All reviewsacross the streetkey westtimeshare pitchfull kitchentime shareparking garagewasher and dryerocean sidejacuzzi tubbedroom unittennis courtsmain poolwyndham propertiesshort walk to the beachactivity centerpompano beach areapalm trees
Reviewed December 7, 2009

We'd been in Ft. Lauderdale for Thanksgiving and moved the Saturday following to Wyndham. Ours was a studio unit 105 on the ocean side. Just right for the 2 of us, offering a kitchen with all the items needed to cook etc., microwave, dishwasher, blender, toster, paper towels, stove, coffee pot along with complementary coffee, tea, crystal light, sweetners, etc., they supplied us with a hair dryer, shampoo, conditioner and mouth wash, enough towels to last us the full week, however you could exchange if you wanted. Beach towels furnished. You could rent most water equipment for snorkling, jet ski, etc.. The queen bed was comfortable. Furnisherings were good, not the Ritz, but good enough for us. Tile flooring through out allowed for sandy feet. Bathroom quite large. We'd have preferred a different arrangement switching the bedroom area with the living area that way we would have been away from the air conditioner which was right next to the bed, but other than that the room was good. The activities were varied through out the day, offering things to do for all ages. 4 pools, however, we never found the 4th one nor did we locate the exercise room, but that's ok we were there to relax. It did have a place that served coffee, smoothies, rolls, soups, sandwiches, and most everything was good. Also, the resort had different days where you could purchase hamburgers, hot dogs, etc. The pool side Tki Bar was great, and the staff was wonderful. Everyone we encountered was wonderful. We'd go back, a great place for the family, maybe next year.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank BalueGould
Reviewed December 6, 2009

Ok since my title says it all let me explain: my fiancee and I were taking a weekend trip to see a family member so this was a WEEKEND accomodation. That being said, it was quite adequate. Decent location, nice clean accomodations (we had a studio) my only and MAJOR complaint which I FEEL QUITE STRONGLY ABOUT.

LET THE BUYER (TRAVELOR) BEWARE

We had a studio. It was a "lockout" (those being familiar with timeshars might know of this, although fortunately this does not apply to all....)

Therefore, the unaware travelor next to us, who was staying in the other unit, became our BALCONY PAL.

Yes, this I say is a major downfall! Who wants to share their balcony with total and complete strangers? Let me clarify this. Our balcony was off our bedroom, theirs was off who knows where? but it was a SHARED BALCONY! Fine for family and friends, but total strangers?

Think~ and complain about this!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2009

What can I say? This was just the most amazing hotel ever! It turned out to be the best vacation I ever had, thanks to Sea Gardens! I actually real a lot of reviews on some site that was only for reviews of hotels, restaurants, etc. And let me tell you, they were just horrible! There was someone who said that he supposedly found six cockroaches on his bed right when he walked in at first, and he said that he went there on August 2, 2009. I was going on the 7th and I was terrified. It was too late to cancel the airline tickets anyway. I live in the LA County, so it’s not like I live in Florida to be able to cancel when I want. I had planned this trip for months! My whole family was convinced that this was going to be a really bad, dirty place, and that we would regret booking this hotel in the first place! Even though they had just finished doing construction! And it should have been sparkling…..and guess what! When we got there, it was! It was amazing there. The rooms were so beautiful, clean, and just glittering all over! The kitchen had a microwave, oven, toaster, fridge, freezer, and a dishwasher. Everything we needed. That night, we had movie night with that movie theater butter popcorn, it was all so great! The bedrooms and bathrooms were so nice and neat and pretty and we had a balcony with the view of this lake, and we would always go outside there and watch the boats and yachts there. The hotel had three pools and two or three jacuzzis. Though I’m not sure about one of the pools, I saw it from the second floor but we never really went to that one. The other one was in the middle of our building, but outside, and surrounded by beautiful paths of gardens and flowers and it had a tiki bar hut next to it. They sold martinis, margaritas, smoothies, etc. There were lots of tables out there, and a little tiny wooden bridge and under it, something that looked like a pond except with crystal clear waters and some tiny waterfalls. It was all so beautiful! There was a small wooden swing surrounded by green flowers and it looked as if it had been pulled out of a fairytale. There was another pool as well. It was the cleanest of all, but the other ones were really clean too and very clear. It was so nice and cold! Perfect when you really need to escape all that warmth. When you get out of the sea gardens entrance, you’d have to just cross the crosswalk and there’d be the pool. It was right next to the beach. So close, that when you took three steps out of the pool, there would be the sand from the beach! The hotel’s service was great, too. The employees there helped us book a cruise to the beautiful, Grand Bahama Island in the Bahamas. They helped us with driving directions to Key West in the Florida Keys as well. Oh yes, and the location of the hotel was perfect. Even though the hotel doesn’t have a restaurant inside, there are so many nearby, about only ten minutes away! There were lots of popular restaurants which we were familiar to us from back here in California. The location was fairly close to other famous Florida cities, like for example, Fort Lauderdale and best of all Miami, famous for its nightlife. But besides the nightlife, it’s still a great place to visit. If you actually do ever go to Florida on business or leisure vacation, make sure you visit Miami while your there. Overall, this was just a splendid hotel!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Yelena24
Reviewed November 19, 2009

