“wunderbare”

Ranked #3 of 357 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Bavaria Haus is a local hidden treasure full service German-American restaurant. Since 1958, this free standing restaurant resembles an old style house and cottage. Hugh oak tree canopy covers outside dinning patio. Self parking in our lot.
Saugerties, New York
“wunderbare”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

My wife and I have traveled in Germany and love German food. This little out of the way gem serves some of the best authentic German food I have ever had. I have just completed my third trip back and each time the servers were prompt, friendly and courteous. Mike and family served our meal in what I would consider a cozy relaxed family atmosphere with German music playing in the background.The food was hot, the sauces/ gravies were outstanding and the portions large. If you like German food, this place is not to be missed.

• Visited February 2014

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I grew up in a German household and this brought me right back to my youth, reminding me of all my grandmothers greatest dishes. It is so cute and quaint inside, the service was outstanding and the food was unforgettable. We ordered the pretzel, schnitzel (veal) and the trout, along with two draught Oktoberfest's, all of which were delicious! Thank you, Cypress Nook for a trip back to my grandmothers kitchen. We will be returning very soon!!

• Visited February 2014
Pompano Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing! A must eat!”
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

This small restaurant is just the type of gem I love to find when we travel. The service is attentive and friendly. The atmosphere is cozy and interesting. THE FOOD IS AMAZING! DELICIOUS! Very authentic. We really enjoyed our dinner and are hoping to make it back to check out their breakfast!

SF bay area
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I met the owner at a poolside bar one night and she was so nice I took nieces and nephews (seven of us) for breakfast the next day. The restaurant was packed and we were in a hurry, so she set us up in the patio, great breakfast. If we are in the Fort Lauderdale area ever again, a must stop. Llse is the perfect hostess.

• Visited December 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Delicious food, comfortable casual atmosphere”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We found this restaurant with Groupon, and had never been before so we weren't sure what to expect. To say we were pleasantly surprised is an understatement! Friendly servers, cozy informal dining room made us feel like we were guests at the owners house rather than in a restaurant. Food delicious and a great value. So happy I bought that groupon because I probably wouldn't have found this quaint, fun and comfortable restaurant without it!

• Visited January 2014