“Wonderful hidden gem.”

Ranked #3 of 358 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Bavaria Haus is a local hidden treasure full service German-American restaurant. Since 1958, this free standing restaurant resembles an old style house and cottage. Hugh oak tree canopy covers outside dinning patio. Self parking in our lot.
Deerfield Beach, Florida
“Wonderful hidden gem.”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My first German restaurant..Very Authentic because I went with a person of German Ancestry that knows about their food..The owner was very pleasant,the ambiance was old country,

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank parent34646

DFW
“Hidden Gem, unbelieveable Find”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Outstanding full service restaurant from Breakfast to lunch to dinner......authentic, family owned and operated. Great service, reasonable pricing....small but quaint. BE PREPARED TO WAIT! THERE IS A REASON.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Eaglehouse
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Best Restaurant”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I tired of seafood, so we thought we would try the Cypress Nook. It is a small place with about 10/12 tables. We arrived about 7:45 and the place was packed. We only had to wait a few minutes and a table became available. My wife had the sauerbraten with red cabbage and German potato salad and I had the same except I had spinach and noodles for sides. They served so much food we cold not eat it all. The service was very good and the prices were very reasonable. I would highly recommend this restaurant .

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Cozy environment, delicious food!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I'm going to give you the entire story, because other reviewers are providing a disservice by not writing the good, bad and ugly. My husband and I went for dinner 8/24. There was a huge line but we were informed right off the bat ALONG WITH EVERYONE else that this is a family owned and run restaurant and the chef had an emergency and is out of town. Everyone had the option to leave, and yet most everyone decided to stay because as I saw in their hands they wanted to use their coupon. Some customers waiting started to really get angry and voice their opinion, but my take is that if you are so unhappy that you can't wait then leave or get a refund for your coupons, but don't stay and then complain and ruin everyone else's night with your nagging...Once we got in the place it looked exactly as depicted minus the table cloths, which seeing the pictures posted here obviously shows some kind of group event rather than a nightly service as the tables in the picture are put together. Anyway, the tables were nice, with beautiful little flowers painted on them, and we did get cloth napkins.=0)One of the owners was our server and you could tell on her face she was overwhelmed with running the restaurant by herself, but she tried her best to make everyone happy. She had 3 young helpers getting her drinks. It was a bit chaotic, but AGAIN THE GUESTS WERE WARNED OF THE SITUATION...The food took some time, but when we did receive it was delicious. My husband had a pan fried schnitzel with a jaeger sauce that was just divine and apparently made to order.=0) He had home made spaetzle and red cabbage as his sides, both of which were to die for. The portions were huge and I wish I have taken a picture, but I was starving. Let's just say that you get enough food for 2 meals... I had the sauerbraten with cucumber salad and sauteed fresh spinach, which reminded me of my childhood. It brought back fond memories visiting my grandmother in Germany and having her equally delicious sauerbraten...For dessert we order and apple strudel hot out of the oven with vanilla ice cream. One word, "HEAVENLY"! And we got a great discount buying a coupon online...Recommendations,1)Call ahead and see how long the wait is 2)Go on a weekday, because I'm sure there wont be a wait or at least not as long...Lastly, this family owned this little "Nook" for 34 years, so believe me you are going to get good food.

1 Thank Elegant926
Delray Beach, Florida
“Very Nice”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Nice little spot in pompano Irish/German food, its pretty good food and a cozy atmosphere, bring cash tough because they don't take credit cards

1 Thank jplandino