We rented a beachside efficiency here for one week "extra vacation" through RCI,our trading company that our timeshare uses.The location is just OK if you are not in the beachside units.Most of the resort is across the street from the beach.The efficiency unit that we received was tiny for two adults and two young kids,but you get what you pay for.In any case,the larger units were across the street and we want to be directly on the beach,so it was OK.The units have been recently upgraded,so the decor was nice.It would have been very easy to place a privacy barrier between the queen bed and the pull out couch but the entire unit was left open.The huge square coffee table and a few lamps had to be re-located to the corner in order to provide extra living space.A much smaller coffee table would have sufficed.The bathroom was small but adequate.Double sinks were helpful.There is a safe.The efficiencies on the North side also have a mini washer/dryer which was helpful too.Could not get the jacuzzi in the tub to work.The kitchen was placed just next to the front door,so anyone entering and/or exiting interfered with anyone cooking a meal.Well stocked kitchen(utensils).The balcony was so narrow that it was unusable except to stand on for the beautiful view/breeze.The one real gripe I have is that the jet ski franchise that uses the premisies did not empty their garbage.I asked three times before it was done.Excuses from Wyndham staff "That's not our responsibility...they're supposed to empty it..." I even spoke with the night manager and it was not emptied.A foul odor from our balcony and each time we walked by it on the way to the pool.The pool,by the way,was nearly within jumping distance from our balcony.Almost never crowded,it was highly preferrable to the ones across the street where all of the "action" was.The beach was nice,although the young man who was watching the waterski franchise(they also rent out beach lounges) for his uncle(?) who actually owned it,was very hard-edged and rude.Typical teen with an attitude.One would think that one would be polite to people who provide ones' bread.Not a chance.Don't even dare to sit on their precious lounges sans cushions...for even one minute...without forking over $20. The resort on the street side has a lot of activities going on...mostly centered around the tiki bar.They have bingo,shuffleboard and jacuzzi tub,gym and more to use.The music plays all of the time on that side and there is much more mingling of guests.The street side was a bit too loud for our tastes and really enjoyed the beachside. Unfortunately our visit was ruined since our two young children got sick and ran temperatures half the time we were there.We had to return home and get them checked.Our daughter got a horrible eye infection.Our son did not,but had many of the same symptoms.The eye specialist said that it may be a waterborne bug.After discussing the facs,my wife and I both realized that we had,not once,seen anyone from Wyndham either cleaning or treating the beachside pool for the entire week that we were there,so the pool is a probable source of the infection.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 13, 2009

Travelers' don't know where they're going, and tourist don't know where they is. Expectations and attitude can make a big difference in traveling....I just visited the Sea Gardens for a week and found the site and service excellent. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is beautiful. And there are a lot of activities right at the resort. I've stayed at a few 4 diamond / 4 stars, all over the place...Sea Gardens doesn't claim to be 4 diamond, but their staff sure acted like it....The location is excellent for a leisurly vacation of lounging around. I was appreciative of everything. Sometime a vacation is what you make it...and an attitude either positive or negetive can influence one experience. The room had a beautiful view and offered almost all of the needed amenities. I will return if given the opportunity...
and although there is bus service renting a car is a good idea.
One other thing: if you plan on snorkling off the beach. You gotta get a diver down flag to swim out to the reef....so plan on spending about 33 dollars on that peice of equipment unless you decide to do the boat tour. And ask the lifeguards or do your research about where you can swim. Swimming there, by the way, is a blast....especially for someone from the Northwest. And there are amenities on site for beach activities by the way.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo