“Home away from home”

Cypress Nook Bavaria Haus Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 358 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: German, European
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Bavaria Haus is a local hidden treasure full service German-American restaurant. Since 1958, this free standing restaurant resembles an old style house and cottage. Hugh oak tree canopy covers outside dinning patio. Self parking in our lot.
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Home away from home”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My family has been going to the Cypress Nook since before I was born and have loved every meal! I will soon be going off to college and will miss the authentic German food, especially my favorite dish Chicken Schnitzel Jaeger Style. The mushrooms melt in your mouth and go perfectly with the chicken schnitzel!

Miami, Florida
“Authentic german food”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Went with friends, gave this restaurant an average rating because the food is authentic and good, the service and setting could be better. Very casual, no reservations so we had to wait, and finally were seated under an AC duct. I would go again for the food, probably would get take out.

Deerfield Beach, Florida
“Wonderful hidden gem.”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My first German restaurant..Very Authentic because I went with a person of German Ancestry that knows about their food..The owner was very pleasant,the ambiance was old country,

1 Thank parent34646
DFW
“Hidden Gem, unbelieveable Find”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Outstanding full service restaurant from Breakfast to lunch to dinner......authentic, family owned and operated. Great service, reasonable pricing....small but quaint. BE PREPARED TO WAIT! THERE IS A REASON.

1 Thank Eaglehouse
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Best Restaurant”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I tired of seafood, so we thought we would try the Cypress Nook. It is a small place with about 10/12 tables. We arrived about 7:45 and the place was packed. We only had to wait a few minutes and a table became available. My wife had the sauerbraten with red cabbage and German potato salad and I had the same except I had spinach and noodles for sides. They served so much food we cold not eat it all. The service was very good and the prices were very reasonable. I would highly recommend this restaurant .

• Visited August 2013