“Rest & Relaxation” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Albany, New York
“Rest & Relaxation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

Front desk staff was welcoming and fun (Brian was very helpful). We were in Fort Lauderdale for business on Thursday/Friday and decided to stay an extra two days as a respite from the northern winter. We couldn't have picked a more relaxing, peaceful location. Huge beachfront room, great view from the large balcony, terrific beach staff and that gorgeous sunshine.
Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ocean front was fabulous - we were on the eight foor. But I think there are pretty nice view from th...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Pineview3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
Needham, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

This is my second stay at the Beachcomber. The rooms are very comfortable and attractive-a comfy bed is a must for me! There is a small but well heated pool, and lots of private beach. I love that the rooms have big balconies (big enough for 2 lounge chairs), with great view of the ocean. We sleep with the sliding door open and clearly hear the crash of the waves. There is poolside lunch and snack service (and bar service), breakfast is delicious and moderately priced, room service available--everything you need to relax on the beach for a few days, and again, at a fair price. Excellent value for the money.

Room Tip: Ask for "ocean view" room...all face south and have balconies.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Barbara M
kutztown, pa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

We recently stayed for one night pre-cruise. We had taken a week for a road trip adventure to drive down from Pa and really didn't want to stay in the craziness of Fort Lauderdale.
I reserved an oceanfront room and at first was disappointed when we got a room on the first floor after hearing all the raves about the upper floor views. But entering the room it was so lovely and so easy to bop out to the beach and pool that we were happy. Staff at the front desk were upbeat and helpful, especially when it came to advice on getting to Port Everglades. The bartender is alot of fun.
What can I say??? Nice room, good bed, fun pool and beach.
Oh yes--in a bit of an insane moment I did get up at 5:30 and yes--you can see the cruiseships sail into port in the distance, just in case you needed to know that your ship has come in.

1 Thank mountainmare
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

My twin sister and I flew to Ft. Lauderdale from Charleston, WV in celebration of our 50th birthday. We had originally booked the Ocean Manor at Galt Ocean Mile. After cancelling at the OM the 1st day of our trip (long story....filthy flop house), we came across the Beachcomber to finish out our stay in the area. The staff were wonderful and so accommodating. They recognized our plight and put us in a lovely 5th floor, ocean view room at a very affordable rate! Our stay there was joyous. The appointed details of the hotel interior and the architectural style of the resort, was quite unique and charming. We so enjoyed our roomy balcony with cushioned chaise lounges! Everything you needed was right there, and everyone was so kind and friendly. We hope to visit there again very soon. Thank you Margaret, Ed and Brian for making our stay there so wonderful!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kari d
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

Like SusanGP, I too read previous reviews and was skeptical about staying here. That all changed when I called to reconfirm my reservation and Bernard helped me choose a more suitable room based on the length of time I was staying. When I arrived I understood what he meant as an extremely friendly Latoria and Brian gave me an 8th floor room with a spectacular view of the ocean and the pool. WOW!! The room is large and beautifully furnished with subtle, relaxing colors. The bed is huge and comfortable. I slept like a baby. The door leading to the balcony has plantation shutters which is so much better than blinds or curtains. The balcony has two large and comfortable lounge chairs. I love the refrigerator and microwave which allows me to have my favorite fresh squeezed orange juice, sweet tea, and snacks, like popcorn, immediately available. The shower is the best you will find anywhere. Thank God for old plumbing - you get the full force of the shower and it is absolutely exhilarating. The housekeeping staff is so friendly and did a very thorough job of cleaning the room. The common areas are very clean and well maintained which made me think that the previous reviews were mostly written during the extensive renovation period. I don't know about other rooms, but this 8th floor room is tremendous. I am speaking in the present tense as I am writing this review as I sit in my lounge chair on the balcony. I just couldn't wait to add my two cents and let everyone know that this is not a place to be missed. I had thought about staying at B Ocean in the beginning and am so glad I did not as I saw it yesterday and it is on the opposite side of the street (away from the ocean) and in the midst of the busy "boardwalk" area. This place is ideal for couples and those wishing to enjoy a peaceful retreat. There are plenty of restaurants in driving distance or you can just eat and drink downstairs. I read where someone mentioned the small television. If you came here to watch tv, you should have stayed home! Well, gotta turn off the computer and enjoy the rest of my trip. This will be my place to stay from now on. Make it yours as well - you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Upper floors provide the best views of the ocean.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LadyDJNorthCarolina
Manalapan, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

I read the previous reviews and expected some rudeness, some disappointment ie: loud noise, ongoing construction. We found none of that; from check-in to check-out the staff was so friendly and happy to accommodate. The premises are immaculate with lovely well cared for gardens. The view spectacular from our ocean and city view balcony. We've stayed in several hotels along the beach from Miami to Boca Raton and never had such a large balcony with two cushioned lounge chairs! The lounge is small but cozy. Last night they featured a wonderfully talented singer. Food and drinks are of good quality. I can't say anything negative and if you've read any of my previous reviews, I usually have one or two!

Room Tip: I understand some rooms have not been renovated
2 Thank SusanGP_10
Marco Island, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

We stayed at the Beachcomber Resort and Villas for one night during our motorcycle trip around Florida. We had room 701 an Oceanview king room in the tower in the far corner. It was the only room on the floor where you had to walk outside to get to it but afforded us another view of the Pompano Beach from the little balcony entry way to the room. The room was decorated tastefully but was very run down. The Air conditioning ran but did not cool the room at all so we slept with the door slider open all night listening to a very loud Central A/C unit cooling the rest of the hotel. The refrigerator was dented and had a broken foot pad so it was all lopsided. We had to put a phone book under it so it would at least stand up straight. The bathroom was very dirty. The bed sheets did not fit the bed and kept pulling up to reveal a disgustingly nasty mattress. The TV was outdated with a limited number of channels.
The balcony was large and had a nice view. If they would just update and clean the rooms this place would be perfect!
The most positive aspect of this hotel is the restaurant. The food was delicious and the service impeccable! They have a great piano bar and a very talented gentleman was playing the guitar and singing. Highly recommend the bar and restaurant. The hotel.. not so much.
We would not stay here again but I would visit the restaurant again.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Kathy M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pompano Beach
Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa
Sands Harbor Hotel and Marina Pompano Beach
Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A Noble House Resort
Pelican Grand Beach Resort, A No...
#11 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,528 reviews
Oceans Beach Resort & Suites
Oceans Beach Resort & Suites
#24 of 36 in Pompano Beach
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Pompano Beach/Oceanfront
Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
Newport Beachside Hotel and Reso...
#6 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
3.5 of 5 bubbles 3,300 reviews

Been to Beachcomber Resort and Villas? Share your experiences!