All reviews across the street key west timeshare pitch full kitchen time share parking garage washer and dryer ocean side jacuzzi tub bedroom unit tennis courts main pool wyndham properties short walk to the beach activity center pompano beach area palm trees
Reviewed October 29, 2009

Contrary to other reviews, we had a wonderful vacation here at Sea Gardens!! We booked a studio and had no problems with anything. We traveled with our two sons ages 5 and 12. Check in was quick and friendly, rooms were clean. Property was very clean and beautifully landscaped. Several pools and jacuzzis. Our studio was in the beachfront building; so down the stairs and we were right at the beachfront pool or at the beach. It was wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank KYGirl37
Reviewed October 26, 2009

Went with family which is part of the Wyndham chain and had a blast. Depending on which building, you are within a block of the beach and it is close to restaurants, stores, etc. It was a great location for not only the beach lovers, but also the outdoors lovers. We were within driving range to Everglades NP and Biscayne NP which were also big hits. Overall, this was a great stay!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2009

I was lucky to get a unit facing the inter coastal and NOT the courtyard. The unit was clean, spacious and well stocked. It smelled of fresh paint, however, as they were doing maintenance on the floor. I had to pay for internet service and the signal went out, faithfully, everyday between 8 & 12 and I would have to hike to the lobby to log on.
The power went out when I was in the elevator and I was trapped somewhere between the 6th & 7th floor for 10 minutes or so, after free falling for half a floor, a first time experience for me - VERY UNSETTLING!.
DO NOT get a unit anywhere near the lobby, like units 142 - 242, or anything close - you will NEVER sleep past 7am as the staff yells greetings to one another upon arrival at 7am. The worst one is "Nature Mon" as he yells "good morning" at the top of his lungs to the birds before doing bird calls. Then you hear people yelling "good morning Nature Mon, ya mon" throughout the echo chamber of the cramped courtyard. MINDLESS & RUDE!!!
The tiki bar availability is unreliable as according to one bar maid, whose name I will politely refrain from mentioning - was NOT Michell who was so nice - told me "sir, I have closed the bar, I can get you a beer but nothing more." This was before the Monday night football game, which I thought I'd watch at the tiki bar. When I protested, she said "my manager authorizes me to close the bar when business is slow". WOW, I never went back to the tiki bar after that, I would walk 1 mile or so down to the Light House Cove bar instead.
Getting all of that off my chest and out of the way, the rest of the staff was extremely polite and accommodating, the grounds are lush & meticulously maintained. The room was spacious, nicely decorated and with a nice view.
It's unfortunate that the developers bought out all the nice mom & pops, restaurants & shops that were there many years ago. Now it's all towering condos, some boarded up. There is nothing to speak of within walking distance, so you'll have to provide for yourself as far as food & drink goes. There's a Walmart about 10 minutes away.
I do recommend renting a cabana at the beach, $20 a day, this will be your best decision throughout your stay.The guy that rents them also rents wave runners and is an interesting guy to talk to, COOL DUDE!
Do attend the 10am continental breakfast where you'll be offered tours & excursions as it's very informative.
Again, I want to empathize that with the rarest of exception, the staff were VERY NICE!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 12, 2009

We booked the Sea Gardens through sky auction and got a great rate of $230 for a week in a one bedroom unit. When we arrived we waited in line about 15 minutes and got our room keys. We stayed in the waterfalls units north. Our unit had a nice living room/dining combo, with a full kitchen, one bedroom and bath. A nice large balcony with french doors leading from the bedroom and a door to the same balcony from the living room. Nice tile floors easy to keep clean, and carpet in the bedroom. Our balcony overlooked the courtyard with it's beautiful landscaping and folliage. There were 4 swimming pools to choose from, and of course the ocean. We spent alot of time on the beach and swimming in the warm water of the ocean. It was nice staying the first week of october, because the property was probably about one third full. They have a nice tiki bar, and they organize some activities during the week to choose from. I would rate this place 3 to 4 stars. Very clean, friendly, not the ritz, but we didn't pay for the ritz either. We will definitely be returning next year, What a bargain. After reading some of the reviews I was a bit apprehensive, but once we arrived we were very happy. If you book a unit avoid booking the hotel units, they are very small, but the studio and one bedroom units are very roomy. We have stayed at many wyndham properties, this is one of our favorites since it is located right across the street from the ocean. The studio bldgs are on the ocean front, so if that's what you want book a studio, but the balconies on studios are very small, standing room only.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank twoguys
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Booked this trip last minute, didnt know much about the property and took a chance. Very happy surprise! Stayed in the Palm Tower building. Had a 2 bedroom suite, very large rooms. Master bedroom had 2 person jacuzzi. Balcony over looked the inter-coastal. Kitchen was fully stocked. There are several pools, but no kiddie pools. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained and the beach is right there.
There is not much to do in walking distance, you do need a car.The area is very quiet almost felt as if no one was there.
Cons -No free internet services and TVs are outdated.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family