“Tasty!!”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I had Grandma's Pizza and my husband had the Seafood over linguini platter. My pizza was one of the best I have had in FL and my husband is still talking about the seafood platter (2 weeks later). First of all it was huge and filled with all types of seafood and lots of it. Unlike most places that are skimpy on the seafood over linguini. I tasted it too and the sauce was very good. We were both pleased and had enough take out for another meal. Definitely recommend this place and will go again when we visit.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had a grandma pizza for takeout. It was a good pie. The cheese topping was just right, neither too much or too little. The sauce was excellent. The crust was good but not great. If the crust had been better it would have ranked as one of the better pies I have had in Florida. The staff was friendly and we were greeted as soon as we walked in the door. Would we go back? Yes, at least for the pizza.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

place has gone downhill for sure. The salad was kind of wilted. the pizza was ok, but not that great. not planning to go there again, and i wouldnt be surprised if it lasted at this location, because i almost never see anyone in the driveway or the front deck.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I try and visit Umberto's whenever I visit the Pompano area which is maybe once per year. I always get their grandma pizza and a main entree and I'm never disappointed. Their sauce is very good and their pizza and never "wimpy" or doughy. Very reliable place. Service is decent.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Having read so many outstanding reviews we were anxious to get to Umberto's Pizza. But the waiter at first displayed a lack of knowledge of his role as well as personality. He needed to confer with the receptionist. My wife and I finally ordered a thin crust pizza with four of the toppings plus glasses of wine. Around us tables of regular customers began filling up and the noise level increased.
The thin crust satisfied our preference and the pizza itself tasted okay except I thought something was missing. My wife said, ``Oregano.'' Right, but that was a $2 extra, which we thought should not be an extra. Overall decent experience. The price of $22 for a simple chicken pasta seemed quite high, so we had settled on the pizza.