New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Worst Dining Experience of my Life” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Christina's Cafe - CLOSED

Christina's Cafe
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Romantic
Brooklyn, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst Dining Experience of my Life”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

The food was mediocre at best. Except the Greek soup, which tasted like it was from a Campbells can. One star for semi-edible pita bread.

The place is overpriced to begin with, but occasionally has some good specials. But don't expect the owner, Christina, to honor the specials she advertises. Everything has fine print, be sure to double check.

The waiters are pretty good, but I cannot justify giving Christina's even one star in the "service" category due to how rude Christina herself was to us. She refused to honor a restaurants.com coupon that we had purchased, despite it stating clearly at the bottom "voucher does not expire", and went as far as to lock us inside her restaurant when we tried to leave, leaving the proper amount of money on the table, yelling at us, "Next time just go to McDonalds."

As my mother walked out of the restaurant to avoid confrontation and I stayed to square away the overcharged check, Christina told me "You are a young and beautiful girl-- just don't grow up to be like your mother."

Bottom line: Do not go to Christina's unless you have a very high tolerance for horribly offensive service.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Alisha L

Frankfort, Illinois
“Excellent Choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

I've eaten at Greek restaurants from Athens to Chicago. Christina's is authentic and good. Christina meets you at the door and pays attention to every patron. It is small and good.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank RCGorman
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

A very small personable restaurant. The owners greet every guest.
The food is good and very authentic.
I highly recommend it.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank 183RT
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
“Lucky that Flanagan's Was Too Busy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

Because we weren't planning to go to Christina's. We found this place on Trip Advisor after going to Flanagan's across the street, and we didn't want to wait 40 minutes.
The King ordered the beef stew and the Queen had the chicken marsala. Both were excellent. Besides the quality of our meals, the service was outstanding. There were three waitresses and a busboy, and each took care of us during our dining experience at Christina's. And they all did it with genuine smiles. We plan to re-visit again shortly and will look forward to it until then. Forget about Flanagan's!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank KingAtlanticCity
Florida
“Great Greek”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

There is quite a large selection of items considering the rather petite size of this lovely restaurant in Pompano Beach. Whether you're in the mood for hot or cold appetizers, a Greek salad, a vegetarian entrée, or a meat entrée, you will have plenty of choices. I eat gluten free and vegetarian and always find great selections. On this occasion, I chose stuffed grape leaves and a selection of dips with pita chips (I didn't eat those). My mother's Greek salad was large enough to share and to take some home. I always enjoy attentive service whether my server is Christina herself or another waitress. Ask about any specials.

• Visited November 2013