“Felt like I was back in Jamaica”

Beachcomber Resort and Villas
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
“Felt like I was back in Jamaica”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

I felt like i was in a tropical paradise! The ocean view and sunrise we spectacular! The grounds surrounding thee resort were meticulous! And the friendliness of the workers,pleasant and always greeting us w hello and a smile .i would especially like to comment on the lovely girl that worked at the frt desk Latoria Johnson, she was friendly, helpful, knowledgable and above all professional . Our questions and concerns were handled promptly, this place is a gem as well as Latoria Johnson is! We will be back to visit them both.

• Stayed January 2013
4 Thank AandMIke
BeachcomberPompano, General Manager at Beachcomber Resort and Villas, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you AandMike for the nice review. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Especially appreciate you making a special mention about Latoria's hospitable attitude. Latoria is one of our seasoned veterans and has been with us for almost a decade (If you saw her and knew that; you would think she started with us when she was 12 years old). We will make sure we recognize Latoria for being mentioned in your Trip Advisor review. Thanks for taking the time to post this review and for being our guest. We hope you will be back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (435)
Minneapolis, Mn.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Recently spent seven days at the Beachcomber. Have stayed at this property multiple times the past ten years or so and have seen a number of different management groups in charge. I did encounter some service problems in the past but based on my recent stay the current management seems to be doing just fine. I always book the ocean front king rooms primarily for the large balconys with terrific views of the beach and ocean. The ocean front rooms do cost a bit more, but I still think they are reasonably priced compared to other ocean front rooms at similar properties in this area. For example, I often stay at the newer Wyndam hotel in Deerfield Beach which is a very nice newly remodeled property, but their ocean front kings go for around $300 a night compared to the Beachcombers $185 a night. My room on the 8th floor was just fine but a little worn in places and the TV is not high-definition with limited channels. However, the housekeeping was good with my room always serviced by at least 1:00 pm. Had room service one evening and the food was good and reasonably priced. Parking is free which is not usually the case at some of the other local properties. Overall, I would say that the price-point on this property more than makes up for the somewhat older and worn rooms and don't forget those terrific views from the ocean front rooms!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Trekman
BeachcomberPompano, General Manager at Beachcomber Resort and Villas, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thanks for the nice review Trekman, appreciate the compare and contrast in your narrative. Glad to see that you think we're doing a good job here. Also appreciate you pointing out that unlike other resorts located directly on the beach we do NOT charge for parking (nor do we charge a resort fee or for Wi-Fi).

Hope that when your travels bring you back to the area you will stay with us again as we do believe we do offer a the right price value for what the Beachcomber is all about in comparison to other properties with similar features, amenities, and location. Of course we also take great pride in our level of customer service.

Thanks so much!
New Albany, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Just got back from 3 days at the Beachcomber. First time ... will be back. The place is older but kept up well. This is a family owned business and it shows. Many of the service staff have been there for MANY years that says something! I mean the parking attendant has been there 32 years. (Yes, I know I am nosy but I asked each employee) The large Mediterranean Balcony is spectacular, I mean a person could spent all day relaxing there. The place has a TIKI bar and restaurant. The food is good, the service (Gloria and Stevie and the others) is spectacular and view ... well ..is great.
I recommend it.

