Mr. Miller on his skill as a manager, he showed me that is important to allow the human element to make an attempt to effect a correction of a negative. If I learned anything from my stay here at the Beachcomber is it, "If you have questions, don't be afraid to ask the front desk and if you aren't satisfied ... always ask again."

Room Tip: Be sure to follow up with the hotel to insure the room you want is the room you get.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We very much enjoyed our stay here. The staff was friendly and helpful. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. We reserved an ocean front room and loved the view. It was so nice to open our door, sit on the balcony and relax. The hotel is older and has some quirks (like narrow halls) but our room had been redecorated and updated and we enjoyed it. We would stay again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2013

It's unusual you can find a place like this for under $100 per night. The Room was nice, view of the ocean was great as was the food in the restaurant. Right now they are doing some renovations so that's a minor inconvenience. Overall a great value.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ron B
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. The beach is clean and beautiful. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. The staff went above and beyond for me during my stay. The tiki bar is very nice and the bartenders are so nice and friendly. I have been here more than once and hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Beach front rooms have large balconies with a beautiful view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Our room overlooked palm trees that were backed up by the Atlantic ocean. This is a nice property with quiet sitting areas for you to read a book and listen to the ocean. There is a palm shaded garden area where you can sit in Adirondack chairs and sip on your coffee or beverage will talking to friends or lie in one of the two hammocks as you sway in the breeze.
This is a well kept private hotel with large rooms that all either have an ocean view or are ocean side. The water is blue in South Florida so it is a nice place to swim or sit on the beach.
This is family owned and many of the staff had been there for years and have a great knowledge of the local area.
I would have given the property an excellent rating, but they were building a new tiki hut over the shuffleboard area, so the saws kinda ruined the quiet sound of the ocean. I realize that it will be a great improvement for future guests so I didn't mind too much. It was fun to watch the guys build it over the two days we were there.

Room Tip: Ask for an Ocean side room if available! Fantastic views of the ocean! Also, there are a lot of returning guests during the winter months, so you can ask them where to go for the best food and sight see in the area. Steve has been working the poolside bar for 13 years. He can give you directions to the 10th of a mile and good information on just about every local establishment.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple