All reviews across the street key west timeshare pitch full kitchen time share parking garage washer and dryer ocean side jacuzzi tub bedroom unit tennis courts main pool wyndham properties short walk to the beach activity center pompano beach area palm trees
Reviewed December 7, 2008

This was our second stay at this resort. Other than the weather not being great (overcast mostly, windy, some rain, 72 degrees) for the first 4 days, we had a great time again. We stayed in the South Ocean View Unit, which over looks the pool (only unheated one) and the ocean. The unit was clean and fully equipped with everything one would want. The South unit has not been updated as has the North Ocean View. We did go in one of the North units and looked around. All new kitchens, flat screen TVs, all new paint, baths, chairs, beds, tables. Looked and felt like a new building. The staff was super, we attended several of the activities that they hold there every day. We won a free drink, free ice cream sundae, and a carry bag! The headed pools were warm, but still cool for the weather, but the hot tubs were HOT! We were in the hot tubs every night before bed. Even with the upper 60s temps at night the hot tubs were great. It felt a lot of times that the gardens were just for us, as we saw few other guests. Check in was slow, as it is with any hotel or resort. They did push a timeshare update, and didn't want to take 'no' for an answer. But just kept smiling and saying no as we got the parking pass. I can't think of anything 'bad' other than the weather, but even then it was 20 with snow at home so Fl was much better so we loved even the warm showers that popped up a couple of times a day. I'm not a writer, so this may have skipped around a bit. You can read other reviews here with more and better details! I've read them and don't understand some of the negative reports. Perhaps there were looking for a brand new 10 star resort. This is an older resort with buildings from 1965 to 1999. They are always updating and replacing before anything becomes bad. We did have an a/c cut out, the man was there in 5 mins and fixed it in 10 mins. The staff are always smiling and are friendly always helpful. Even the maids and gardeners smile and say 'hi'. In our two trips, we've never seen or heard of some the complaints I've seen posted here. I'd say read them all with a grain of salt. We love it so much, we'll be back in Feb 09. Hope to see you there.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Gerasim M
Reviewed November 16, 2008

I can't even begin to explain the horror of this so called resort. I was in my room a total of 45 minutes and went home. I knew I was in trouble when the front desk asked me for $100 to cover incidentals. After arguing with the clerk he finally told me that the $100 was optional and that I didn't have to pay it. The $100 wasn't the point, it was the fact that he told me if I used a debit card that the resort can take up to 30 days to put the money back on your card!

My husband and I go to the room to be blown away by an incredible musty smell that I could not get out of my nose. The a/c would never cool down the room enough to get rid of the "muggy" feel. My husband checked out the bathroom to find out that not only did it have mold on the walls, but two midgets couldn't be in there at the same time due to lack of space.

The kicker for me to decide to go home was the fact that the pillows on the bed didn't have any pillowcases on them. I would expect that a place that calls themselves a resort, should not only have a restaurant on site (which they don't) but that there should be appropriate bed dressings and no mold.

I couldn't get out of the parking lot fast enough to go home, as I was telling my husband I would rather sleep in my car.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Trip4AWeekend
Reviewed October 19, 2008

An acquaintance of mine works for Wyndham and offered me a $125 coupon for a week's stay at one of over 100 different resorts worldwide. While it was tough finding availability at some of the more desirable locales (Paris, Waikiki, etc!) we chose the Sea Gardens in Pompano Beach.

Great choice as it turned out!

Fortunately we didn't have to interact too much with the staff as they all seemed to be running in super slo-mo. (Check in/out seemed interminable.) Also, the pitch for the timeshare "survey" was annoying but not unexpected. We had two follow-up "reminders" during the week from our "concierge".( Not to sound like a snob, but I found it amusing that EVERY staff member mispronounced the word "'concierge" as "con-see-air" lol.)

But, I digress. We were offered the choice of a full balcony or a ocean view with a partial balcony (basically only room to stand). We chose the ocean view and weren't disappointed. The North building has recently been renovated which is obvious. We felt we were likely the first people to stay in room 104, in fact. The sofabed and never been opened - brand new. The tea kettle was brand new; coffee pot had never been used; toaster had no crumbs in it, oven had never been used. And the list goes on. It was really luxurious, though not huge. We loved the full kitchen and the washer/dryer. Loved loved loved. We had clean/fresh towels every day. The bed was comfortable. Nice tv and sound system with dvd player. We never heard our neighbors. The pools and hot tubs were all operational and clean other than a few leaves floating on the top and some sand at the bottom.

We had a great time. Enjoyed the Tiki bar several times (be sure to play the game with the metal ring and the hook on the post!) Played pool in the game room when it rained. Avoided the timeshare salespeople like the plague. We wanted to play tennis but it was really too windy all week. Ditto for swimming in the ocean, but that was ok.

Like other reviewers, we were very disappointed in the nearby restaurants. Do not waste your time or money at US Steakhouse or Damon's Grill. Yuck yuck yuck. We had really good luck at the Briny Irish Pub though - good food and mainly locals. Don't forget to pick up a Publix brand key lime pie too - the best there is!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Idonwanna
Reviewed September 1, 2008

I normally don't complain but, the hotel needs tons of work done. Pools were dirty, no a/c in the halls. Needs work inside the rooms also very run down livable but old. My room a/c didn't work repair came quickly service was o.k. but didn't fix the problem claimed it is ok. Temp set at 55 everyone was sweating. Service was o.k. when calling the front desk got the answer but no friendliness. Carpets dirty my son crawls and and his clothes were filthy. This for me was like staying in a motel 6 only with full kitchen. Beds were old also very uncomfortable, shower heads water saver kind the water hurt hitting you no setting to fix it either. Lights were out or no light bulbs in the sockets. A/C loud and made noise doors scratched or broken. Lets just say pretty disappointed in view also was told ocean view I thought the rooms on the ocean but turns out a block away from it. Not going there again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank ahhhhhhhhhhhh
Reviewed July 27, 2008

We checked into the resort on July 12 & stayed until July 19th. We couldn't have picked a more perfect place. Upon arrival the desk clerk was very polite & informative. We took a cab from the airport (15 mins). The clerk helped us to find a rental car @ a very, very, reasonable price. Our room was spectacular with a gorgeous view. The landscaping is unreal. ( You forget where you are walking along the paths). From here you're only mins. from about anywhere you would want to go in South east Fl. & only 1.5 hrs. from south west Fl. There was always something to do. Looking forward to going back.

Stayed: July 2008