“Quaint place tucked in a quiet neighborhood”

Cypress Nook Bavaria Haus Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 357 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Bavaria Haus is a local hidden treasure full service German-American restaurant. Since 1958, this free standing restaurant resembles an old style house and cottage. Hugh oak tree canopy covers outside dinning patio. Self parking in our lot.
“Quaint place tucked in a quiet neighborhood”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed our breakfast of kielbasa, eggs, gourmet omelet (lox & cream cheese). All good and served hot by a smiling, happy waitress. Personable owner came over to our table to chat & check on us...a very nice touch. Prices were reasonable. Locals frequent this business. Need I say more?

“Make this place a stop...it's a must”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

First off the staff was friendly and the atomosphere was homey and quaint. This was some of the best German Food that I ever had out dining. I hast the Sauerbraten for dinner. The selection of German Beers was more than I could ask for...can't wait to go back and try something different. Bring your family. The quality and quanity of food was well worth it. You wont leave with an empty stomach or wallet

• Visited May 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Delicious German Cuisine”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

If you are looking for an authentic German dining experience this is the place for you. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is wonderful.

• Visited May 2014
Lighthouse Point, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“sehr gutes Essen!”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I've never taken the time to go online and write a review, good or bad, about any business, organization or product before, but felt compelled to do so for The Cypress Nook Bavaria Haus Restaurant. I happened to be passing by this quaint little place around dinner time and thought I would give it a try as the outside looked extremely well kept and appealing. They have a clean, neat little beer garden if you would like to be outdoors or a very comfortable little dining room inside. Did I mention the place was clean? Well.....it's really clean. I am extremely picky about cleanliness and this place is a 10 out of 10 when it comes to being spotless. When I stepped inside I was struck by that incredible aroma of authentic German cooking. WONDERFUL! I lived in Germany for 4 years so I have experience with real German cooking. I also have tried many so-called German restaurants in the U.S. In 30 years of searching I have never found one worth mentioning, until now. This place is the real deal. It turns out Mike, the owner, grew up in a German family and the restaurant was started by his parents. That explains the cleanliness and the character of the food. I knew I would be coming back many times so on this visit I had a basic house salad, a veal wiener schnitzel with hot potato salad and noodles. The service was excellent, the food was great and it was priced right. For desert I had a choice of German chocolate cake or apple strudel. It turns out they don't make the strudel in house but have it brought in fresh daily from a local bakery. Never frozen, flaky, flavorful, delicious. I purposely waited a day to write this as I wanted to reflect on the meal and give a more accurate review. Well, as soon as I hit "enter" on my keyboard I'm going to head back over to the Bavaria Haus for dinner tonight. On this visit I'm going to have the sauerbrauten with potatoes, red cabbage, salad and German chocolate cake for desert. After dinner I will be spending time in the beer garden. What a treat!. You've got to give it a try. Guten Appetit!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Tim O
Lewiston, Michigan
“Great Food and Experience”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

My husband and I were looking for a unique dining experience and we found it here. This small family restaurant was cozy, welcoming and had great food. If you want some good authentic German food this place should not be missed.

• Visited February 2014