“Frank's Cheese pizza slice”
Review of Frank's Ristorante - CLOSED

Frank's Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Ann Arbor, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Frank's Cheese pizza slice”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We've never sat down to eat at this restaurant, but walking by we grab a hot slice.. We get the cheese and the person working puts it back in the oven to get it hot and crispy. It's the best hot slice of thin, cheese pizza you'll ever have. Add parm and red pepper flakes.. and DELISH!

• Visited November 2012

Cleveland
“Awesome pizza close to the beach”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We could walk here from the public Pompano Beach area. They open the large front windows for a fresh breeze in the restaurant. We ordered neopolitan pizza which was a thin crust. Very tasty and a small pizza even gave us leftovers. A bit on the pricey side for pizza, but very good and convenient, so worth it. Other items are on the menu - pasta, entrees, calzones....

• Visited November 2012
“Gross”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I came here because of the good ratings I saw on the net. I decided to stick to the basic spaghettini and meat sauce. It was greasy bland and gross. Yuck. The salad they served me prior to the meal was wilted. Do not waste your mOney!!!!

Grande Prairie, Canada
“Bit pricey”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Frank's for the price could have been better, not a bad meal, just nothing special. Good service... We sat outside and enjoyed watching people pass by..

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Riverviewpines
Fredonia, Kentucky
“I Suppose there is a Last Time for Everything”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Wow! Thats all I have to say about this gem!! I didn't know I could dislike a restaurant so much before I got here. My reviews are extremely generous, this one falls in line. Granted, a 0 star review is not possible. Can't this website do us a favor and give us a step beyond terrible and offer as a chance to share our overall rating of "0 stars, horrendous."
Since I gave this place 1 star, I would like to give it 1 positive comment first. The location is very nice, right there on Pompano Beach at the end of Atlantic Blvd.
I get there, and this waitress with no self-respect that would rather be elsewhere comes out to ask me if I'd like anything. This was the last time her service was at par. She would just be awful the rest of the night. She brought me a glass for my bottled water that had marks and prints all over it, it looked like it didn't even go through the dishwasher. I was at a table with several people order appetizers and entrees, this bill no matter what was going to be over $230. If we ordered 2 large pizzas and tap waters, this woman probably may have been able to figure it out. The house salads come out of the kitchen and they are prototypical. Nothing wrong with them, just standard iceberg lettuce with a cucumber slice and a cheap tomato (not very fresh at all) served with an obviously not homemade dressing. The soups come out afterwards and this is the worst pasta fagioli I've had. Its one redeeming feature would be the thinly sliced garlic, which was pretty raw. The server brought the bowls out on a plate which was soaked in this soup. The spoon sitting on the plate was drenched, i picked it out with a napkin. Put the spoons on the table first or something, and don't serve anything that looks like that. I hated it before I tried it, then the taste didn't make up for it...RESTAURANT 101...HELLO FRANK!!! PRESENTATION MUCH?!?!
My fish would come out; undercooked, and smothered in butter. Its okay, thats the way I like my grilled fish; I definitely don't want it to be fresh, I prefer it to be borderline sickening and taste like a combination of salt and butter (sarcasm).
Side of pasta, I'm glad the word Ristorante is attached to this place, because when I think Italian- I think Barilla pasta fresh out of the box.
Judging from the quality and preparation of the high-priced menu items, i've deduced that this restaurant probably does great pizza. They might do the best chicken parmigiana on the planet (all unconfirmed, that dish is just impossible to mess up). But anything where minimal culinary skills are required, and you'd be better off elsewhere. I've had better experiences at the Olive Garden...and I hate the Olive Garden.
A lot of food for a $25 entree, but if its all garbage, just tell me to stick with baked ziti or lasagna or something.

• Visited August 2012