Stayed for one week at Wyndham Sea Gardens Pompano beach with the family in late Feb 2013. We were assigned a two-bedroom suite #359 in the Key West building. Travelled with two kids 9 & 13 years old.
- Our suite was very spacious, had master bedroom with a king bed (very comfy) hot tub in the master br (never used it). Full bath. HD TV. Full kitchen with all utensils and ware.
- The resort staff were very nice and accommodating. Concierge had very good suggestions for dinner restaurants. Gave us discount coupons.
- Washer and dryer in suite
- There was a lot of restaurants and shops within 10 min drive of the resort.
- Parking was plentiful.
- The grounds are beautifully maintained.
- There was a small pool right outside our suite.
The not so good:
- No maid service
- Moldy bathroom in master suite
- 3 showers and you were out of hot water
- Wireless internet in our room was very slow and hard to connect to. I had to call tech support twice to get it up and running.
- The pools at this resort are puny and there are not enough chairs for the patrons on sunny and hot days.
- Some jerk owned a loud Harley across the street and felt the need to ride it full throttle a few times a day on our street at all hours and rattle the windows, wake up everyone, & loosen up our dental work...
- The pool by the ocean is not heated and if you are here in February, it may get too cold to swim in.
- The resort is very old and is being slowly updated. The parts that are not updated are sometimes really ugly (ex: men's room in the main lobby)
Also, they told us there would be a free breakfast or lunch at another Wyndham resort a couple of miles away,which turned out to be a high-pressure sales pitch for buying time-share vacation privileges from Wyndham resorts in exchange for a dinner cruise for two or a $75 pre-paid credit card. I wish we had not done that. The breakfast was lousy and it was a total waste of two hours of our time. Highly recommend that you skip this unless you have a lot of spare time on your hands.
Also, they give you two packages of dishwasher liquid and two packages of laundry detergent. If you need to use more, they charge you a buck or two for each.
You have to call front desk to have pool towels delivered to your room. You can't pick them up by the pool yourself.
All in all, we would probably choose another resort if we came back to Pampano beach area.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Vacatia, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Sea Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wyndham Sea Gardens Hotel Pompano Beach
- Wyndham Hotel Pompano Beach
- Wyndham Pompano Beach
- Pompano Beach Wyndham