Stayed Nov 5-9 in room 801 - Oceanview.
Overall a great value for the money.
Positives: Directly on a very nice section of beach. Nice, well kept pools. The main pool by the Tiki bar is kept at a nice warm temp. Lots of nice lounge chairs and tables with shade for eating. Cushions for the lounge chairs are an extra $2/day.
Food at tiki bar was very good. HIghly recommend it for lunch and appetizers. Drinks were expensive. Staff all very friendly. Wish they had music playing at the pool - it was only at the tiki bar. No A/C in the lobby. Elevators have been updated and are very fast.
We had a king bed - ocean view room. The room was spacious and clean and the bed itself comfortable. However, very dark ambience. I would prefer a more updated / bright look. But.. it was still very very nice.
Bed was very comfy. Loved the balcony with 2 large lounge chairs - with cushions! Could see the sun rise over the ocean in the morning and set over the city in the evening.
Dislikes; There is only 1 ice machine on the lobby floor. It did work very well and had lots of ice when we needed it. But, would be nice to have more.
I really disliked the bedding ! I would rate this hotel better if the rooms were brightened up and the bedding was upgraded. The 'comforter' was only a sheet covered with an old scratchy blanket and then another sheet. They come apart and is not warm or comfortable. Please upgrade to duvets on your beds ! Other than that.. no complaints about the hotel and would definitely stay again.
The area is very quiet. If you are looking for alot of bars and night life, it is not at or near this hotel. You will have to walk approx 20 minutes to where there are a few more bars and shops. Again.. not a big night life.
Directly across the street there is a small bar 'Stingers'. Great food.. specialize in pizza. They do have a karaoke bar there also. There is also a small convenience store and a beach/souvenir store .. across the street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- change Primary photo from ownerphoto edit ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Beachcomber Resort and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachcomber Resort And Villas Hotel Pompano Beach
- Beachcomber Hotel Pompano Beach
- Beachcomber Resort Pompano Beach
- Beachcomber Resort Villas
- Pompano Beach Beachcomber