All reviewsacross the streetkey westtimeshare pitchfull kitchentime sharedeluxe studioparking garagewasher and dryerocean sidejacuzzi tubbedroom unittennis courtsmain poolwyndham propertiesshort walk to the beachactivity centerpompano beach area
Reviewed January 21, 2012

We were there in December 2011 - January 2012.

This is the best place to go with a family and we enjoy it so much that we go back every year.

The units are very clean and so is all the property. There are three heated pools and one that is not (the one closest to the beach). There are a lot of different types of unit and they all have access to a free wi-fi. Some units have a washer and dryer and some do not, but there are three washer/dryer available in the north cabana building and you can used then for free. There is also two Jacuzzi on the property and three tennis court are available free of charge. There is also a good fitness center on the site.

They completely renovated the lobby and the game room in 2010. The lobby is now located in the north building and the game room is in the south building.

The new game room had a free air-hockey game that was really appreciated by kids last year but it wasn't there anymore this year... Too bad. But they still have two Wii with a lot of games and they also have a good selection of board games. So whatever the weather you can have a lot of fun at this place. They also rent old DVD movies (2$).

One of the best thing about this place is the staff. They really do their best to make your vacation a great one. At the front desk you are always greeted with a smile (Evelyn, Barbara, Shenel, Joe, Pauline, etc). The activity staff (Maria, Eddy, Kenny, K!) are great. And the manager (Bryan) is often seen on the site and he is always making sure that we have a great experience there.

There are all so nice and so helpful. I must say that everyone working there really knows what customer service mean. They go out of their way to satify everybody and they are all great at their job.

We never had any problem finding a chair around a pool. But the busiest one is the one located between cabanas north and south. Probably because it is the less windy place so it is a good choice when the weather is colder.

The resort provides beach towels, but you might have a little trouble if you want to exchange those everyday since they don't always have some. But since you have access to a washer/dryer it might be a better idea to clean them yourself. Be advice that they now charge for things like laundry detergent, dishwasher, toilet paper if you need more that the quantity that was provided in the unit when you checked-in. This is new since it was provided free before.

You can rent a chair and an umbrella at the beach but the beach is so great you really don’t need too. Most of the people we saw just used their towel directly on the sand like we did. The ocean is great too. There is a medium drop when you enter the water (about 2 feet) but when you pass that you only have water to your knees and after that if is very shallow for a while. So the kids can go very far without you worrying about them. On the windy days the waves were really cool but did not seems too dangerous so this is a wonderful place to play with kids.

By the way, you can borrow a lot of things from the game room (Surfboard, sand toys, beach chairs (NEW!), football, etc...). You just have to sign in the register and if you bring back everything you won't be charge a dime!

Finally, they also organize a lot of activities (Bingo, Karaoke, etc...) and this is fun for all the family. So get in the mood and you will have a great time at Sea Gardens.

I will definitely go back to the Sea Garden and I really recommend it to everyone. This is one of the best timeshare I have been to.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Marco
Reviewed January 16, 2012

After switching out of our first room which was just not right, we were transferred to room 244 which was newly renovated and overlooking the main heated pool. This comfortable time-share resort suite was a one bedroom with doors to close from the living room area, a deep jacuzzi tub and a flat panel tv, and in-room safe. Our suite had one and a half bathrooms (which is a definite plus!), kitchen with a table for eating meals, a sitting room with a pull out couch and full bedding for pull-out with extra pillows. The air conditioning units seemed to be new as well!

Anything that I needed fixed got fixed right away although the front burner on the stove never worked unless I pushed it in for each use (very old stove) and when I requested a tea kettle they quickly brought one to me! The fridge came with an automatic ice machine and seemed brand new as well as the dishes, glass ware, food containers and everything was superb!

The beach is across the street (A1A) which the Sea Gardens has another building for their guests and this location features their salt-water pool! The Sea Gardens has three heated regular pools, one salt-water pool as mentioned and two hot tubs, beautiful lush tropical garden grounds, a Tiki Bar with Barbecue, floor shuffleboard, laundry services, a business centre, store, a game room and more!

We ignored the phone calls and messages regarding the time share pitch meetings and were not bothered in person so it was no big deal.

