“The Best in South Florida”
Review of La Veranda

La Veranda
Ranked #69 of 363 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Family,friends,groups,corporate, outside italian courtyard
Reviewed July 24, 2009

We have been eating at La Veranda for years and make a point to eat there at least twice on every trip. The gnocchi is the best that I have had outside of italy. Do yourself a favor and check it out.

There are newer reviews for La Veranda

Reviewed April 18, 2009

Great food and a fun waitstaff. Portions are decent sized and unlimited garlic bread comes w/dinner, as does a salad. Chef could be more daring with spices however.
If you go, sit outside; it's a very cute area they have covered with bougenvillia.

Reviewed April 17, 2009

i have been going to this restaurant since the days they were very small and thats over 30 years ago,i now live in New Rochelle,N.Y and still treasure this place,without a doubt i would recommend it to anyone that loves Italian Food, i also miss Franco`s greetings:) and form time to time Pietros:)..i will be going there very soon:) to enjoy a plater of my favorite seafood ..L.S.Santos New Rochelle, N.Y.

1  Thank YankeeDoPorto
Reviewed January 22, 2009

There is some great italian food here if you can get past some shortcomings. When we arrived, we were ignored for a minute or two by all the waiters around the bar, and then escorted to a table in a corner near a work station. We had an early dinner, and only a handful of tables were occupied. The ceiling speaking were blasting 70's italian restaurant music - it was like cruise ship lounge music. The inside decor is dated, Too bad it was too cold for us to eat outside since that looked great.

My wife had the sea bass which was excellent. The chicken parm was great too. The creamy italian salad dressing was wonderful, and even the side of spaghetti marinara was perfect.

Our waiter tried to clear out table a little too soon - we felt rushed without reason.

Reviewed January 7, 2009

I have eaten at every damn Italian Restaurant worth its while in Broward and Palm Beach Cty. Growing up in NYC you become sor of jaded when it comes to good Italian food (and Chinese too).

I have paid 100's of dollars for dinner for my wife and I. We love gourmet food, but at times, we just love to enjoy a good , fresh, quality classic Italian dinner.

When we moved to Florida years ago, I about gave up on eating authentic Italian food that could rival some of the best standard fare Italian restaurants in NYC.

Many years ago I was introduced to La Veranda. A small place that has other top quality restaurants within blocks of it.

If you are looking for gourmet Italian food, La Veranda might not be the best choice. But, if you are looking for excellent interpretations of the classics (i.e. Veal Masala, Picata, Milanese, Parm, Shirmp) then there simply is better than La Veranda. I love the veal parm and the shrimp parm. Their fish is excellent.

Now with that said, there are other restaurants that are as good , but I believe will cost you approximately 25%-50% more. I travel from Boca Raton to eat at La Veranda when I have multiple Italian Restaurants within blocks of my home. None of them are as good as La Veranda.

I can count on this restaurant to serve me a quality meal at a fair price and the kicker is their wine prices (although limited on selection) is absolutely untouchable for restaurant wine prices. Where else can you get Tignanello at a Restaurant for $100. Esppecially a great year such as 2004.

If you want Gourmet, you can go to Arturo's in Boca and spend $200 a couple. Or you can go to La Veranda for the basics and spend $60-$70 a couple (wine not included).

What makes me drive all the way to Pompano Beach for La Veranda is the consistancy. I know I will have a good meal. It is one of the few restaurants I can say , I never had a bad meal.

For the budget minded. Salad and a side of pasta is included with the entree cost. The salad dressing is outstanding (House Italian) and while it is crowded upon entering, I have never had to wait more than 5 or 7 minutes to be seated when I had a reservation.

What more can you ask for. You get in my opinion, more than what you pay for, but don't expect gourmet Italian and don't expect the pasta to be like mama makes unless your order one of the speciality pasta dishes.

And.........what makes an Italian meal, italian? The sauces and you can't beat La Veranda for the best authentic marinara sauce. It reminds me of LIttle Italy in NYC.

2  Thank bocafoodie