“Horrific at best!”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Horrific at best!”
Reviewed April 30, 2011

We decided to eat here based on a high recommendation of a local resident - never again! Our night started with an older waiter telling my husband they could not make him an apple martini because they were out of "apple juice". We should have left then - it got worse! The menu (nor the waiter) were clear that the only tortellini they serve is "meat" - believe me I checked the menu 2x. I don't eat meat, so when the soup came with meat tortellini I returned it. My meal was to be tortellini as well. The waiter “scolded” me for not "telling him" I wanted cheese tortellini – but NEVER told me that they only had meat tortellini and did not offer an option to choose something else! When my husband’s meal came I was served nothing! A very nice younger waiter offered me something else, so I chose a salad. Our older waiter came back and explained that I would have to pay for my tortellini dinner since I had ordered 2 "meat" items and he was not charging me for the soup. I explained the menu was not clear and he became disturbed with me, again telling me I would have to pay - or he would have to pay! So I asked to see the menu again and then to speak to a manager. I was told that "Frank" had left so there was no one I could speak to. The younger waiter returned and said the menu was wrong and it was the restaurant's fault - the older waiter returned and in front of us, disagreed. It has to be the worst example of customer service I have ever witnessed. More about the food ... we started with a “stuffed” eggplant appetizer which seemed to be stuffed with bread stuffing, very strange. My husband’s meal of surf and turf - filet was small and overdone and the shrimp were small with mostly filling instead of crab meat. So we paid our $100 bill and left (yes, I paid for the meal). At best this was a horrific meal coupled with incredibly bad service. The table of women behind us was also unsatisfied with their meal, when they complained to the same older waiter; he gave them a rude answer and walked away from the table. I am not a novice or new vegetarian and I travel all over the country – I can honestly say I never knew I should presume all tortellini is meat, unless otherwise specified. In fact I left the restaurant, called a friend who owns 2 fabulous Italian restaurants and he said tortellini is cheese unless otherwise specified. This place needs to update its menu and its wait staff.

• Visited April 2011
2 Thank NSF821

Boca Raton, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT FOOD / EXCELLENT SERVICE”
Reviewed March 16, 2011

We were visiting some friends in Pompano Beach on Thurs . Our friends recommended Franks Rest. We were greeted as soon as we walked through the door. We ordered a couple of gourmet pizzas and apps . The Seafood pizza and the Nonna pizzas where to "die" for along with the ice cold beers and wine. It all hit the spot. Very nice family atmosphere. Service was great can't wait to go back next week. This is my new favorite Italian restaurant.

• Visited March 2011
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT FOOD, GREAT ATMOSPHERE The Best in Pompano !!!!!”
Reviewed March 12, 2011

We're new in the area & decided to try Frank's.We were 6 people and ordered all different items, from stuffed artichoke, fried calamari,baked clams to start then veal marsala (tender), snapper francese,stuffed veal chop & more, All dinners came w/ salads,garlic rolls & sides of pasta (al dente)
Wow, so much food, We couldn't stop eating We finished w/ espresso, sambuca & Italian cheesecake it was all Excellent Everything cooked to perfection!. We had an old Italian waiter, who was very helpful with all our questions and gave us great suggestions.We felt we were in Italy. This restaurant is the real thing. How wonderful to know there are still real restaurants around, not chains
It was THE BEST EVER!!!!!!! Can't wait to go back & try their pizzas (looked fantastic)

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank local33
Boca Raton, Florida
“Great Family, Great Food, Great Place!!!”
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I've been living in Florida for over thirty years and I haven't found a restaurant that my family and I have enjoyed more. My kids don't live here anymore, but, everytime they come home they have to go to Franks. Over the years I have brought hundreds of friends and business associates besides family members there and they've all loved it. The food is authentic and homemade. You can't beat the quality. Prices are comparable to the area and the service is wondeful. What's really great about Franks is the family. They are wonderful people. To the few people who have claimed to have a so so experience, please try them again. I bet you 'll change your mind, 35 years in one location speaks for itself..

• Visited February 2011
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Terrible Service”
Reviewed March 8, 2011

Had reservations yet they let people with no reservations go ahead because they knew them. We sat at our table for over 10 minutes before anyone even came to the table and it was not even that busy. The drinks were small and not much of a selection. The waiter had no patiences and more attitude than a hollywood starlet. The food was decent but very small portions and small plates to make it look bigger.

• Visited February 2011