“Former Gem Under New Ownership”

The Riverside Grille
Ranked #108 of 362 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Formerly Joe's Riverside Grille, The Riverside Grille boasts its fresh, high-quality fare. Located at the Sands Harbor Resort & Marina, you can enjoy waterfront dining with our breathtaking vistas of the intracoastal. Now open at 11:00 am for lunch. Enjoy our free wi-fi for your internet needs. We anticipate your visit and the opportunity to serve you!
Reviewed October 30, 2011

This place was fantastic when operated by it's former husband and wife team. New chef and ownership are now in place. I have to rate it as very average. Although most of the staff is the same, the food is not. I ordered clam chowder and oysters Rockefeller, and my wife ordered the seafood coquille. I spent thirty years in Seattle, so I know good chowder -this chowder was mostly potatoes which some people like, but the clams were sparce. I prefer more chowder and clams. If you like a lot of potatoes, this is for you. The oysters in the Rockefelter were tiny, laced in a watery hollendaise sauce with a lot of spinach spread over the top. It was not a good interpretation of the original recipie. My wife's coquille was very heavy and tasted very bland. The location is great, right off Atlantic Avenue, but the parking is very difficult and sparce. The restaurant is in dire need of a thorough cleaning and needs painting and refreshing. The whole place gives the feeling of not being sanitary. Outside seating is great with a wonderful view of the intercoastal waterway. The menu looks great, but the food is lacking in quality. Service was excellent. Hopefully the place will get a facelift and the chef will finally reach her stride. With so many fantastic restaurants in the area, I would look elsewhere before eating here again.
Would we go back? Not until we read that it has been refurbished.

1  Thank KTBlount
There are newer reviews for The Riverside Grille

Reviewed October 29, 2011

Great food, Clam Chowder to kill for. Fish plates great cozy deck outside

Reviewed October 15, 2011

We have been eating at Riverside Grille for the past three years when we visit Pompano Beach, FL. I had salmon , my husband had Zuppa di pesce and Mother in Law had Key Lime Grouper. Our dinners were tasty and great. My husband had dessert coconut-mango gelato. I took one bite and it was We love the view on the Inter coastal waterway.. Try it you'll like it.

Reviewed September 18, 2011

Great food, good service and great waterside table. Need I say more.

Reviewed July 15, 2011

The view was marvelous, the food delicious, the presentation extraordinary, the musician exceptional, the service very good.