Because our room was the upper level in the main area off the Breezeway, there was no elevator to bring our luggage up so we had to carry our luggage up and down the stairs, groceries etc. which was not so pleasant. Also, it would be nice if their Queen beds were Kings instead. I would still go back to The Wydham Sea Gardens again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Renovated side.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JDandCharlene
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Although I'm a VIP Wyndham owner, I had an RCI week to use up and snagged this exchange. I was not treated nearly as well as when I went there with my Wyndham VIP status. That didn't really surprise me since I've had that happen many places while on an RCI exchange. But I did expect to be able to check in by 4. I arrived about 5:30 and they still didn't have the room ready. I had to get back to the airport to pick up my sister in about an hour, so was rather aggitated. They did give me the keys about 6pm and 3 coupons for a free drink from their outside pool bar (which we gladly used later in the week). Although the late check in was my big problem, I did have to call maintenance as soon as I checked in because the toilette seat in the master bedroom was on the floor and the lock box on the front door was broken. When I got back from picking up my sister, both items were fixed. AFter that, we had no more problems and the rest of our week was very nice.
Our condo was a 2 bedroom 2 bath unit in the Key West building. This building looks like an afterthought as it's not really connected to the rest of the resort. We had stayed in an Ocean Palms unit before and were afraid this older Key West building would be a major disappointment. But I was pleasantly surprised. It was very spacious and clean! Looked like it must have been totally renovated within the last couple of years. I liked that the 2nd bathroom opened from both the 2nd bedroom and the main living area---almost like having 2 on-suites. That actually came in handy since the 2nd bedroom also locked from the outside and you couldn't open the door when in the room. So the only exit was through the bathroom or have someone in the livingroom open the door for you. I didn't know about that problem at first, so we didn't bother having them fix it. The kitchen was small but adequate and somewhat isolated from the livingroom. There was a bar area in the open livingroom/diningroom area which we found rather odd, but the space was large enough that it didn't bother us. There was a small balcony off the back overlooking the pool area. Using the DVD player was a little tricky, but it worked fine once we figured out how to use it. We also enjoyed free wi-fi in our unit, something we didn't have in the Ocean Palms unit a couple years ago.
The pool had a jacuzzi built into a little corner of it, but it wasn't circulating warm water. We did use the pool a couple times, but it was a bit chilly. We were there in Oct/Nov and there were a couple heavy downpours that I'm sure helped to cool the pool off.
The beach by the resort is very nice, although while we were there it was too rough to play in the surf.
The resort grounds were beautifully landscaped and the hot tub by the main buildings was nice and hot. We enjoyed our free drink and free nachos one night while they had kareoki going on. It was nice to see they had an activities director and stuff going on if you just liked hanging around the resort.
Although check in wasn't the best, the rest of our trip was great. I would stay there again. I do like the open layout of the Ocean Palms units better (kitchen/diningroom/livingroom), but was happy to see that the Key WEst rooms were comfortable, too.

Room Tip: Good luck requesting a room!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
8  Thank slabeaume
Reviewed January 8, 2012

My family and I have stayed at the Wyndham Sea Gardens - Ocean Palms 6 times. We do not own a Wyndham timeshare but get our weeks via internet auction sites.

We have some recommendations to potential customers but will register our one "dislike" upfront. This is a timeshare property and upon checkin we are directed to a concierge desk for a parking permit and nominal gift. This visit evolves into a free meal pitch which is designed to sell timeshare units. However, the young lady we have encountered there the last couple times is perceptive enough to not push the envelope too far. So kudos to her for doing her job well.

While we're addressing personnel lets also mention that the staff is courteous and professional. This applies to associates at all levels. But a special "shout out" goes to Evelyn at the front desk - very personable , professional, and very accomodating.

There are 7 buildings on this property that stretch from 2 oceanfront buildings to one (Ocean Palms) that is at the rear of the grounds and across the street from the intracoastal. I believe the Oceanfront buildings to be studios but am not certain. In between are two Cabana buildings which surround the main pool ( and are probably subject to the most ambient noise) and two Waterfalls buildings which overlook beautiful foliage. There is one last structure across the side street and is called the Key West building (this would normally be the quietest area).

Over the past few years we have stayed in four of these buildings and prefer the 10 story Ocean Palms . We rent 2 bedroom units which are spacious, clean, and "modern enough".They have fully equipped kitchens and balconies. Ask for a room on the 5th level or higher to improve your view of the ocean or intracoastal. Free wi-fi was added in the last 2 years.

There are four pools on the property and three hot tubs ( the Key West building hot tub is integral to their swimming pool ). The oceanside pool is very chilly during the cooler seasons but the other three are nicely heated. The property has shuffleboard courts, rental movies, convenience store, tiki hut, lush gardens, and daily planned activities. We always rent a car but you are about 1/3 - 1/2 mile walk from a decent selection of restaurants.

A slew of renovations were completed in 2011 which keeps the Wyndham Sea Gardens in good shape.

We just finished a one week vacation and look forward to our next !!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Tom N
Reviewed January 2, 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo with a fully equipped kitchen,washer/dryer, and full balcony overlooking one of the many pools in this resort. It was perfect for a family of 2 parents, 3 older teens. The units are newly remodeled, the resort offers several pools (some heated), several hot tubs, and access to the beach across a local road. It may not be the most glamorous of resorts, but it was an incredible bargain. When we checked in, our room configuration included 2 queen beds and a pull out sofa. When I asked for a unit with twin beds instead, the staff was very accomodating and willingly found us another unit during a very busy holiday time. It was wonderful and we would gladly return.

Room Tip: The resort offers several buildings. We were in the Key West and it was lovely
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family