“Fresh, high quality fast food”

Jack's Old Fashioned Hamburger House
Ranked #36 of 363 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Jack's wonderful burgers and hot dogs remind me of pre-McDonald's fast food joints....burgers are fresh ground daily, cooked to order and generous sized with real crispy bacon, nice empty cheese and tons of toppings and condiments. They are not too fatty either, which I appreciate. The hot dogs are regular sized, topped with chili, cheese and lots of other toppings if you want. Overall, a favorite quick lunch or dinner spot and great for take out without breaking the bank!

There are newer reviews for Jack's Old Fashioned Hamburger House

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I've been going to Jack's for over 10 years now and still love it to this day! I hope the burger will still be amazing when we next visit.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I have tried Jack's several times as it is conveniently located and seems to be popular. However, they serve the greasiest burgers and fries I have ever seen. The buns are soaked with grease and the fries are limp. I must be missing something.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

OK, I get it. Jack's is a Pompano Beach institution. Soon, local burger joints like this could be gone replaced by Wendy's, McDonald's, Hardee's - repeat.

Truth is though, the burger isn't that good. Especially for $6. Based on how hoppin' the place was when I went there they won't loose business over this review but honestly, I think the burger is like the ones they serve at Sonic.

A little too much on the greasy side for me. Locals, especially those with kids, will keep coming back here but for my money the best burger in the area is Charm City.

Glad I went though so been there - done that.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

These burgers are pre-cooked I have tried them twice mine was flat just like a McDonalds burger.....do yourself a favor and find another burger joint. i have also been to the one on Federal highway in fort lauderdale and I though I would give them another try. Never again. They used to be good but then they got lazy. Definatley was not clean...and needs a paint job yuck bathrooms stunk and I told one of the cashiers no one ran in to even check it. I couldn't get out fast enough!