“Love me some west indies shrimp”
Review of Calypso Restaurant

Calypso Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 357 Restaurants in Pompano Beach
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Pompano Beach, Florida, United States
“Love me some west indies shrimp”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

When you talk about a little hole in the wall, you must be talking about this place. If you don't know about you would drive right by it. The food is excellent. Have not had a bad meal. Also try the shrimp/scallop burger.
A little on the pricey side but one not to miss!

Visited September 2012

Hollywood, Florida
“Second Time Around”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Just reinforced my first review impressions. This time for a late lunch - they serve until 4. Where else can you get top notch giant fried conch appetizer, a great choice of West Indies curry plates and my grilled squid sandwich?

Yes, grilled squid. Not your franchised fast-food drive through.

Get on over there, relax your attitude and enjoy.

• Visited August 2012
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Over priced!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

My experience is only based on going during lunch. The food is very good but it is over priced, especially for the portions. The wait is always very long for service and a have to account for an hour and a half lunch break. Drinks are in cans and you only get one. Again the food is good but not great. fish sandwich for$16? Give me a break, go to flannigans and get a bigger and fresher priced for$ 12.

2 Thank Moe E
“Great food, not so great service.”
Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

The food was outstanding. The waitress was not very attentive. And it wasn't like she was very busy, we were one of her three tables. Two 2-tops and one 4-top. My wife was very aggravated that no one would say "you're welcome" to our many thank you's. But the food made it all worth the trip, I doubt we'll go back though.

3 Thank ledchevy
FLORIDA
“Good”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Well I think I had high hopes for this bc of all the hype..we went there and tried 2 soups...one was Lime, the other was their famous conch chowder, which I thought lacked immensly! The food we ordered was mostly appetizers..which were good, and most were fried and the batter was tasty, but Id have to say the fish lacked flavor....the size of portions were great and we were stuffed..but it was lacking SOMETHING...although we didnt have any of the main dishes because it was super pricy.....its worth a try

• Visited July 2012