Room Tip: We had an OceanFront room. The view and the sound was great, but I believe the Oceanview rooms would...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bob W
Hi Bob W, thanks so much for being our guest not to mention the very kind review. Thanks for being our guest. We hope you come back real soon.
fort lee,nj
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Beachcomber in Pompano Beach for just 1 night on January 22nd. I was happy w the overall ecperience. My room was clean, my bed was comfortable and the hotel is conveniently located on a quiet stretch of beach. The entire staff was very friendly. The dining tables next to the pool were nice unfortunately the burger I ordered wasn't. I think I'll stay there again though I might not eat lunch at the hotel on my next visit.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank brianonvacation
Coral Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stay here every chance we get. We love this hotel so much. They always go above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. The lush tropical gardens make this place so unique. The balcony in our room had beautiful views of the ocean and pool area. The food is also very good. The tiki bar also makes unusal drinks that are so delicious. They also had music by the pool and he was very entertaining. They also offer wifi so we can work away from home. We ship ac and furnace filters throughout the usa and we never charge extra for shipping. Our company is AC Filters 4 Less.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the pool are the best location. You can see the ocean and the sunrises are so beaut...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mark P
Thanks Mark P, your vote of confidence means a lot to us, especially because you are one of our loyal stay-cationers. Nice to know that you basicially can drive about a half an hour from home and feel as though you're on vacation. How 'bout that?

We appreciate you taking the time to write this thoughful and kind review.

Hope to see you back with us real soon.

Thank you!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Fantastic oceanfront resort-large beachfront area with two (2) outdoor pools (1 heated pool), tiki bar w/poolside tables food & drink service, shuffleboard & hammocks for guest use. Restaurant pricing reasonable-food exceptional in taste & potion size. Best chicken parmigiana! Very clean room accommodations. All staff polite, professional and pleasant. In particular, Javier @ pool shop was awesome! He was extremely helpful with local sightseeing tips, etc. and he really made our stay more enjoyable! Looking forward to returning again soon. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this resort.

Room Tip: European Rooms do not come with an in-room refrigerator but can be requested for an additional nomin...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AuntMaddie
BeachcomberPompano, General Manager at Beachcomber Resort and Villas, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thanks AuntMaddie (not our real aunt, just her user name), very much appreciate the very positive and kind review. So glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Rest assured we will share your compliments with Javier and recognize him for being mentioned in this review. Thanks for being our guest and taking the time to post about your stay with us.
Delray Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

My employer had our holiday party here in December andpaid for all of us to stay overnight in oceanview rooms which was awesome. My husband and I ended up with a double room as all of the king rooms were taken but that wasnt a problem. Our room was on the 7th floor in room 709 and had a very large balcony facing the pool and ocean which was beautiful! They have a safe that is activated by your room key which was a plus. They have 2 lounge chairs on the balcony that were placed together and hubby and I could relax and enjoy the sun rise which was gorgeous! The staff at check in was very friendly and professional and accomodated us in wanting a room on the highest leven possible. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms overall were very clean. There's a mini fridge which is a plus to keep bottled water in for the beach. Our hooliday party was in their bar and dining room and the food was pretty good. Drinks were good at the tiki by the pool. The bartenders were awesome! They made a special drink named after our company which was delicious! The parking was a little weird but most of the hotels on Ocean Blvd are that way. We were sure where to park but the door person helped us with that. They do need to update the tv's to flat screens but we didnt really watch much tv anyway. I'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the higher floors and as close to the beach side for beautiful ocean views.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to post such a nice review. Please also thank your boss for holding your company's holiday party and arranging overnight room accommodations for your co-workers attending the event with us. Very smart.

I am sure you realize a great review on Trip Advisor is never too late and always appreciated.

As for the parking areas, yes we have parking on both sides of the road, but do have more than adequate parking for guests (and sorry that sometimes we get very busy and some may have to park across the street.

By the way, we just unloaded a shipment of flat screen TVs today and over the next few weeks we will be installing them in all of the rooms that still have tube TVs. Hopefully in a few weeks every room at the Beachcomber will have a flat screen TV.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pompano Beach
Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa
Sands Harbor Hotel and Marina Pompano Beach
Oceans Beach Resort & Suites
Oceans Beach Resort & Suites
#21 of 36 in Pompano Beach
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront
Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A Noble House Resort
Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A No...
#10 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,580 reviews
Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
Newport Beachside Hotel and Reso...
#6 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
3.5 of 5 bubbles 3,343 reviews

Been to Beachcomber Resort and Villas? Share your experiences!